Author Topic: Questions for Hasbro?  (Read 253783 times)

Offline spacejunker

• Jedi Initiate
  • Got Hope?
    • View Profile
Re: Questions for Hasbro?
« Reply #165 on: January 15, 2007, 12:59 PM »
My son and I finished putting together the Lego General Grievous starfighter.  He also recently got the titanium version of the GG starfighter.  My 5 year old asked if he could have a large plastic version of the General Grievous starfighter.

Is there a reasonable chance that Hasbro will come out with a 3 3/4" scale version of the General Grievous starfighter in the near future.  I think the vehicle is small enough to hit the magic $20 price range and it was used by Obi-wan in the movie.
No Way No How No McCain

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #166 on: January 16, 2007, 04:42 PM »
Are the Ilum, Felucia & Saleucami BPs exclusives? If so to what stores?

Yes, all 3 are exclusives.

Ilum = Target (DPCI #087-06-0835)
Felucia = Target (DPCI # 087-06-1070)
Saleucami = Wal-Mart
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 16, 2007, 05:30 PM »
 :P Toy Nazis and wally world and Good luck in finding any of them :'(
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline obi-dad

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 18, 2007, 09:28 AM »
Hasbro:

I noticed that the hilt for the up coming Ceremony Luke is the hilt from Darth Vader. Is this just a case of a sample image with the wrong saber hilt? If not, why does Hasbro keep getting this wrong? (i.e. VTSC X-wing Luke also came with the Vader hilt). Also, the hilt in on the attached saber hand for the Ep. III Obi-Wan (which was made early on), but that should not be an excuse this time for another incorrect hilt.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 18, 2007, 07:25 PM »
You've posted that everywhere!
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #170 on: January 25, 2007, 01:15 AM »
Hey guys/gals,

Just a head's up...  I was digging back through the Q&A thingie here...  Well, the Q's specifically.  A lot of stuff is already asked that you guys wanted to know...  Questions on playsets, 7" unleashed and things are dead horses that have been beaten repeatedly in the Q&A between all the sites...  I feel your pain for these things and big vehicles and the like but remember forum member Matt keeps a dandy Q&A archive in the 30th Anniversary Collection forums.  It's categorical AND alphabetical chronological (Sorry Matt), so you can look into stuff pretty easily there.

Also remember, asking "Can I have ship A, Figure B, or what is the likelihood of ______ happening", are really the kinds of questions that often get shot down by Hasbro with a "wait and see" type answer, so while I wanna know everything early too, it's a question slot we'd rather fill with something that tells us about how Hasbro works, why they do what they do, and finding out information that's more plausible.

Just a little reminder...  Do use the Q&A thread here though, we're looking through it and the other Q&A thread to keep our eyes out for questions.  No guarantees on what gets asked, especially with the frequency of the Q&A being slashed to every other week...  But ask and sometimes we can help your wording to get a better question into the Hasbro folks.

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: February 6, 2007, 03:03 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #171 on: January 25, 2007, 03:35 AM »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline ROTJLuke

• Youngling
  • Where's the SA Final Duel Jedi Luke?
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 27, 2007, 03:05 AM »
Now that we've seen photos of the new Jedi Luke figure, what can you tell us about him? Is it an all new sculpt? Is his Death Star 2 costume on underneath the vest, and what accessories will he have? What are the chances of seeing him repacked without the vest?
All I want from you Hasbro is a SA Final Duel Luke. Is that soo much to ask for?

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 27, 2007, 11:37 AM »
I have noticed that the Final 22 figures from the Saga wave never hit Canada, and of course the figures that were shipped to us did not come in great numbers. I am just wondering on the availability of the new 30th anniversary wave. will Canada once again miss the last couple of waves? and the waves that are sold here, will they be short supplied as well? And of course is the Saga Legends line an exclusive to the states or will your good friends up North be able to spot some at our stores as well.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline commander apoc

• Jedi Initiate
  • Fine by me.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 27, 2007, 02:36 PM »
hey hasbro,

with all the upcoming battlepacks with lots of clones ofcourse, is there any chance of creating a treatury on Neimoidia?

There's a scene with some clone pilot's in the arc fighters with blue/white helmets. I don't even no the commander in charge, but it would be nice addition to all the other commanders.

And how about a treatury on Mygeeto?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 01:40 PM by commander apoc »
There can never be enough clones.....

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 29, 2007, 10:08 AM »
Is there a hood on the upcoming vintage-style Han Solo that can up and down to make it better for even more scenes? Also, will there be a brown variation on the coat? Thanks!  :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline spacejunker

• Jedi Initiate
  • Got Hope?
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 29, 2007, 07:58 PM »

Also remember, asking "Can I have ship A, Figure B, or what is the likelihood of ______ happening", are really the kinds of questions that often get shot down by Hasbro with a "wait and see" type answer, so while I wanna know everything early too, it's a question slot we'd rather fill with something that tells us about how Hasbro works, why they do what they do, and finding out information that's more plausible.

I have to completely disagree.  By asking these type of questions, Hasbro did confirm the upcoming Sith Infiltrator last Sept (YF 9/29/06).  I think these questions raise the interest of ship A or Figure B or "what is the likelihood of _____ happening" to Hasbro.  Even if Hasbro replies "wait and see" type answer on one question they may provide a tidbit another question. 

No Way No How No McCain

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 4, 2007, 09:28 AM »
Non-SW, but since you bought Kenner & they had the license of  Indiana Jones does Hasbro have the license to produce toys for the up-coming Indy 4?
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #178 on: February 4, 2007, 03:30 PM »
does Hasbro have the license to produce toys for the up-coming Indy 4?

I think you'll be pleased with question #3 we sent in on past Friday (2/2).  ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #179 on: February 4, 2007, 06:39 PM »

I have to completely disagree.  By asking these type of questions, Hasbro did confirm the upcoming Sith Infiltrator last Sept (YF 9/29/06).  I think these questions raise the interest of ship A or Figure B or "what is the likelihood of _____ happening" to Hasbro.  Even if Hasbro replies "wait and see" type answer on one question they may provide a tidbit another question. 

That's fine to disagree but the proof is in the pudding...  Hasbro's confirmations of any given item from those types of questions are very few and far between and in general they're a slot we'd like filled with something more interesting or that will get a more thought-out answer than "wait and see" from Hasbro.  The Q&A isn't to waste questions by hoping you are raising awareness to the staff at Hasbro...  That's wishful thinking really and I guarantee there's MANY figures people think they're not considering that they most certainly are thinking of over there at Hasbro.

Sometimes questions like that will go through, depending on what is out there credible to back that question up (a strong rumor or whatnot), but in general we look for something that will get us a definitive answer if possible instead of a roll of the dice with the Q&A here at JD.

Some decent Q's since I was in here last too, I'm curious about the Jedi Luke myself, so we'll certainly be looking into EVERYTHING you guys ask of course.  We're keeping a close eye on this thread daily.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77