Author Topic: Questions for Hasbro?  (Read 253776 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Questions for Hasbro?
« Reply #210 on: March 28, 2007, 12:03 AM »
Is Hasbro packaging recyclable?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #211 on: March 28, 2007, 04:12 AM »
The bubbles are recyclable plastic, and the cards are just cardboard more or less so I'd say everything in the package is able to be recycled.  I know I keep the rubber bands.  They're damn near indestructable and don't rot over time as regular rubber bands do.  They're ideal if you need a rubber band then.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 30, 2007, 08:10 PM »
This is a burning question that a lot of people on our forum seem to have, including me. It is difficult to tell from the early pics whether or not the EU Academy Biggs has articulated knees, so I was wondering if you can tell us?

Nobody likes the new stormtrooper's helmet, sorry for my brutal honesty. It is extremely 'fat' for lack of a better word. Is there any chance that this will be corrected in time for its release?

Wave 2 looks great. When can we expect to see it on the shelves?

There is a rumored Galactic Heroes 2-pack that is said to include 'Garindan and Duros' Will there really be more than one Duro? (the two from the cantina being Baniss Keeg and Ellorrs Madak) That set sounds great already but two Duros! That'd make it even better.

When can we expect to see pictures of the confirmed Hermi Odle and C-3PO with Salacious Crumb?

A lot of fans do not think that the new McQuarrie Concept Vader is not entirely accurate and there hasn't been as much excitement about this one as there has been about other concept figures. My suggestion to improve it would be a tattered cape like in the pictures, but that's just me. What ways if any would you use to improve this figure that has the potential to be a very popular collectible?

Okay, that's all. At least one is bound to be asked...I guess...  ;)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 30, 2007, 11:15 PM »
This is a burning question that a lot of people on our forum seem to have, including me. It is difficult to tell from the early pics whether or not the EU Academy Biggs has articulated knees, so I was wondering if you can tell us?

I'm pretty sure he has no leg articulation. After all, it's not like he needs it.

Nobody likes the new stormtrooper's helmet, sorry for my brutal honesty. It is extremely 'fat' for lack of a better word. Is there any chance that this will be corrected in time for its release?

Why would it need to be corrected? It looks fine to me. Maybe it seems a little fat to you, but it needs to be a little larger to fit over the trooper's head.

I'm guessing late April.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #214 on: March 31, 2007, 02:00 AM »
Biggs doesn't have knee joints...  Whether a figure "needs" any articulation or not is a pretty pointless debate considering most of us played with 5 points of articulation on our SW figures back a while ago, but I think articulation's a good thing and it's disappointing Biggs doesn't have it.

The pictures of him out though are conclusive, as was the TOy Fair coverage.  He's kneeless.

The trooper helmet thing might get a question through Greco, I'm not sure.  Other sites are bound to ask it too though so we'll surely be weighing it against what else we have in the Q&A Vault to go with.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 02:02 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #215 on: March 31, 2007, 04:16 PM »
Over the last two weeks I have been seeing the first 30th AC wave all over the place.  While I have seen each figure in the wave least 7 times, I have yet to see the Concept Stormtrooper even once. 

While I understand that this figure will show up in later cases, why, after 12 years of selling to very vocal and opinionated SW collectors, would you short pack a figure? 

It does not create excitenment or buzz.  It creates frustration and bad will towards your comapny. Just to let you know, after I bought the 30th AC figures that I wanted, I have not spent any money on SW or other Hasbro product while searching for the Concept Stormtrooper.  In fact, I have actually spent money on other comapnies' products when coming up empty handed.

What kind of businesss model do you follow that suggests you make it hard for your costomers to obtain your product?
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #216 on: March 31, 2007, 04:17 PM »
If I were a Hasbro shareholder, would you take my questions/comments more seriously?
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 1, 2007, 10:19 PM »

I'm pretty sure he has no leg articulation. After all, it's not like he needs it.

Why would it need to be corrected? It looks fine to me. Maybe it seems a little fat to you, but it needs to be a little larger to fit over the trooper's head.

I'm guessing late April.

Thank you, Hasbro!   :P  ;)

Oh, one more burning question!

I am a huge fan of the upcoming VTAC Endor Leia (so far, that is). Do you think we can see a picture of her sans poncho? A lot of people seem to be on the fence with this one, and this may help them make up their minds.  ;) Thank you, Hasbro, keep up the great work for 2007!
« Last Edit: April 1, 2007, 10:23 PM by Robo-Quack »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #218 on: April 2, 2007, 01:16 AM »
If I were a Hasbro shareholder, would you take my questions/comments more seriously?

[Hasbro] How many shares do you own? [/end Hasbro]

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 6, 2007, 01:42 AM »
One of the 'promo' images of TAC wave 1 Mace Windu had a dead-on likeness of Sam Jackson, what happened to this sculpt?
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 7, 2007, 08:45 PM »
What were some of your biggest surprises for the 3 3/4 inch line? Both Good and Bad. For example; what figure or line did you take a lot of pride in and expect to be a big hit, but wound up being both a critical and commercial failure? On the other had, what was your biggest sleeper?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline 212th Battalion

• Jedi Initiate
  • oh crap...
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 13, 2007, 11:44 PM »
When will the airborne trooper and galactic marine be easy to find? I haven't seen even a sighn of one of the yet and it's already april. I mean i've seen all of the figures from wave two alreay and still no marine or airborne. So whats the deal? ??? :'( :P
Momar and Fester

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 14, 2007, 09:56 AM »
patience. they will come eventually. just go to stores early and you should find some.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 14, 2007, 10:22 AM »
I'd like to know what Hasbro's procedure is for selecting figure assortments.  Since there seem to be pegwarmers in every wave and people complaining about not finding figs from POTF2 to TAC, seems like there is room for improvement. 

Hasbro seems to have close ties to the online community...why not partner with some of these sites to run polls on how many of each upcoming figure people will buy?  Intended purchase research is conducted by every major manufacturer I've ever worked with - I don't get why Hasbro doesn't take advantage of this.  I'm sure the McQ stormtrooper would have outperformed rocket blast R2, which would have put McStormie in more people's hands and my local Target wouldn't have 8 R2's left on the pegs.

The one arguement I always hear back is that these sites only represent collectors and not kids.  I would bet that there are a LOT of kids coming to these sites as well, but even if this group is under represented, what other research does Hasbro have to show that kids prefer multiple Mace Windu's and Han's and Obi-Wans to EU characters, troop-builders, and new characters?  For that matter, what research do they have that shows the % of purchasing by collecors vs. kids?  My nephews love anything fett and anything that resembles a stormtrooper - they could care less about another Han with pilot gear on his head.

This seems pretty simple - I'd love to hear more about HAsbro's assortment selection system and why they haven't jumped at the free, possibly more accurate, research that the net affords them.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Danbtherockstar

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 18, 2007, 11:52 AM »
Since we are seeing the bantha Rereleased as part of a new battle pack I was wondering what the chances we'll see the Rancor make a return. While my reasons for wanting this are a little selfish (after many many years my Rancor was reasently killed in an incident involving my 3 kids and his attempts to fly, RIP Fluffy!!!) I'm sure that there are some other collectors out there who would love a new Rancor with updated paint apps and a couple fig's included for a new battlepack.