Author Topic: Questions for Hasbro?  (Read 253806 times)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Re: Questions for Hasbro?
« Reply #195 on: February 22, 2007, 07:30 AM »
I bet that Biggs' cape is AWOL because of Luke Vaporator.  They've said that in the past they have to find way to save on certain figures when other figures go over budget.  Personally, I could have done without the vaporator.  I really wanted that cool turtle-neck collar cape. It's very unique, and oh, so 70s!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #196 on: February 22, 2007, 03:52 PM »
In the 12/01/06 version of the Q&A  you stated "She (Snowbunny Padme) is not pre-posed, but has normal articulation"
I just bought this figure, and she is in my opnion "Pre-Posed."  What I mean by this, is that outside of her pointing her gun, she looks ridiculous in any other pose, and her wide leg stance always makes her look like she's fighting.

First Question:  What do you consider Pre-Posed?

Second Question:  When you've had such positive reaction to articluation in the '05 ROTS line and the '06 SAGA line, why, in 2007, would you go back to a style of figure that was recieved poorly in 2002?

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #197 on: February 24, 2007, 03:58 PM »
My own guess is to why Padme is like that is because she dates from 2003, but it's a question I'd like to see answered to.  Regarding that:

Are there any figures from recent years (ROTS, Saga, OTC, POTJ, or even Episode I) that have yet to make it into the basic line for whatever reason?  If so, any hints as to what they might be?

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 25, 2007, 01:30 PM »
does Hasbro have the license to produce toys for the up-coming Indy 4?

I think you'll be pleased with question #3 we sent in on past Friday (2/2).  ;)
What happened to the Q&A? I want to know some news on  Indy toys, good or bad!
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #199 on: February 25, 2007, 03:08 PM »
What happened to the Q&A?

A lot of folks missed the announcement due to all the Toy Fair news...

Due to Toy Fair complications, there will be no Q&A Answers today...

All questions that were supposed to be answered today will be held over to the next round and answered on Friday, March 2.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #200 on: February 25, 2007, 08:14 PM »
I'm hoping with the success of the "Pirates" figures that Hasbro realizes that 3 3/4 would be good for Indy also.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 25, 2007, 09:45 PM »
Will you ever make figures based on the two "Ewoks" TV movies?

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #202 on: February 27, 2007, 01:53 PM »
Hello,
 First i would like to say thank you taking the time out to do this and for allowing it to last so long. My question is in regards to Yarna D'al Gargan. Now that most of the new product has been seen at toyfair i was wondering if you could comment on the possibility of her being made. In the latest fan choice poll she was the highest voted original trilogy character. I would like to think that means something. You we kind enough to comment on the ice cream maker guys chances, could you please shed some light on Yarna. Thank you.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 27, 2007, 06:25 PM »
I'm hoping with the success of the "Pirates" figures that Hasbro realizes that 3 3/4 would be good for Indy also.
Pirates is new. But maybe Indy 4 will make kids into Indy again.

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 4, 2007, 03:03 PM »
Only ONE Ewok for Saga? Would you conisder a Ewok Battle Pack (only Ewoks) Or maybe doing a double Pack like you did recently with the Battle Droids?  A good idea for the Battle Pakcs might to use the Celebration at the end of the ROTJ when the Ewoks are celebrating. You could even include the Ewok playing music on the helmets of the Stormtroopers?

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 4, 2007, 04:40 PM »
Hasbro already said there will be an Ewok 2-pack this year.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #206 on: March 15, 2007, 09:13 PM »
I recently bought the well-sculpted and nicely articulated 30AC Mace Windu.  However, I was shocked that the plastic in his Jedi "skirt" was so stiff that it made any leg movement above the knees hopeless.  The 30 AC Obi-Wan (originally from 2 years ago) has a softer skirt with slits allowing for excellent playabilty.
Why would you ignore a previous success and produce a less satisfying product in times when children are less and less interested in action figures?

or...

The new Mace Windu will not sit down due to the stiffness in his Jedi Skirt.  With a Mace Windu Jedi Fighter on the shelves, why wouldn't it be a priority to make the figure and the ship interact.  Toy companies keep stating that children are more into video games, but when a figure won't fit into his designated ship, who can blame the kids?

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 17, 2007, 12:39 PM »
You've recently confirmed a new Han Solo with Totrure Rack, will the rack be placed with two figures (one half with Han & another with some character from that wave) or will all be in with Han?

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 25, 2007, 10:35 AM »
Someone might need to reword this to be a little more congenial, but here goes:

It seems to me that over the course of the last few years, more and more attention is being paid to the "displayability" of mint-in-package toys than to the quality of said toys upon removal from the package.  Throughout 2006, some figures were packaged in "action" poses in their blisters (e.g. Utapau Clone Trooper) whose posing tended to warp the already flexible plastic to the point of disfigurement.  The little clear rubber bands used to hold a character's weapons in their hands are also problematic in that they often warp the hands to the point where holding their accompanying weaponry is impossible.

Vehicles have begun to suffer the same fate, as seen in the total warping of Commander Neyo and the Saleucami Clone Trooper's hands to such an extreme that they can not hold the handlebars of their BARC Speeders, much less hold the blasters included in the package, due to the use of plastic rubber bands.  These days, if it's in a window box, you're pretty much guaranteed to have a shoddy product once you negotiate all the twist ties and rubber bands, rendering playability almost useless.

My question is this:  Why, in the face of this being such a widespread problem, does Hasbro continue to design things seemingly geared more toward the mint-in-package collector at the expense of the playability of the actual toy that people are buying the item for? 

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 27, 2007, 05:04 PM »
I can answer that.

Because the toy companies only get one shot to 'sell' you.  If it looks purdy in the box, you're more prone to buy it.

The twist ties and rubber bands exist not only to sell the product, but to require you to destroy the inner fittings -- so much so that returning the item to the store (because of disfigurment) is darn near impossible.