Author Topic: Questions for Hasbro?  (Read 253779 times)

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
Re: Questions for Hasbro?
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2006, 06:54 PM »
Geez, everyone is running into Hasbro rep's these days! I would be so happy if I could tell him/her that Hasbro should make an SA Mace windu!
Yo is what yo is.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2006, 07:41 PM »
Geez, everyone is running into Hasbro rep's these days! I would be so happy if I could tell him/her that Hasbro should make an SA Mace windu!

I ran into a Hasbro rep a couple weeks back as well, not the first time either. If you run into them at a large retail outlet such as TRU or Walmart, they're likely from Consumer Affairs and are checking in on the store to see if they're properly stocked. They tend not to know much about specific lines other than what is currently available for retail to purchase and as such what the stores should have. If an item isn't already in distribution, they aren't likely to know what you're talking about. Even if it is in distribution you're going to have to be specific and clear about the item, as was the case when I asked the rep I saw at TRU about the Hunt for Grievous battlepack. She was aware of a TRU exclusive battlepack, but didn't know it's name off the top of her head and since it wasn't on her checklist for TRU at the time, she had no way of knowing what it was until I gave a clear description. Sales reps would know more details, I ran into one at an old mom and pop store in Chicago around the time of Episode 2. But seeing such reps nowadays is extremely rare since there aren't many small time stores left and all the big retail outlets have a national (or global) sales team associated with them.

Onto a question for Hasbro...

When can we expect consistency with the types of plastics you are using for the Star Wars basic figure line? Since late 2000, you have  used a softer plastic on many figures - primarily Battle Droids and other figures with thin limbs - which has caused them to warp and no longer be of play value for children or be aesthetically pleasing for collectors to display. This results in bad brand recognition for Star Wars as a toyline that uses inferior materials, when compared to your own GI Joe figure lines, as well as reducing the rate of return for shoppers purchasing Star Wars figures - especially parents who would not one to keep buying the same figure over and over for their children if it's going to be easily damaged.  Though these toys are not designed to last a lifetime, they should be designed to last more than a year without major damage such as their heads touching their toes when left to stand on their own on a shelf.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 07:42 PM by CorranHorn »
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2006, 05:24 PM »
1.  Articulation is a popular feature on toys for children and adults alike.  Is it possible we'll see things like elbow, wrist, and knee joints become the standard in the Hasbro basic line on all figures, regardless of their role in the films, since poseable toys are popular?

** We weigh each figure based on their individual needs and the costing of the product overall.  If a character has a significant accessory, or is in a multi-pack, we will evaluate that vs. just premium articulation for the sake of articulation.

My god, I can't beleive that, with Saga 2 being such a complete let down for accesories, and articulation they really can't justify that answer.

Lets take hem dazon for example: great sculpt, nice accesories(3 or 4) a gun/holster, a glass, and table. The table I bet alot of kids could have done without, as well as the cup, articulated legs would be much better IMO. ::)
Oh well.

Heres my Question.

With the New legacy series of comics out this year, is there any plans for Legacy? I know that you said that EU is coming next year but I wanted to know Legacy in specific. :)

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2006, 05:41 PM »
Here's MY question:

Will you be making a new Mace Windu figure anytime soon? It would certainly please a lot of people if you did make a totally new one.
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2006, 05:51 PM »
When exactly will we be seeing the release of a new, super-articulated, high-quality Mace Windu? Is this type fo figure on your to-do list, or has it even been mentioned at all?

3. Many fans, including myself, are urging for you to make a super-articulated Mace Windu. If the hype is so high, and seeing how big of a part he has in the Star Wars prequels, why aren't you making this figure? Is there something that's keeping you from doing so?

Will you be making a new Mace Windu figure anytime soon? It would certainly please a lot of people if you did make a totally new one.

For the record, each time a question is posted in here, I add it to my growing list o'questions.

the same person re-posting the same question over, and over, and over does NOT move the question up the priority list.  In fact, if anything, it just annoys me and just makes me less likey to choose that question.   :P

« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 05:57 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CloneCommander1

• Jedi Initiate
  • Oh no you did-nt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2006, 09:35 PM »
When you say "new" vehicles for next year, do you mean new paintjobs on existing vehicles?  Or an entierely new mould?
It's not just football, it's Notre Dame football!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2006, 02:24 PM »
Why are store exclusive items so overpriced?

Are the new stands and holographic mini-figures really the reason for higher prices this year?

Is a new Speeder Bike planned for the near future?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2006, 03:35 PM »
When exactly will we be seeing the release of a new, super-articulated, high-quality Mace Windu? Is this type fo figure on your to-do list, or has it even been mentioned at all?

3. Many fans, including myself, are urging for you to make a super-articulated Mace Windu. If the hype is so high, and seeing how big of a part he has in the Star Wars prequels, why aren't you making this figure? Is there something that's keeping you from doing so?

For the record, each time a question is posted in here, I add it to my growing list o'questions.

the same person re-posting the same question over, and over, and over does NOT move the question up the priority list.  In fact, if anything, it just annoys me and just makes me less likey to choose that question.   :P

Well, you see, the only reason I posted multiple times was because I figured that after each Friday, you would ignore the past questions. That's why I repost the Mace question. If you DON'T ignore past questions, than I'm sorry for the trouble.
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2006, 07:09 PM »
I just wanted to start off by saying that the Star Wars line is fantastic. Now, I wanted to ask a question. Is there any chance that we will see the Deluxe/ Ultra line return? I really liked the bigger figures like Clone Trooper Builders, Ewok Gliders, Darth Vader Operating Table, Crab Droid, and Droid Army. I would love to see a line of Deluxe figures again to complement the basic Figure line.

-Gregory B.

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2006, 02:30 PM »
How about giving us a peek into the figure selection process? For example, the Naboo FLight Crew looks like it'll be a customizer's dream. But it was never clamored for (nor probably even noticed on screen since it's so mundane), yet it's going to be made ahead of so many figures on the collective colledtor wishlist.

The Titanium packaging sports the Galoob and Micromachines logos alongside Hasbro's. Was this a contractual obligation (stemming from the takeover), or a marketing decision?

Who came up with the idea to mock collectors by giving the Saga/AOTC Aayla figure soft goods?

:)

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2006, 12:17 PM »
Any chance of a Death Star playset modular or otherwise for the 3 3/4 inch line, the Galactic Heroes or Lego?  Lego would seem to be a good fit for a modular version with what was done with the Jabba's Palace sets.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2006, 01:55 PM »
  Lego would seem to be a good fit for a modular version with what was done with the Jabba's Palace sets.

Umm, Hasbro doesn't own LEGO...

Offline Simdog

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2006, 02:39 PM »
Will the Fan's Choice Poll ever return to its original form where you guys identify 4 candidates and allow us collectors to vote? I really hate the current poll. Having all of those Expanded Universe characters on there really spoils it for me.

Simdog

Offline obi-dad

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2006, 05:07 PM »
Although I've read in forums on multiple sites and even multiple times in the Questions for Hasbro from different sites expressing fan desire for accurate playsets, even for smaller and modular ones, that you (Hasbro) are not interested in making playsets.  Then, how about more "set dressing" like some of the accessories that have been included with past figures (like the piece with General Rieekan, the bar pieces - both in ANH & AOTC, the Jedi council floor & chairs, the separtists war table,  Luke w/Bacta Tank, Leia with Sail Barge Cannon, etc)?  I'm really not sure what those little round things are supposed to be with Hem Dazon & Momaw Nadon, but an acurate Cantina table would be cool, tactical stations, moisture vaporators, the Cantina center bar (where the drinks are mixed), vehicle ladders (like in the canceled Target accessory pack), Death Star table & chairs that Vader, Tarkin, Motti, etc. sat at,  things like that?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2006, 11:53 AM »
Does Hasbro plan on updating the remaining 6-8 figures not yet updated from the Vintage line?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."