Author Topic: Questions for Hasbro?  (Read 253768 times)

Offline 212th Battalion

• Jedi Initiate
  • oh crap...
    • View Profile
Re: Questions for Hasbro?
« Reply #75 on: August 16, 2006, 07:28 PM »
Hasbro i know that im not the only one here who has been waiting for a SA Jango Fett. When do you think you will be making him i know that every one would go crazy over him. I mean you already made a SA Boba so why not Jango? :P
Momar and Fester

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 17, 2006, 06:54 PM »
Why don't the Galactic Marine & Utapua Airborne Trooper have cloth skirts? The knees really aren't as good with plastic skirts in the way. :-\

Will the Titanium figure continue next year? Maybe with more droids.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 07:25 PM by Artoo »
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 24, 2006, 12:31 PM »
What does the Star Wars team think of the job Sideshow is doing with their line of 12" figures?  I know at one time there were talks of the two companies working together - is there a working relationship between Hasbro and Sideshow?  And if so, can you elaborate on how the two entities work together?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 12:31 PM by ruiner »

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 24, 2006, 12:37 PM »
I think I recall a Q similar to this asked at the CC and Hasbro responded with "no comment" then elaborated with " we can't comment on what sideshow is doing with their line". A good question....I wonder how they would respond to them working together with SS.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #79 on: August 24, 2006, 01:01 PM »
Hasbro,are there any plans for an R2-D2 that is a re-paint of the ROTS SP R4-G9?

If I could maybe add on to this a little:

What's next for Artoo-Detoo?  Early photography for the Saga-010 Hoth version showed what appeared to be an R4-G9 repainted to look like Artoo, and it looked fantastic.  Then the production figure turned out to be the VOTC sculpt, which was disappointing to many collectors and Artoo fans, who consider the R4-G9 to be the best astromech sculpt to date. 

For a character who doesn't appear to change much throughout the six films, there are still a few things that haven't been done with him yet in toy form--the afore-mentioned R4-G9 repaint being one, and "battle-damaged" versions from the battles of Yavin and Endor being others.

So again I ask, what's next for Artoo?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #80 on: August 25, 2006, 02:28 PM »
So again I ask, what's next for Artoo?

Not eaxctly the same question you've got there, but we did ask about "Sneak Preview Sculpt" R2... and I think you'll be pleased with the answer.   ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #81 on: August 25, 2006, 03:04 PM »
Not eaxctly the same question you've got there, but we did ask about "Sneak Preview Sculpt" R2... and I think you'll be pleased with the answer.   ;)

The only question I can think of, and you guys asked it already. 

Fantastic news, though.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Online Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 25, 2006, 10:23 PM »
Will we see any new Separatist Leaders or their Aides released in 2007?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 10:24 PM by Rune Haako »

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 26, 2006, 12:28 AM »
Will you be sculpting any new clones next year besides the Galactic Marine?
What about Separtist Droids?
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline UKHistory

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 26, 2006, 11:35 AM »
Dear Hasbro,

My question is in understanding the role of Battlestar Galactica toys being offered in the Star Wars assortments.  You are including Battlestar Galactica vehicles from the new tv series in the Titantium line.  Are you considering offering any titanium Battlestar Galactica action figures in the titanium line or the regular action figure line or battle packs. 

I especially like the idea of having the new cylon being metal just like IG-88 and C-3PO.

Lastly on this same line of questioning does your Battlestar Galactica license allow you to make 1/18 vehicles that would be compatable with the Star Wars figures.  Might these vehicles be a little more cost effective to make?  The Viper?  The Raptor, etc.

Thanks for the great work and your willingness to communicate with fans.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #85 on: August 26, 2006, 01:58 PM »
Hasbro,

I think the time is right for a new line of A-Team toys.  Do you currently have the A-Team license, and if not, would you be willing to get it? 

I think I can speak for all of us Eighties' kids who grew up with the show that we'd really like to see your take on it.  A new Hannibal, Face, B.A. Baracus (with removable gold chains) and Murdock (perhaps with a "goofy face" variant) would sell like hotcakes.  It would also be cool to have the black van with the red stripe to put them all in and drive them around and stuff.

Perhaps if this wouldn't be possible right now, maybe you could just occasionally stick one of the guys into the Star Wars line or something.  You know, do a Murdock, but just call him "Tatooine Street Peasant" and put him on a Star Wars card.  That way, both the Star Wars fans and the A-Team fans would by him, because everybody loves cross-marketing.

Thanks, Hasbro!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #86 on: August 26, 2006, 02:41 PM »
Are you considering offering any titanium Battlestar Galactica action figures in the titanium line or the regular action figure line or battle packs. 

I especially like the idea of having the new cylon being metal just like IG-88 and C-3PO.

Hasbro has already confirmed a Titanium Cylon... it comes out later this year in Wave 5 with Darth Maul and Hoth Speeder Luke.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 26, 2006, 03:19 PM »
I was just wondering if Hasbro will ever consider resculpting Uncle Owen and add both of those droids LIN-V8K and the Umbrella Droid?  That would go a long way for helping us complete that little scene now that we have a decent R5-D4.  I think now we do have C-3PO, R2-D2, Jawas, Uncle Owen (not a good sculpt), and that tall droid R1-G4. 

Offline 212th Battalion

• Jedi Initiate
  • oh crap...
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 27, 2006, 02:32 AM »
Just wondering will we see a pack of all the sepratist leaders in one pack like the entertainmet exclusive droid packs?
Momar and Fester

Online Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 27, 2006, 09:27 AM »
That'd be AWESOME! :o