Author Topic: Where is C-3PO  (Read 2731 times)

Offline FX-7

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Where is C-3PO
« on: May 19, 2003, 02:34 PM »
We need a new C-3PO with bendable knees
We need him now!
Medical Droid Extrodinaire

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Where is C-3PO
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2003, 02:47 PM »
I would go for a resculpted C-3PO, but I would prefer him to be of the "Ultimate" variety - ala the Commtech Stormtrooper.  Give him a TON of articulation, and make him nice and shiny with just a subtle hint of the silver coloring in his lower leg.  I would love to see that!

I don't think C-3PO has ever gotten more than the standard 6 points of articulation (not counting removable limbs), which is an absolute shame.  It's not like he ever comes with any accessories that boost his manufacturing or materials costs, so throw us a bone Hasbro and get some articulation on the poor fella!

I wouldn't be too surprised to see a "Jabba slimed C-3PO" in the future at some point though, since it's the only semi-legitimate variation left for our favorite protocal droid.  Several batches of green slime applied to him, from right after Jabba smacks his butt to the floor!  Of course, a semi-removable eye socket would be cool too, from when Salacious was pecking at him like the ravenous little chicken monkey that he is!   :P

Most likely though, we'll probably be seeing the rumored Deluxe C-3PO in the not too distant future - on his Ewok throne/chair.  Should have the articulated knees you seek FX-7, but I doubt it will be the "ultimate" version that the rest of us would love to see unfortunately.  Keeping my fingers crossed on that...

And while we're at it, I'm still patiently awaiting my Bartender R2-D2 Hasbro!   :-*

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2003, 03:06 PM »

we'll probably be seeing the rumored Deluxe C-3PO in the not too distant future - on his Ewok throne/chair.  Should have the articulated knees

SHOULD Being the operative work here  ;)
Beth

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2003, 03:17 PM »
Again, I agree with Matt to the fullest.  He needs TONS of articulation!
dustrho

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2003, 03:48 PM »
We need a new C-3PO with bendable knees
We need him now!

not just bending knees but elbow and wrist too.

i'd like to see a 3PO in the deluxe line with an ewok chair, and a pack in ewok. possibly chief chirpa.

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2003, 04:41 PM »
I think Anthony Daniels would agree that even the Threepio costume could use a ton of articulation, but it's not like he was doing yoga onscreen. The fact was even the actor didn't have the range of movement the toy does.

Still, I'd like to see a Threepio figure with poseable knees, preferably with a scale Escape Pod. I understand that such articulation is a material quality issue, what with the vac-metallized plating and all. But I might be persuaded to forego a chrome protocol droid for one that can actually sit in a chair.
Post sober.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2003, 04:51 PM »
I don't think Hasbro would give us a "ultimate" figure of any charactor, as we wouldn't have to buy the resculpts and what not afterwards.  :-\

Offline Jedirhino

• Jedi Initiate
  • The party's over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2003, 05:25 PM »
There is supposed to be a deluxe figure or an accessory figure with C3PO and bendable knees...at least I heard several rumors and one confirmation of this...It is supposed to come with the chair that the Ewoks carried 3PO home in plus some other accessories...wouldn't a new Ewok playset be nice as well as a bunch of ewoks!!!!!

Offline krisvds

• Jedi Initiate
  • VLPS
    • View Profile
    • VLPS
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2003, 05:32 PM »
Like Posted in the other tread the other day:

now, R2 and 3PO !!!

That is a GREAT idea !!!!!!!!!!

as long as they are

C-3PO
  • Super Shiney
  • Lot's Of Articulation (hidden articulation that works wel)
  • A good Paint Job (not easy to rub off)
  • Dead on likeness
  • those wires are not painted, but sculpted...
  • Eyes are done well
R2-D2
  • Retracteble 3° legg
  • Turneble dome
  • A very good Paint Job
  • Dead on likeness
  • Wheels under feet
  • Acurate dome color
  • Maybe opening hatches with tools (only if it does not affect the look of R2
So, that's a 2 pack I want !!!  ;D

And I think I want 3 of those ;)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2003, 09:32 PM »
I really want a new classic 3PO too.  It really wouldn't matter to me if he was that shiny, they could just paint him like the accessory piece that came with SAGA Bespin Chewbacca.  That would be a-ok with me, especially if he had articulated knees.

One 3PO that has 7 points of articulation is the Flashback 3PO because of the bicep is a swivel and also is removable.

:P

Offline FX-7

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2003, 12:22 PM »
see...I knew I wasn't alone.  We need him!  
Medical Droid Extrodinaire