Author Topic: JD Fantasy Football 2006  (Read 71030 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: JD Fantasy Basketball 06-07
« Reply #495 on: December 29, 2006, 05:55 PM »
Yeah...brilliant...I knew Alexander was going to be out for the 3/4 of the year...you are a moron

Is that a fact?  Follow this now, even you can do it.  This is your statement:

I'd be below Rob if I took Tiki ******* Barber ahead of the big 3

Now, you're wrong, because you'd actually have gained 25 points by going with Barber.

I'm the moron?  Mmmmmkay, sure thing.

:)
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #496 on: December 29, 2006, 06:03 PM »
I meant when comparing to a healthy 16 game Shaun Alexander.  25 points over 14 games means absolutely nothing.  Yes he made the playoffs, great job there.  If Shaun Alexander was healthy all year, he wouldn't be in playoffs and that's pretty much a fact.  It is still the worst pick in the First Round and was pretty much gave you LT on a silver platter.  I realize your team was solid, some vets and question marks panned out big time but LT will probably win you a championship and Tiki Barber would have gotten you probably 3rd or 4th place

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: December 29, 2006, 06:35 PM »
It is still the worst pick in the First Round and was pretty much gave you LT on a silver platter. 

Well, all 3 of you, Rob, and Kevin game me LT on a silver platter.  Let's not forget your role in that one.

Also, Tiki was not even close to being the "worst pick in the first round" as you stated.  Only 6 of the 12 picks outperformed Tiki.  That's a fact.

Time to give it up.  Just a helpful hint!

:)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 06:36 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: December 29, 2006, 06:39 PM »
Yeah...brilliant...I knew Alexander was going to be out for the 3/4 of the year

6 games out /17 total games = 35%, not 75%.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: JD Fantasy Football 2006
« Reply #499 on: December 29, 2006, 07:02 PM »
He missed 6 out of 14, including a bye and the game he was hurt and the return where he basically did nothing.  That's 9 out of 14 weeks where he was not 100%, so sorry 65% not 75%...in what universe was SA, LJ and LT not the consensus top 3, with Portis and Manning at the time around 4 and 5 and Barber somewhere in the 6-8 range with Rudi and Edge (who was a huge bust too)?  I don't fault either Rob or myself for passing on LT, I do fault Kevin

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: December 29, 2006, 07:30 PM »
I think I only need to add this: if you look at my posts right after the draft, I came out adamantly about the fact that LaDainian Tomlinson was the best pick and that I'd have taken him #1 if I had the first pick in the draft.  You, Rob, all the Yahoo "experts" Brandon Funston, Chris Harris, Brad Evans, all put Alexander and LJ before Tomlinson.

Kevin taking one of the 2 key members of his championship team that beat you just a few months earlier was not that horrendous of a move, at the time.  It's easy to look back and say that.  But Tiki racked up 1,900 yards this season.  Jacobs vultured the TD's, but if he didn't maybe Tiki would have gotten him closer to a 2nd championship.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 08:49 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: December 29, 2006, 08:40 PM »
Adamantly.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: December 29, 2006, 08:50 PM »
Adamantly.

That one really got away from me.

Good lookin' out.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #503 on: December 29, 2006, 09:17 PM »
Alexander had the same damn season LT had this year 2 years ago, why would he not be the #1 pick in every single draft in the country?  Come on Matt, you aren't fooling me, you can say you got who you wanted and if I were sitting at #4 and LT fell to me there because some numbskull picked his favorite player from the local team I'd be saying I got exactly who I wanted too but Shaun was clearly the #1 pick, #2 or #3 though I could agree was debateable

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: December 29, 2006, 09:46 PM »
because some numbskull picked his favorite player from the local team

Ha ha!!  Okay then, fair enough, the "numbskull" who has now beaten you 2 consecutive years and won a championship.  What's that make you?

Moving right along here, in my research I just found out that I actually defeated Brian in the 3rd place game in 2004 and now we're having our playoff rematch for the championship.  I had not previously remembered who I beat in that game until just now when I was looking up Famine's "numbskull" history of schooling Scott (even more of a "numbskull").

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #505 on: December 29, 2006, 09:51 PM »
And again, healthy Alexander = no playoffs for said numbskull.  You cry and whine all the time about your baseball team this year...the same can be said about not having the 2nd best player in Fantasy Football for over half the year, I don't think I'd be in the top 3 but I know I would be better than where I was

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: December 29, 2006, 09:59 PM »
And again, healthy Alexander = no playoffs for said numbskull.  You cry and whine all the time about your baseball team this year...the same can be said about not having the 2nd best player in Fantasy Football for over half the year, I don't think I'd be in the top 3 but I know I would be better than where I was

Hey, I got beat in baseball.  First time.  I'll probably win next year.  At any rate, this was about you coming out and attacking Kevin's strategy; all the while he beat you for the trophy last year, and then went ahead and followed it up by beating you again this year.  That's the whole thing, you're all over him about his choices, yet he has owned you.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #507 on: December 30, 2006, 12:21 AM »
CHeck it...Kevin drafts LT like he should have...he'd be 10-4 and the #1 seed, Dressel would still be 9-5 based on some solid drafting everywhere else.  I just think it was the worst pick of the 1st round and he paid the price.  Jacobs vultured TD's last year and while yardage counts some here, TD's are what really matters and that is why Tiki was rated mid to late 1st round and not top 5, let alone top 3.

I blame my performance on injuries and ****** performance from my receivers and TE, they absolutely blew.  Randy Moss is by far the bust of the year and Anquan Boldin outside 2-3 games did not do ****.  Having Warner get benched did not help at all there.  Addai and Taylor were decent, Brady was solid.  Witten did ****, my D sucked ass and Longwell was hit and miss. 
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 12:22 AM by OCB »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: December 30, 2006, 04:53 AM »
Whoa.  Tomlinson only made a 1 game difference in my W-L column.  Even I thought he was more critical than that.  I guess the rest of my team must be pretty nifty.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: December 30, 2006, 02:01 PM »
Do the math without Colston who is listed, but shouldn't be, a TE. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.