Author Topic: Questions for Hasbro?  (Read 253814 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Questions for Hasbro?
« Reply #15 on: June 9, 2006, 04:15 PM »
I am assuming that Hasbro is picking questions from a pool submitted by multiple sites (I see that RS is doing this as well). So that means the odds of any of our questions getting answered is severly reduced since they are not taking 3 questions from each site, but instead 3 questions total from all sites.

Not quite.  They are taking 3 questions from each site and answering them.  Our 3 are different from RS's questions.

But, they are only going to be taking a sampling of all questions total from all the sites who submitted questions to post on the www.Hasbro.com/starwars website.

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #16 on: June 9, 2006, 04:41 PM »
I am assuming that Hasbro is picking questions from a pool submitted by multiple sites (I see that RS is doing this as well). So that means the odds of any of our questions getting answered is severly reduced since they are not taking 3 questions from each site, but instead 3 questions total from all sites.

Not quite.  They are taking 3 questions from each site and answering them.  Our 3 are different from RS's questions.

But, they are only going to be taking a sampling of all questions total from all the sites who submitted questions to post on the www.Hasbro.com/starwars website.

Ohhh so the JD questions aren't coming just from this thread then? My bad, I thought everything was coming from this thread, sorry about that.

The answer to the Evolutions question is a bit odd. Evolutions figures were of a superior quality to the ROTS and TSC lines, yet they say the TSC figures are Evolutions quality. I don't know if that is the case for all of the new figures in the TSC line. The sculpting is really good, but the choice in articulation sure doesn't match the Evolutions standards. A look at Major Derlin and Commander Cody show that.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: June 9, 2006, 04:59 PM »
Ohhh so the JD questions aren't coming just from this thread then? My bad, I thought everything was coming from this thread, sorry about that.

The 3 questions posted today were submitted to Hasbro on Friday, June 2nd. 

This thread was not started until Monday, June 5th because we were selfish and filled up the the first week's allotment with our own questions (in fact, Review-Guru Jesse had so many questions that he could have filled a few weeks allotments all on his own  :P)

In the future installments (like the questions we submitted today) we'll be plucking questions (or at least parts or questions) from this thread.  For example, your articulation question from earlier in the week was smooshed together with one of Jesse's articulation questions to make one BIG articulation question on joints.   ;)

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #18 on: June 9, 2006, 05:40 PM »

The 3 questions posted today were submitted to Hasbro on Friday, June 2nd. 

This thread was not started until Monday, June 5th because we were selfish and filled up the the first week's allotment with our own questions (in fact, Review-Guru Jesse had so many questions that he could have filled a few weeks allotments all on his own  :P)

In the future installments (like the questions we submitted today) we'll be plucking questions (or at least parts or questions) from this thread.  For example, your articulation question from earlier in the week was smooshed together with one of Jesse's articulation questions to make one BIG articulation question on joints.   ;)

Understandable. I thought I smelled JJ in those questions  ;D

Awesome, looking forward to future updates and hopefully to inspire more thought out questions to give to the Big H.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline ROTJLuke

• Youngling
  • Where's the SA Final Duel Jedi Luke?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 9, 2006, 07:18 PM »
When is Hasbro finally going to make a Super Articulated Luke Skywalker Death Star II figure?

Are they aware of the backlash the 2003 Throne Room Duel Luke Skywalker figure recieved?

Thanks!  :)
All I want from you Hasbro is a SA Final Duel Luke. Is that soo much to ask for?

Offline ddschneider1972

• Youngling
  • Go Bucks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 9, 2006, 07:48 PM »
So many Q's....

1) Does Hasbro have any thoughts of hasbroshop or starwarsshop smaller cheaper exclusives of things like Accesory packs (misc weapons)  stands, (generic clear from Battlepacks, the plain movie named current versions, or the terrain stands of  OTC/E3?)

2) Any plans for smaller pieced together vehicles (speeders, etc) like how the Marvel figures have pieces packaged with basic figures to create a larger non-standard figure.

3) Any plans for any kind of consistancy? Things like a nice Cody with bad lower legs when perfectly non-posed legs are availabel on many other clones. Some figures that are SA that don't really need to be, and some that should be, that are pre-posed.  Some figures have stiffer plastic  guns/helmets/spears, while the near same sculpt of another pack-in is the cheap rubbery droopy plastic.   
"Modern Collectors are just Walmart Shoppers" -The new SW "Fan Club" President

They are right, everything is big in Texas, even the defeats...The Buckeyes are (still) #1!!!!!!!!

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 9, 2006, 08:16 PM »
Here's my question.

1. Will you ever release accesory packs, like the Target exclusive ones from 2002? Or like the ones from the Episode 1 line?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 9, 2006, 08:37 PM »
Hey everybody! I just wanted to compliment everyone involved for the first round of questions. They were all intelligent and I felt Hasbro gave some direct answers.

Here's a question from me:

I feel Hasbro's done their best job ever this year in getting the army builders out to the army builders. However, I still think case ratios for troopers could be better. Are there any plans for greater trooper distribution?
« Last Edit: June 9, 2006, 08:42 PM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2006, 01:22 AM »
Are there plans for SA releases of these figures: Mace Windu,Jango Fett,Jar Jar Binks & Qui-Gon Jinn?Is there any plans on re-releasing VOTC Boba Fett?
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2006, 11:59 AM »
1. It has appeared that after the Naboo wave of figures in the Saga Collection, the line will be done with. What about the rumored Yavin wave? Are those figures ever going to make it into plastic in the Saga Collection? If not, when will they be made?

2. As most people know, next year is the 30th Anniversary of Star Wars. What kind of figure line are you planning on creating to go along with that?

3. Many fans, including myself, are urging for you to make a super-articulated Mace Windu. If the hype is so high, and seeing how big of a part he has in the Star Wars prequels, why aren't you making this figure? Is there something that's keeping you from doing so?

4. There have been a lot of complaints about how none of the background characters are being made. Why is it that you put so many Darth Vaders, Han Solos, and Lukes on the market when they clearly don't sell? During a movie year, it is reasonable to make so many main characters because that is when the kids buy the toys. But lately, it is mostly collectors, not kids, that are buying the figures.

5. It has been hinted that you, the Hasbro™ company, are making an Expanded Universe line (the "hints" you give us are through the order pages of the Shadow Stormtrooper and the Kir Kanos exclusive 2-pack). Can you give us any more information at all about that line? For example, are all the figures going to be from the Crimson Empire comics?

6. If Quinlan Vos does not win the Fan's Choice poll, will you ever make him? It is obvious (at least to me) that many, many fans want Master Vos in figure-form. Do you have plans to make him?

7. Is an accurate, super-articulated Return of the Jedi Luke in Death Star outfit even on your to-do list? There are quite a few fans that are really, really, really wanting this figure made. I, too, am one of those people. Will it ever be made? Will it be included in next year's line?

Yo is what yo is.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2006, 04:34 PM »
"Why doesn't Hasbro focus on the 3-3/4" line, seeing that is what sells and so much space at retail is dedicated to other Star Wars lines that everyone knew would flop (Choppers, Force Battlers, small Unleashed)?"

"Why did Hasbro go with the 2" Unleashed... if they want to go away from the 7", why not experiment with a 3-3/4" scale Unleashed, using all army builders?  Galactic Marines, Stormtroopers, Battle Droids, etc."

"Why not allow for Gentle Giant or Sideshow to have the rights to playsets?"

"Has Hasbro considered interviewing more collectors (or even hiring some) to help them figure out what the collecting market really wants?"

Thanks!

:)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2006, 04:48 PM »
While Hasbro ever re-release the vintage Mini-Rigs? They would be small and cheap to produce, and satisfy the hunger for new vehicles.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2006, 06:48 PM »
Will you be offering any more "mail away" figures for 2006 or will that be something you will look at in 2007 if the vintage mail-away is successful?
Beth

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2006, 11:50 PM »
Will there be a line of figures for the 3-D re-releases?
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2006, 02:50 PM »
I ran into a Hasbro rep today at Walmart.  The only question she could answer was my initial questions, which was "Do you work for Hasbro?"

Oh well, can't blame her for not knowing what I was talking about.  I asked her what control the stores might have on what they get in, why so little shelf space is dedicated the 3-3/4" figures but the other SW stuff gets more space (and doesn't sell).  She really didn't know what to say, except to keep coming back to look for the figures I want.

:)