Author Topic: JD Fantasy Football 2006  (Read 71041 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: JD Fantasy Football 2006
« Reply #435 on: November 19, 2006, 04:41 PM »
I saw the replay on McNabb and that was weird.  Didn't look too bad, so I was kind of surprised he didn't stay in ???

I think during that somersault type deal the right knee came down first.  It didn't look too nasty, but he couldn't put weight on it.  I think we can probably rule out the broken bone and torn knee ligament.  It's probably gonna come back as a bone bruise.

If I just drop this game to Kevin after losing the NFL's leading passer and receiver for one game only, I'll consider myself extremely fortunate.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 19, 2006, 04:46 PM »
Sigh.

Torn ACL on McNabb.  Done for the year.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 19, 2006, 04:48 PM »
Ouch. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 19, 2006, 04:56 PM »
Wanna trade for Hasselbeck?

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 19, 2006, 05:00 PM »
Wanna trade for Hasselbeck?

I'll probably go with Trent Green.  But I'll entertain any proposal you send me.

I kinda got wounded twice over because Stallworth won't be effective either most likely.

Bummed.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 19, 2006, 05:16 PM »
Guess we'll see how deep your team is now.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 05:16 PM by JayDouble »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #441 on: November 19, 2006, 06:38 PM »
#1 Why would you trade anything to the guy in first place?
#2 I thought you had sooo much depth that injuries didn't concern you...

All I have to say is...

Ha Ha

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 19, 2006, 07:19 PM »
I don't know the score, but Jamie must be thumping me something fierce. 

Looks like I lost Jones too :-\

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: November 19, 2006, 08:08 PM »
I'll think about it - if I win this week and think that I can get something for Hasselbeck that might help my team run off a win streak.  I doubt it will happen though, because I'm still thinking Hasselbeck is worth more to me than whatever I could get for him since Grossman has been hit or miss lately.

And now that I have a 26 or so point lead going into tomorrow... who wants to make guesses as to how my team will manage to lose?

4 TD's for Burress?

4 50 yarders for Scobee?

Or a combination of the two?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 08:10 PM by Rob »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 19, 2006, 10:05 PM »

Ha Ha

Before I say what I'm about to say, I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt to clarify this comment...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #445 on: November 19, 2006, 10:47 PM »

Ha Ha

Before I say what I'm about to say, I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt to clarify this comment...
Go ahead and say my team sucks, yours would too if you had the #1 player in Fantasy Football out for most of the year with a bum foot...anyone who says his team is stacked and isn't worried about injuries and then gets all melodramatic over an injury deserves to be ribbed just a wee bit

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 19, 2006, 11:01 PM »
anyone who says his team is stacked and isn't worried about injuries and then gets all melodramatic over an injury deserves to be ribbed just a wee bit

And where did I say I wasn't worried about injuries?  Especially to the #1 and #2 fantasy players Tomlinson and McNabb?

And my team is stacked.  I still am forecasted to score 73 points next week without McNabb, which still leads the league.  I think Trent Green will be a decent fill in.

And I don't need to say anything about your team "sucking" as you say.  Your zero championships in fantasy sports here says enough about that.

And congratulations on bobsledding down the evolutionary scale to meet Slothus at the bottom, and finding a way to celebrate the injury to another player.

I guess I can't fault you in all this though, since my bench beat your team 100-30.

So go "Ha Ha" that, while I keep winning.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #447 on: November 19, 2006, 11:09 PM »
anyone who says his team is stacked and isn't worried about injuries and then gets all melodramatic over an injury deserves to be ribbed just a wee bit

And where did I say I wasn't worried about injuries?  Especially to the #1 and #2 fantasy players Tomlinson and McNabb?

And my team is stacked.  I still am forecasted to score 73 points next week without McNabb, which still leads the league.  I think Trent Green will be a decent fill in.

And I don't need to say anything about your team "sucking" as you say.  Your zero championships in fantasy sports here says enough about that.

And congratulations on bobsledding down the evolutionary scale to meet Slothus at the bottom, and finding a way to celebrate the injury to another player.

I guess I can't fault you in all this though, since my bench beat your team 100-30.

So go "Ha Ha" that, while I keep winning.

I'm sure the other 3-4 guys that were in the Hoops draft can recall your arrogance in saying injuries didn't worry you at all

As far as McNabb/cheering injuries, I have him in my money league, I'm not at all happy about him getting hurt especially since I am in first place there...

Also, outside of the two baseball years where Kevin gave you all of his good guys for nothing, I don't see you with many trophies around here, bub

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 19, 2006, 11:25 PM »
Now there's a "ha ha," for real.  Scott asterisking my two championships in which I won by 300 point margins over a trade or two that was not vetoed.  Reaching much?  Besides, I thought my wins were based on my pitching staff technique, the dreaded "SP/RP" usage that I invented?

Anyhow.

Tomlinson scores 4 more times tonight making him the quickest player in the history of the NFL to 100 TDs.  He's also likely to break Alexander's single season record.

About Tomlinson possibly sitting late in the season, Denver is 3-1 in the division and they still play the Chargers one more time.  So we'll see what the outcome of that game is.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 11:26 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 20, 2006, 12:44 AM »

I dunno, I look at that and think they're in pretty good shape.  Giants, Steelers and Cowboys strike me as middle of the road.  I'm still skeptical about Vick's newfound abilities and the Bengals have been finding ways to get beaten.  Panthers?  Them too. 

As for LT, we'll see what happens.  If they happen to win against Seattle and once against Denver my guess is he sits.  I think those are reasonable odds for them to win those games.  I think they'll lose in Denver though. 

Hmmm.

Dang, they beat Denver once already, go figure ;D  Seattle didn't look so hot; Vick's looking like, well, Vick.  Cinci, Dallas and Carolina looked alright though.  Still, I said the they need to win in Seattle and once against Denver.  Looks like I got it wrong against Denver at home though. 

Don't count out injuries

Depth shall be tested. 

Oh and don't worry, I know my team sucked some serious ass today.