Author Topic: Questions for Hasbro?  (Read 253816 times)

Offline hcmv007

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Questions for Hasbro?
« Reply #90 on: August 28, 2006, 08:45 AM »
I loved the Evolutions 3 packs released last year.  Are there any plans to do more?  I think Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia and Han Solo would be ideal!

Offline Hobbie

• Jedi Initiate
  • Astromechs never pegwarm.
    • View Profile
    • Star Wars Astromechs
« Reply #91 on: August 28, 2006, 01:30 PM »
I am happy to see that you are releasing more OT figs to coincide with the 30th anniversary next year.  Are you also going to release any figures that were ONLY in the original versions of the movies because they were subsequently deleted from the SE's, such as Hyenaman or R2-A5?  With the word that this will be the final release of the original OT, it seems like a great time to make some of these characters.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #92 on: September 1, 2006, 11:59 AM »
I was just wondering if Hasbro will ever consider resculpting Uncle Owen and add both of those droids LIN-V8K and the Umbrella Droid?  That would go a long way for helping us complete that little scene now that we have a decent R5-D4.  I think now we do have C-3PO, R2-D2, Jawas, Uncle Owen (not a good sculpt), and that tall droid R1-G4. 

Hasbro has already said that there are no plans for Owen ("We're not planning a new sculpt at this time"), but the droids are possible ("Stay tuned. We really like Droids too, and this iconic scene, but won't do them all at once").

I loved the Evolutions 3 packs released last year. Are there any plans to do more? I think Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia and Han Solo would be ideal!

Hasbro has already said "Evolutions still has a fond spot in our hearts.  If/when we have the ability and retail opportunity to bring that back, we will look at it, but there are no plans right now."
« Last Edit: September 1, 2006, 12:02 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline 212th Battalion

• Jedi Initiate
  • oh crap...
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 1, 2006, 11:16 PM »
Hasbro give us new playsets!!!!! i mean the mustafar playset to me was a waste of money there was nothing special about. But the geonosian arena that was Awsome! why dont you make playsets like that any more i mean with the 30th aniversery coming out dont you think its time to give us all a NEW death star play set! i mean kids will go nuts over these and collectors will love them to! so whats the deal why dont you make a DS playset!? :P
Momar and Fester

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #94 on: September 2, 2006, 01:36 AM »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 2, 2006, 11:45 AM »
I think most collectors would agree that there aren't any film characters too obscure to be produced, but some less popular characters may sell poorly when compared to other figures in the same wave.  For example, Bren Derlin tended to "warm the pegs" (even though I was glad to get him, and bought 3 for various diorama scenes).  Do you consider lowering the number of an obscure figure in a case so that he'll sell more?  Not only will that have people perceive it as a "rare" figure, but it would sell out to the die-hard collectors who want those obscure figures.  A Yarna or Willrow Hood would not likely sell to lots of kids, but if ratios are low enough, they wouldn't remain on store shelves for long.  I'd rather this than never seeing characters made because of general interest in obscure characters being low.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 2, 2006, 11:59 AM »
We've found out alot of main character figures we've been waiting for recently like SA Mace, SA Qui-Gon, G9 re-paint R2-D2,etc.. are there plans for a SA version of Jango Fett? Many fans want a good Jango.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline ROTJLuke

• Youngling
  • Where's the SA Final Duel Jedi Luke?
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 2, 2006, 09:31 PM »
After hearing news on both super articulated versions of Mace Windu and Qui-Gon Jinn, what are the chances of seeing a super articulated version of Luke Skywalker in his Death Star II costume? Hasbro said no comments on this question previous to comic con and the toyfare poll, since Luke was among the top 25, and at comic con hasbro made a comment about Luke's Death Star II belt being more detailed and hasbro wanting to do this figure. How soon will we see this version of this badly wanted character, you'd make many fan's happy. Also, what about SA versions of Obi-Wan, both TPM and AOTC?
All I want from you Hasbro is a SA Final Duel Luke. Is that soo much to ask for?

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 3, 2006, 12:55 AM »
Hasbro already said that they're trieing to see if they can put him in a wave, they also say he's VERY high on the list.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 16, 2006, 03:51 PM »
Will there be any brand new vehicle sculpts or just new re-paint vehicles next year?

Is the rumored Sith Ship & V-Wing real or just a lie?

Offline Padawan Wagaboodles

• Jedi Initiate
  • Choose wisely
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #100 on: September 19, 2006, 11:44 AM »
Were the scene specific bases that came with some of the SAGA figures (Ayala Secura, Tatooine Ambush Tusken Raider, Secret Ceremony Padme, etc) and the Dagobah Wave OTC figures designed with anything specific in mind? Some seem like they're supposed to be a part of something larger and most seem to have specific thoughts in mind as to how they connect to others.

We've seen a lot of re-releases in the past few years. I know some completist collectors are frustrated with that, but I think it's a smart idea from a marketing standpoint. My question is if we will see re-releases of some of the figures that were difficult to get the first time around (Sio Bibble, Admiral Motti, Lars Homestead Padme, Feltipern Trevagg, etc.)?

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 20, 2006, 04:09 PM »
In a previous question and answer you said we'd be getting some pretty cool accessories in 2007 with the basic figures, can you tell us what one of those accessories is that we don't already know about?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 04:11 PM by Rune Haako »

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 20, 2006, 05:06 PM »
Looking back at all the figures we've gotten over the years, it's not hard to notice the drastic differences in 'rarity' from one figure to the next within the same line and even the same wave. Aside from some characters simply being more popular than others, what do you think is the main reason for this? And what, if anything, are you doing to create more of a "balance?"

Can you give us any insight into what's in store for us next year with the more "collector-oriented" BattlePacks?

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 23, 2006, 12:22 PM »
It looks like the up-coming Holo Cody has ankle articulation. Why did this Cody get ankles while the regular one didn't?

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 23, 2006, 07:09 PM »
I don't think Holo Cody does.