Author Topic: Questions for Hasbro?  (Read 255464 times)

Offline ecmcnh

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Questions for Hasbro?
« Reply #255 on: July 22, 2007, 07:53 PM »
I've had this one on my mind for years.  Why do the new vehicles produced have no lights or sounds?  The Hallmark Christmas ornaments have this technology but not any of the new vehicles.  Even newly released versions of old favorites (which had sounds) now don't.  The technology is cheaper and easier to put in then 30 years ago.  Any legitimate reason why the sounds have been eliminated?

Offline CloneAlpha

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 28, 2007, 07:38 PM »
Q1: The Alpha arctrooper that comes in the comic 2-pack is amazing and I hope Hasbro continues to use this mold for future arctrooper releases (well, a softgoods kama would be nice!)  But I noticed many who complain, including myself, that the head always pops off whenever you try to remove his helmet and basically gets stuck inside there.

While Hasbro has done a great job on many removable helmet figures (the Stormtroopers, eps3 clones, DS Gunner) it does seem like the eps2 clone helmet often has problems (e.g. the Evolutions clone pilot head is too big for the helmet, and warps the helmet whenever he wears it). Maybe instead of doing removable helmets here, why not have a swappable head instead?  One head is the helmet, the other head would be the Jango head. 

Q2:  Why is it that some of your figures lately have had ridiculously wide spread legs?  We've seen this with the TAC Rebel Honor Guard, DS Trooper, VTAC Endor Leia, VTAC Snowtrooper, almost all of the Concept McQuarrie figures(!!!!) and now some of the upcoming comic 2pack figures like the Infinities Leia and Vader.  I don't understand what would prompt  Hasbro to design figures whose legs are spread so far apart almost like they were trying to do the splits. Please please just give us neutral leg stances (a wide stance should only be as wide as say the VTSC Biker Scout or RotS #41 Clonetrooper) -- I honestly have avoided buying figures like the DS Trooper (which I otherwise would army build like crazy) because of their unsatisfactory poses. 

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 28, 2007, 08:35 PM »
a question that I and many other Canadian collectors would probably want answered...

Hasbro how many waves is Canadian retail (as in TRU, WM, and Zellers) going to be selling. it is already half way into the year and we have only seen two waves. with all these new figures and vehicles and such being shown at Comic con (which look really great) it seems very unlikely that Canada will see even half of the stuff.
over the years Canada has always been ripped off with the last few waves and exclusives heck even most Battle packs. i don't understand why you guys seem to think the Canadian market is non existant. which is why i ask you, what makes you think that there isn't a fan base in Canada for the figures and what will you guys do to try and help us out. it is very, well annoying to have to keep going over the border to get the figures i need. and I'm sure i am not the only one out there that feels this way.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 1, 2007, 12:39 PM »
The accurate Commander Gree resculpt in next year's Wave 1 is an unexpected and pleasant surprise. Now that Gree has been redone, is there a chance we could see a new Commander Bacara? He is probably the clone most in need of a resculpt at this point, for his quick-draw attack feature limited his poseability and sculpt. I would be all over a resculpt to lead the new Galactic Marines (which are great by the way) into battle! Please consder this.

-RQ
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline brian_peppers

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 3, 2007, 07:07 PM »
Will we ever see more generic alien Jedi like another Nikto Jedi like the one from saga but with Super Articulation and a cloth robe.
I suck.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 5, 2007, 09:27 PM »
alright so maybe my last question was, well Little harsh and more of a rant. But this is an idea i have had for a while:

Have you guys ever thought of releasing a novel and figure two pack. Pretty much the same as the comic pack only of course of novels. The two figures could of course be two main characters and such. This kinda pack could also prove to be more parent friendly because instead of seeing a "picture book" they would be seeing something that their child could read and help their imagination grow. And this can also help kids get into some of the better book series. Of course the only way to not ruin the series would be to only release the first book or a book with out any sequels to it. Just a thought.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 5, 2007, 09:31 PM »
If the Indiana Jones line is a sucess will there eventually be figures from the novels, comics, show, games,etc...?

When should we expect the Indy figures from Raiders, Doom & Crusade to be out?
« Last Edit: August 7, 2007, 07:22 PM by Artoo »
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #262 on: August 20, 2007, 08:05 PM »
I am a huge fan of the coins this year. It brings me back to my childhood with the original power of the force coins. Thank you so very much for finally making an album to display them. My question is, what did you envision for the last page of the album. By my count if you get all the exclusive coins and 7 saga legends coins, there are 6 spaces left. Do you have something else planned or was this just for extra coins? In addition any chance we could get a small album (like the mailway set) for this years UGH coins?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 24, 2007, 06:18 PM »
Will you ever rerelease the Landspeeder? This is an iconic ANH vehicle and deserves another shot at retail. Maybe in a battle pack with a couple other figures?

On a slightly related note, will you ever make a new Dewback? An accurately scaled, newly sculpted Dewback could easily fit into your $20 "Assault Vehicles" lineup.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 5, 2007, 09:43 AM »
Rumor mil has it that the Saga Legends SA 501st has been pushed back to next year. Can this be confirmed?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 5, 2007, 10:55 AM »
Rumor mil has it that the Saga Legends SA 501st has been pushed back to next year. Can this be confirmed?

Wonderful. One of the last remaining figs I want to build up. Well I suppose this can be a mixed blessing. I can now concentrate more on the grey commander without having the SA 501st compete for my dollars. Then when it comes around next year, I should be ready for it. (So long as it doesn't conflict with the release of the corrected Kashyyyk trooper.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 15, 2007, 02:47 PM »
Any plans to produce characters from "Knights of the Old Republic II: Sith Lords?"

Offline JoeDarkfall

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 15, 2007, 03:30 PM »
Dear Hasbro,

I love what you've done with Clone Troopers and Stormtroopers. All the articulation you can ask for (well, except for Commander Baccura/Commander Cody). I have several shelves in my home dedicated to Clones and their Jedi Generals. As well as Stormtroopers snapped at attention for Darth Vader and the Emperor.

So don't you think it's time you start putting a little more attention on our rebel freinds? I'd love to have a squad of Rebel Commandos that could stand at attention for General Madine or crouch behind fallen logs. I'd love to have Hoth Soldiers who could toss a grenade, crawl on their belly in a sniper position, or look through a pair of macrobinoculars.

For years now we've been able to put our Clones/Storms in most any position we'd like.....so please give us the same option for our beloved Rebels.....please

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #268 on: October 3, 2007, 02:49 PM »
1. With a mix bagged response to the 2007 Han Bespin included with the Torture rack, will we get a regular Han Bespin in 2008? He is way overdue for a good SA version such an iconic outfit.

2. With the new CW show coming in the fall and most likely a strong product platform supporting it can we expect first few waves of 08 figures be more OTC based since will will be getting prequel overload at that time? Wave 1 is is ROTS based but will waves 2-5 be more OTC focused.

3. Bespin has such excellent characters like Bespin Guards, Ugnaughts, Lieutenant Sheckil, White IG-88 Willrow hood & that loser Klingon wannabe Utris M'Toc. Will we see any characters from cloud city with new or partial new sculpts this year?
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 3, 2007, 06:45 PM »
The one question I keep wanting asked is:
1) Does Hasbro have any plans to move away from themed waves for future assortments?  I loved in the mid-to-late 90's when a given wave would cover all 3 OT films and various scenes from within those.  It would be nice to get a wave with, say, Admiral Ackbar, Hoth Rebel Trooper, Bespin Guard, and a rebel pilot or cantina denizen all in the same wave.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke