Author Topic: Questions for Hasbro?  (Read 253737 times)

Offline Darth Gamboa

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Aren't you a little fat to be a stormtrooper?"
    • View Profile
Re: Questions for Hasbro?
« Reply #420 on: September 28, 2009, 05:50 PM »
Hey Hasbro the Target exclusive X-Wing is great! I love that it comes with both a pilot and an astromech with a couple of ladders thrown in as icing on the cake. I'm wondering though if you're willing to "up the ante" and in your next exclusive X-Wing or OTC Y-Wing, give us all that again with the addition of a Rebel hangar transport with operator? Darth Gamboa
...of the Fifth Southside Tactical Marching Squadron

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: September 28, 2009, 06:38 PM »
Dear Hasbro,

Recently you stated that the comic packs had dwindled in sales . The reason is you have repacks in some of the recent assortments that are almost three years old ( Marvel comic figures) and not enough of the new packs in the case assortments. Are you willing to rectify this problem, or will the line fade away? Ghost of QG

I would just like to tag onto this one.  I LOVE the comic pack figs and have bought multiples of each.  My issue is that it's impossible to track down the new ones.  I have seen empty pegs and/or repacks in most locations - before killing this line I'd like to hear your thoughts on modifying the assortments.  Maybe even moving to a 6-item case pack to allocate 2x of each new item pack and drop the re-packs.  Thanks!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Hobbie

• Jedi Initiate
  • Astromechs never pegwarm.
    • View Profile
    • Star Wars Astromechs
« Reply #422 on: October 8, 2009, 08:25 PM »
Now that you have released a "correct" green colored R2-X2, when are you going to release a correct R3-T2, which should have a bright red dome with white panels, not a brown stripe around a white dome, or R4-M9 with the correct black colored stripes?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 07:24 PM by Hobbie »

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 27, 2009, 06:49 PM »
Could you give us an idea of when we can expect to see the previously shown Galactic Heroes 'Kamino Showdown' and 'Purchase of the Droids' Cinema Scenes?  We received some great pics in July and they were initially slated for a Fall 2009 release, but there's been no word of them arriving.  When can we expect to see these at TRU?

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 29, 2009, 12:52 AM »
Hey Hasbro, Zam Wesell has been a good part of the Ep. II film, and you guys have already said that you would remake her since the 2002 Saga Collection ... around what year do you think you'll get to this sly shapeshifter?
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline LordMaul

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: November 8, 2009, 12:03 PM »
Dear Hasbro,
We are in desperate need of new rebel officers and troops. While Clone Troopers, Stormtroopers and Droids are certainly more popular with the mass market, other army building figures like the Hoh Rebel Trooper or the Rebel Vanguard Trooper are selling extremely well, too.
So here’s my three part question:

When are we finally getting the SA Rebel Fleet Trooper and the Endor Commando?

What happened to the Rebel Officer (based on the Rebel Honor Guard sculpt) which was slated for the 2009 Legacy line? Will he be released in 2010?

Also there have been consistent rumors that there will be a new General Lando Calrissian figure within the next few years. Are we talking a retooling of the OTC version or (hopefully) a completely new SA sculpt?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 01:52 AM by LordMaul »

Offline treebeard

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 8, 2009, 06:01 PM »
Hasbro,
Since troopers always seem to be popular, I'm wondering if some of the older but unique troopers from the EU like the Clone Assassin, Shadows of the Empire Coruscant Guard, and the cool looking white TIE Fighter Pilot still have a chance at being made in action figure form, or would the age of the source materials and tooling costs prove too much of an obstacle? Armored troopers usually seem like a can't miss, so I hope these guys can still warrant some consideration!
« Last Edit: November 9, 2009, 08:31 AM by treebeard »

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: November 9, 2009, 11:52 PM »
Dear Hasbro,

When will the next wave(s) of comic packs be released?

Offline jtrooper

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: December 17, 2009, 09:52 AM »
Dear Hasbro,

Will we ever see individual cards made of Republic Commandos or a Battle pack of 4 with great articulation and it will be neat to have secondary weapons with the Commandos and will there be a figure like Jedi Etain in the future.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 09:54 AM by jtrooper »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: December 22, 2009, 02:00 PM »
With the recent announcement that we won't be seeing any new Legacy/collector focused figures until Fall 2010, can you give us an idea as to when we will get our first look at this new line? IE, will we get any sneak peeks at Toy Fair in February or will we have to wait for the big unveiling at SDCC in July?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: December 22, 2009, 07:34 PM »
Whoops. :-[

Thanks Jeff!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: December 23, 2009, 09:52 PM »
Hasbro, can you perhaps tell us what other Comic Pack pairings were originally included in the Spring '010 wave (with Darth Nihl/Deliah Blue, Rohlan Dyre/Jarael) before the line's death?
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: December 31, 2009, 04:27 PM »
Three questions I wouldn't mind seeing answered...

1) Do you think the WalMart Droid Factory 2-pack line would have done better if instead of offering older inferior product (2005 ROTS Grievous, 1999 Sith Speeder Maul, etc...) you had essentially treated them like a wave of Legacy Collection figures with more than just three new-ish sculpts?

2) Have you ever considered the fact that your line problems might be caused by rising prices of product? With the loss of the B-A-D parts, will you be dropping the price of the line with the packaging change in August 2010? With your ever-increasing inclusion of the SAME spring-loaded weapons (or in some figures no large accessory at all) how can you continue to justify the Clone Wars line costing the same as the Legacy Collection?

3) Over the past three years you seem to be re-releasing/re-painting/re-packing items with greater frequency. Why should it come as a surprise then at some collectors would pass on offerings like the over-priced WalMart Droid Factory 2-packs and wait for a future re-release of the Dark Trooper (the primary reason anyone would buy these sets in the first place)? And please don't just answer this question with "we have no plans to re-release the Dark Trooper at this time" - in 2007 you told us that the only way we'd ever get the McQuarrie figures was to pick up the individually carded releases, and by 2009 you had them all re-released in box sets. So to say that the Dark Trooper is not currently planned on being re-released is just shortsighted - there's no way you're not going to try to find a way to maximize your ROI on the tooling costs of this over-sized Build-a-Droid. It may not be 2010, it may not be 2011, but perhaps the world really is going to end, if by 2012, you haven't figured out a way to re-release the Dark Trooper.

I know we have to play nicey-nice with Hasbro, so I don't have an expectations of them ever being used, but it was therapeutic just to type them out....
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 04:30 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline poodachoo

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: December 31, 2009, 08:49 PM »
just a few comments here

(1) I understand that most packaging is aimed at the latest style and that kids are most likely a big target demographic but i would like to see a carded style of black and green similar to the old Return of the Jedi line but revamped.

(2) I would also like to see more care taken in the packaging of action figures only because some action figures especially clonewars figures have thin legs and they are all out of shape.

(3) I would like to commed hasbro on your latest packing techniques for the Turbo Tank, Droid Star Fighter and the AT-TE.

(4) And just an idea consider opening hasbro shops like 1 per city (including Australia). A place where people can go and shop for hasbro products and they are never out of stock and if they are a stock transfer can be arranged and every time you go home happy with bags full of products.
That's the dream!