Author Topic: JD Fantasy Football 2006  (Read 71309 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: JD Fantasy Football 2006
« Reply #285 on: October 3, 2006, 10:38 AM »

Likewise I'm in 10th place because it's a head-to-head league but my team is fifth in points scored.

That makes for an interesting observation:

TEAM                      POINTS SCORED                  W-L STANDINGS

Dressel                            297                                         4th
JJKS                                  260                                        5th
Bug                                   233                                         1st
JayDouble                         209                                         2nd
Zod                                  205                                       10th
Brian                                 195                                          6th
Ryan                                 194                                          7th
The Spud                          189                                        11th
Maris                                 188.5                                     12th
Scott                                 183                                          8th
Kevin                                 179                                          9th
Matt Carroll                      174                                        3rd

In bold are the numbers that should jump off the page at you.  The most noteable mismatch in Points Scored and Position in the Standings W-L is Matt Carroll, who has scored the least points, but is ranked 3rd overall.
« Last Edit: October 3, 2006, 10:43 AM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 3, 2006, 06:39 PM »
Nice chart - we should cross reference it with what it looks like at the end of the season to see if it all shakes out in the end.

Part of me likes it this way though - gives you a chance to win even if you don't have the one juggernaught.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 8, 2006, 12:54 PM »
Holy crap, I signed in just now a few minutes before gametime and while I expected Donte' Stallworth would sit, all week long Adam Vinatieri and Ahman Green  have been expected to play.  Signed in to find out I was about to start 2 empty roster slots.  Yeah I inserted Rian Lindell and Amani Toomer in their places, weaker plays on average, but at least I have a fighting chance now instead of a definite loss.  Did not expect either of those two last minute setbacks.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 8, 2006, 07:46 PM »
WEEK 5 (Chargers vs. Steelers/Ravens vs. Broncos left to play)

The Golden Girls 43.77 (Hines Ward, Nate Kaeding)
DR's 800 lb Gorilla 34.72 (LaDainian Tomlinson, Ravens D)

SGC Airmen 41.96 (Antonio Gates, Broncos D)
The Zods 42.79 (Jamal Lewis, Todd Heap)

Canuckleheads 54.97
Fightin' Armadillos 24.28 (Tatum Bell, Willie Parker)

The Famine 47.29
Minnesota Muskies 76.07 
FINAL

Nerfherders 32.24 (Javon Walker, Jason Elam)
The Mathematicians 27.92 (Steve McNair, Derrick Mason, Rod Smith)

Team No Worries 56.45 (Heath Miller, Mike Bell)
Bushleaguers 25.89 (Matt Stover, Steelers D)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 8, 2006, 07:52 PM »
I love it, I've been going back and forth between Lee Evans and Kevan Barlow all season.

Last week I sit Barlow and he has 2 TD's - which would have been enough to win.

This week I sit Evans and he has 94 yards and a TD and Barlow is worthless.  Playing Evans would have turned a .8 lead into almost an 11 point lead.

I can't figure my crap-ass team out. 

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 8, 2006, 07:57 PM »
I love it, I've been going back and forth between Lee Evans and Kevan Barlow all season.

Last week I sit Barlow and he has 2 TD's - which would have been enough to win.

This week I sit Evans and he has 94 yards and a TD and Barlow is worthless.  Playing Evans would have turned a .8 lead into almost an 11 point lead.

What a pair of defenses to have to make that decision though.  Evans vs. the Bears, he was pretty much shut down the whole game, but did score that TD in garbage time in the closing minutes with the Bears up 40-0.

Meanwhile Barlow vs. the Jaguars, another stingy defense.

How I would have played that one basically would have  been the same as your strategy.  I'd have figured, pre-game of course, that Barlow would get more touches than Evans and the Jaguars D is probably a little less intense than the Bears.

Can't feel bad about that one, you're probably gonna win anyhow.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #291 on: October 8, 2006, 08:36 PM »
I sure hope Shaun comes back next week otherwise I'm sunk at RB

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 9, 2006, 12:52 AM »

Amen to that.  Of course that might be because all I have is crap ass running backs.  I'd be fired up to start Jones-Drew next week if not for the bye.  If I win, it's because of my kicker and defense :o ::)  Just surreal though. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 9, 2006, 01:00 AM »
How I would have played that one basically would have  been the same as your strategy.  I'd have figured, pre-game of course, that Barlow would get more touches than Evans and the Jaguars D is probably a little less intense than the Bears.

Can't feel bad about that one, you're probably gonna win anyhow.

That was my thinking as well.  But now Leon Washington got most of the Jet's carries today - and Barlow wasn't hurt.  So I had to pick up Washington and I'll have to sit them both until it shakes out.

Meanwhile, I need Heap and Lewis to score about 9 plus whatever Denver's defense scores - I was feeling pretty good about my chances until Gates caught that TD pass against the Steelers tonight.

I also have to keep my fingers crossed that Larry Johnson is okay for next week - that facemask was flat out nasty.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 9, 2006, 08:17 AM »

That was my thinking as well.  But now Leon Washington got most of the Jet's carries today - and Barlow wasn't hurt.  So I had to pick up Washington and I'll have to sit them both until it shakes out.

The Jets are rebuilding basically and they might do anything.  Could be Barlow, could be Washington, could be Cedric Houston, it's really impossible to tell until the ball is snapped.

Anyhow, I got rocked.  I don't get it.  I lost 2 games by less than 1 point combined, and then got rocked by the last place team.  My team could easily come out and score close to 100 points next week, but for now it's pretty much a total disappointment.

Takin' myself a little sports break this week, I'll look at **** on Saturday.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 9, 2006, 07:30 PM »
Larry Johnson has a messed up neck and now it looks like I just lost Fitzgerald for 2 to 5 weeks.

And with Harrison on a bye next week, I could be without my first, second, and third round pick.

>:(
« Last Edit: October 9, 2006, 07:40 PM by Rob »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #296 on: October 9, 2006, 07:43 PM »
Might be a more even match up next week then as 6 of my guys are on bye weeks and Alexander is hurt

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 9, 2006, 07:55 PM »
Check that, LJ is alright:

"Edwards said running back Larry Johnson was OK despite a frightening few moments when he lay motionless on the turf Sunday.

Johnson was grabbed by the facemask at the end of a 78-yard catch-and-run that set up Lawrence Tynes' winning 19-yard field goal with 1:36 to play.

"Larry was in today. He's going to be fine, but his neck is obviously sore," Edwards said."

--ESPN

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 9, 2006, 09:04 PM »
Might be a more even match up next week then as 6 of my guys are on bye weeks and Alexander is hurt

Ooh, crappy drafting. :P
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 9, 2006, 10:45 PM »
Well doesn't look like Heap or Lewis are going to find the endzone tonight, meanwhile the Broncos DEF is steadily racking up a point here and a point there to put it out of reach.

Just isn't my year I guess.