Author Topic: JD Fantasy Football 2006  (Read 71338 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: JD Fantasy Football 2006
« Reply #345 on: October 16, 2006, 11:09 PM »
The ****** thing is that Alexander is out another couple of weeks.  I was really close to taking LT...really close. 

So was I.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #346 on: October 16, 2006, 11:12 PM »
And there's 2 more points and another Grossman pick
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 11:37 PM by OCB »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #347 on: October 16, 2006, 11:47 PM »
Looks like the Canuckleheads/Spuds just got a little more interesting

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #348 on: October 16, 2006, 11:58 PM »
21 points by a defense...

Damn. It sure has been a fluky night tonight.
"This is the way."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 17, 2006, 12:08 AM »
Let me get this straight.

I turn off the TV when it is 20-3 Cardinals with a quarter and a half left.

Then I check Grossman's stats - 150 yards, 4 INT's, 2 Lost Fumbles - negative 6 or so points.

Then I notice next to his name that the Bears WON the game!?

WTF?

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #350 on: October 17, 2006, 12:37 AM »
The defense and special teams flat out STOLE that game in the last five minutes there.
"This is the way."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 17, 2006, 06:10 PM »
Just a follow up to our previous investigation about the discrepancy between a team's W-L record and how many total points they've scored, here's a new look after 6 games.

Teams are listed with total points scored in descending order.

Stats:

TEAM          POINTS SCORED      AVG POINTS/GAME     W-L STANDINGS      RECORD   

Dressel                   456                                76                         5th                     3-3
Brent                      338                                56                         1st                     4-2
Jamie                      334                                55                        10th                    2-4
JayDouble               327                                55                         2nd                    4-2
Ryan                       313                                52                         6th                     3-3
Spud                       307                                51                         7th                     3-3
Scott                       306                                51                         3rd                     4-2
Maris                       306                                51                        11th                    2-4
Brian                       293                                49                         4th                     4-2
Kev                         289                                48                         8th                     3-3
Rob                         281                                47                        12th                    1-5
Matt C.                    264                               44                          9th                     3-3

Discussion:

- The biggest differential between points scored and position in the standings is Jamie who has scored the 3rd most points but is 10th in the standings, making him the biggest victim of chance in the league.

- The 2nd biggest differential between points scored and position in the standings is Brian who is ranked 4th in the standings while scoring more points than just 3 teams, making Brian the biggest beneficiary of chance in the league.

- On an average week Dressel would defeat the second highest scoring team Brent by a 76-56 margin, which is by a landslide the biggest difference in average weekly score by any two teams occupying consecutive spots in the scoring standings; making Dressel the last team anyone should wish to face on any given week.

:)
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 17, 2006, 06:44 PM »
Well, I figured those stats would shake out for me in the end back when I was fifth in scoring but last in wins...

The stats shook out alright, just not in the way I wanted them too.

Now my scoring matches my ****** win total.

>:(

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 17, 2006, 07:19 PM »
That's true and I'm not looking forward to facing you again during playoffs.  However having owned LT last year and watched him sit largely for the three games of the playoffs (fantasy), it may not be as clear cut then as it is now.  I'm amazed I'm in first and part of my points differential is due to two pretty low scoring weeks to start the league, but I've picked up since then. 

Making the playoffs depends on your win loss effort.  After you get there, nothing is guaranteed.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 17, 2006, 07:41 PM »
That's true and I'm not looking forward to facing you again during playoffs.  However having owned LT last year and watched him sit largely for the three games of the playoffs (fantasy), it may not be as clear cut then as it is now.  I'm amazed I'm in first and part of my points differential is due to two pretty low scoring weeks to start the league, but I've picked up since then. 

Making the playoffs depends on your win loss effort.  After you get there, nothing is guaranteed.

Good points. But Tomlinson was my first pick last year as well.   Except last year I got him second overall, and this year I absolutely stole him 4th overall.  But I did start Tomlinson in my round 1 playoff game.

Maybe you had him in another league or something. 
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 07:44 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 17, 2006, 08:52 PM »
The only passing TD the Bears have given up this season was a garbage time TD to Lee Evans last week - I'd say the odds of Boldin coming down with 2 TD's are very slim.

Agreed, but at the same time Fitzgerald is likely on the shelf and Boldin will likely be targeted 8-12 times.  Just playing devil's advocate  :D

Whew, check that.  Boldin wound up being targeted 19 TIMES which I think is a record this season for a wide receiver.

I was on the right track but still underestimated his importance in last night's offense.  Crap, I hope Fitzgerald is back next week when Scott rolls out Boldin against me.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 17, 2006, 09:18 PM »
Word on the street is that he could be.

I'm not holding my breath - but it's good that he'll probably be back this week or next instead of the 5 weeks that they thought it might have been.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 17, 2006, 09:21 PM »
Well, I hope he's back too.  These situations where I'm rooting for you are becoming disturbing, even though it's usually motivated by my own filthy purposes.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 09:21 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 17, 2006, 11:18 PM »
I'd expect nothing less.  :-*

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 17, 2006, 11:37 PM »
Yes, I had LT in the league I was in over on the spawn boards.  I finished second overall in the league, losing only twice and lost in the first round of the playoffs.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.