Author Topic: Year End Saga Beyond Yavin Wave?  (Read 8585 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Year End Saga Beyond Yavin Wave?
« Reply #15 on: June 4, 2006, 11:45 AM »
If you do think about it logically though, do you think they would re-visit Tatooine this year. Sure, Hasbro can do anything they want, but they do have a MO and I think we can make an assumption based on past performance.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #16 on: June 4, 2006, 11:54 AM »
No, 4-inches got their info from GH, I can guarantee that

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 4, 2006, 02:22 PM »
Those rumor lists came from GH via Adam_May and Jimmy_, there was a pretty big fallout from them and the article no longer appears on the site, so...I say take them with a grain of salt

He who shan't be named has historically had some of the best contacts and info of anyone in the realm of Hasbro Star Wars collecting.  He told me about a couple of things late last year that have only been confirmed in the past couple of months.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #18 on: June 4, 2006, 03:03 PM »
Well, he's also been saying the same thing for the last three years

http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=2845.msg33394#msg33394

I don't doubt his sources because a lot of stuff has come to pass...its just that I could say Han Stormtrooper is definitely coming out and is on internal lists and when they make him 3 years from now I could say that I have sources.

Pretty much everything he has rumored outside the Cloud Car and the U shaped Cantina section has been made though so I'm all for getting those figures, I just hope they come sooner rather than 3 years from now

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 4, 2006, 04:17 PM »
There also rumors of OTC 2!
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline JediShawn

• Youngling
  • Do or do not. There is no try.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 4, 2006, 08:50 PM »
I am fairly certain the "new" toys that 4 inches mentioned are going to be in the Commemorative DVD packs and the Tin sets.
"Look, a few minutes ago you said you didn't want to just wait here and be captured, now all you want to do is stay?"
"Marching into the detention area is not what I had in mind!"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 8, 2006, 12:29 PM »
So, the Yavin wave is not to happen this year. I can accept it if it gets bumped to '07, however, I wonder now how Hasbro is to fill the next six months with just two waves? Perhaps the DVD announcement derailed their plans and a new line will be launched for years end.

OTC2 anyone?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 8, 2006, 12:33 PM »
I could definitely go for an all OT line...that'd be pretty sweet.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 8, 2006, 02:15 PM »
So, the Yavin wave is not to happen this year. I can accept it if it gets bumped to '07, however, I wonder now how Hasbro is to fill the next six months with just two waves? Perhaps the DVD announcement derailed their plans and a new line will be launched for years end.

OTC2 anyone?

I think there are a few more waves of the repacked ROTS figures cleverly named "Heroes and Villains".  Those should clog up the pegs for several months.  Plus the current Tatooine Wave just not hitting the pegs.  Then this combined Endor/Naboo wave of figs. 

Honestly, I hope that DVD release does not goof up anything coming out.  We had that big push 2 years ago with the 04 DVD release.  Is it really needed again?  I can see some stuff coming up repack wise for it.  Like the 3 packs and tins.  I just hope it's not another major OTC2 repack/rehash line.  We get that enough now in the current Saga line IMO. 

Offline JediShawn

• Youngling
  • Do or do not. There is no try.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 8, 2006, 02:56 PM »
I am definitely disappointed by the apparent cancellation of the Yavin wave. Hopefully we will see another Original Trilogy Collection line with new sculpts or, rather, another twelve Vintage-style figures.
"Look, a few minutes ago you said you didn't want to just wait here and be captured, now all you want to do is stay?"
"Marching into the detention area is not what I had in mind!"

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 8, 2006, 03:18 PM »
I dont believe anything Hasbro says.  I am sure something will show up at years end.  Remember, figures that are usually scheduled for a new year show up 1-2 months early for the year end Holidays.   Plus, Hasbro has been tight lipped much better over the last year on several items that we had no idea were coming til the last moment.  I put money on either the Yavin wave still appearing, another VOTC line or some type of OTC2 promotion which would allow some of these figures to be released (Han Ceremonial, DS Trooper, etc.).  Plus, wasnt the Fan's Choice suppose to come out this year? 

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #26 on: June 8, 2006, 03:25 PM »
Plus, wasnt the Fan's Choice suppose to come out this year?

What Fan's Choice?  The one we just voted on, whose results haven't even been announced yet?  There's not enough lead time to get it out this year.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #27 on: June 8, 2006, 04:29 PM »
What Fan's Choice?  The one we just voted on, whose results haven't even been announced yet?  There's not enough lead time to get it out this year.

And, just to supplement that, here's a nice feature that Adam Pawlus put together which breaks down all of the different Fan's Choice polls that Hasbro has run over the last six years. 

Most of the winners took a little over a year to hit the pegs.  If they tried, Hasbro could probably crank one out in a little under a year, but even if they started working on it the day after the polls closed two months ago, there probably still wouldn't be enough time to get it out in calendar year 2006.

(And, given the year or so lead time, here's a thought: Fan's Choice #6: Willrow Hood, Celebration 4 Exclusive, May 2007)

:o
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."