Author Topic: JD Fantasy Football 2006  (Read 71037 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: JD Fantasy Football 2006
« Reply #300 on: October 10, 2006, 01:03 AM »
Yeah, that's right.  I'm winning on the play of my defense and my kicker.  You gotta problem with that? >:(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 10, 2006, 12:00 PM »
The one game I won (you'll recall...) was the one week I got 20 points from Hasselbeck and 20 points from my kicker - haven't had a decent game since.

I really really thought I'd be sitting at 3-2 by this point... the whole Hasselbeck only needing one TD pass last week and not getting it combined with starting Evans over Barlow did me in, and this week just leaving my roster the same as it was the week before would have been enough to come out with a 2 point lead this week.  It's all monday morning quarterbacking... I just can't guess right from week to week when it comes to Lee Evans or Kevan Barlow.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 10, 2006, 10:16 PM »

Likewise I'm in 10th place because it's a head-to-head league but my team is fifth in points scored.

That makes for an interesting observation:

TEAM                      POINTS SCORED                  W-L STANDINGS

Dressel                            297                                         4th
JJKS                                  260                                        5th
Bug                                   233                                         1st
JayDouble                         209                                         2nd
Zod                                  205                                       10th
Brian                                 195                                          6th
Ryan                                 194                                          7th
The Spud                          189                                        11th
Maris                                 188.5                                     12th
Scott                                 183                                          8th
Kevin                                 179                                          9th
Matt Carroll                      174                                        3rd

In bold are the numbers that should jump off the page at you.  The most noteable mismatch in Points Scored and Position in the Standings W-L is Matt Carroll, who has scored the least points, but is ranked 3rd overall.

Time to look at that chart again...  I'm now fifth in scoring - but I'm dead last in the standings.

How f'd up is that...  8)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 10:16 PM by Rob »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 10, 2006, 10:22 PM »
It's really messed up.  I still can't believe I'm actually third in scoring overall, that itself is pretty damn funny too.  My WR are ok, but not great.  My RB are by and large horrible thus far and my TE sucks even worse.  My QB is ok, sort of, for a backup maybe.  The other two QBs on my bench have outscored the guy I keep starting. 

And damned if my kicker and defense aren't the best positions on my team.  How's that for embarassing?

The funniest part of it all is my only loss (thus far) was to the guy in last place....you.  I think that was the week I scored the most points too. :o

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 10, 2006, 10:40 PM »
Yeah - all this wackiness is why I'm not throwing in the towel just yet.  I'm down, but not out... okay, I'm almost out - but I've got to think that things are going to shake out into a reasonable resemblance of what one would expect when looking at the numbers.  I'll be thrilled if I can just somehow squeak into the playoffs.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 10, 2006, 10:55 PM »

Time to look at that chart again...  I'm now fifth in scoring - but I'm dead last in the standings.

How f'd up is that...  8)

That's 7 places in the standings of differential.  I've got the same thing going on, first in points scored, but 7th in the standings.

You have to think that in the long run, it'll even out more.

I'm with you, I don't care if I finish 1st or 8th, as long as it's somewhere in there.  All you need to do is get to the playoffs, then anything can happen.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 10, 2006, 11:09 PM »
All you need to do is get to the playoffs, then anything can happen.

True dat.  I had LT, both Cincinatti Johnson's and a couple of other good players last year in the other league I was in.  Finished second overall in the league and only because I lost to the first place team because we played during San Diego's bye week.  Guess what?  I lost first round because most of my starters were sitting because their teams had clinched.  I finished 7th. 

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 11, 2006, 03:25 PM »
Holy crap - Scott you weren't kidding.

Your whole freaking team is on their bye week.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #308 on: October 11, 2006, 03:45 PM »
Might be a more even match up next week then as 6 of my guys are on bye weeks and Alexander is hurt

Ooh, crappy drafting. :P
Naw, sure it sucks this week but for the other weeks I'll be fielding the best team I can week after week.  It'll even out, I just hopes its competitive

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 11, 2006, 04:12 PM »
Scott doesn't really have much depth on his team, his projected score is in the 30's.

I'd say you've pretty much got this one nailed Rob.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #310 on: October 15, 2006, 04:09 PM »
DR's 400 lb Gorilla 88.77 
SGC Airmen 41.27

Ouch. :-X
"This is the way."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 15, 2006, 04:15 PM »
DR's 400 lb Gorilla 88.77 
SGC Airmen 41.27

Ouch. :-X

And I haven't let LaDainian out of his cage yet.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #312 on: October 15, 2006, 04:23 PM »
Well I hope he has at least 20. I've given up on this game and I've got him in my other league.
"This is the way."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 15, 2006, 04:27 PM »
Well I hope he has at least 20. I've given up on this game and I've got him in my other league.

You're actually not having a bad game.  Just as you wrote that Gates scored a 57 yard TD and pushed you up over 50 points with 3 players left to play.

My team just went ape****, that's all.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 15, 2006, 04:35 PM »
Looks like the gorilla put some weight back on this week.

Meanwhile Rex Grossman had better have at least as good a day as Hasselbeck just did - if I lose by the margin of that decision I'm going to throw in the towel.