Author Topic: Battle of Endor Wave  (Read 84088 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: Battle of Endor Wave
« Reply #105 on: April 5, 2006, 08:20 PM »
I don't know.  The Emperor tended to sit in all his incarnations from ROTS.  I don't think the kids go for him.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Endor Luke
« Reply #106 on: April 5, 2006, 08:26 PM »
I'm not 100% sure, but sadly, I think that both Endor Luke and Endor Vader have been cancelled. Guessing from what I've seen in those collection room photos, he was going to be a repack of Jabba's Palace Luke; not owning one I would've bought him, too.

However, this move may precipate the release of another Luke- you never know. And I have the feeling Vader was maybe going to be 500th Vader again, as the Tatooine Vader already looks to be...

Personally, I hope they make a new one in the VTSC line, but there's nothing to indicate such a thing yet. I'm hoping though, and I think there's a fair amount of demand for a new Death Star/Final Duel Luke. No one likes old "Hulk Smash!" Saga Final Duel Luke.

Can you post a link to the picture? I can't seem to find it. Thanks!

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
  • Casual/Poor Collector and Customizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 5, 2006, 09:26 PM »
http://afigures.com/g/?mode=album&album=2006_Toy_Fair%2FHasbro%2FStar_Wars%2FSaga_06&start=15

Bottom-right. Or you could go directly to it here:
http://64.34.172.56/g/albums/2006_Toy_Fair/Hasbro/Star_Wars/Saga_06/101_6333.jpg

The funny thing is I'd have bought him if he was exactly like that :) Of course, I dont have a Jabba's Palace Luke yet...

Even if they rerelease this figure at some point, I really think they need to reuse the sculpt from Obi Wan's ROTS saber. All Jabba's Palace Luke's saber had was a repaint with a different color blade of the lightsaber that came with some Obi Wan- I think it was the set with the Obi Wan/Vader Death Star duel- and while copying Obi Wan's saber isn't really a bad idea (Luke's ROTJ Saber is nearly identical to Obi Wan's ANH/ROTS saber in construction- I think they might've modified the prop that had been Obi Wan's saber to make it actually, but I could be wrong), they've made a far, far better sculpt and should be using it. It's not like it'd be cheaper to rerelease the older one or anything.

And while they're at it, use entirelyli] the same mold, that way you get the part of the blade at the base that sort of- I don't know the word, but where it's sort of bigger and "fades" into the rest of the blade.

If they were really cool they could punch a hole in Luke's belt- although he doesn't actually have a belt- and give him the saber hilt, too. And maybe do something about the right hand... but now we're getting into changing the sculpt.

Then again, they're doing it for Cantina Han :P

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 5, 2006, 09:36 PM »
I understand the kids might like him, but the carded collectors will only be buying one per as they'll already have a loose version from Saga or some lame pack in that will suffice.  So whereas two might seem sensible, the demand will be lower than usual.  There's no obvious retooling going on, so it's something many bought fairly recently.  Only the cardback makes it viable.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #109 on: April 5, 2006, 10:07 PM »
That Luke is from the Carkoon gift pack and was not the Endor Luke, Endor Luke was supposed to be slightly retooled and include some sort of Poncho

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 5, 2006, 10:14 PM »
Awesome wave except for Palpy. I want several DS troopers, and I'll get one of everyone else. I'm hoping they ship more HTF figures with this wave, like Cody and Scorch.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
  • Casual/Poor Collector and Customizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 5, 2006, 10:21 PM »
Oh... I didn't realize that. I never see gift packs or battle packs in my store so I'm not up on these things :(

Sounds like we were in for a somewhat cooler Luke but Hasbro decided against it, then :(

What else is in the Carkoon pack? I might seek one...

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #112 on: April 5, 2006, 11:09 PM »
I'm sold on Chirpa and Jerjerrod.

I'll probably get C-3PO. As I recall, the last golden 3PO I have is the original POTF2 version, and I painted him silver ages and ages ago. :P And this has the knees and chair to boot.

The DS gunner is nice but I don't need him.

And I don't need another Emperor, especially not this version.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Bespin_refugee

• Youngling
  • "Intensify forward firepower! TOO LATE!! AAAAAHHH
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 6, 2006, 12:36 AM »

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 6, 2006, 09:21 AM »
The only real problems with the Jabba Luke was that the lower part of the tunic restricted movement and his hands didn't hold weapons properly.  They redo those parts and that figure is perfect.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 6, 2006, 09:23 AM »
Good to see a 3PO with more articulation.  Chirpa, the Gunner and Jerjerrod are all figures I will buy.  The Emperor is a POS. 

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 6, 2006, 09:24 AM »
Just a side observation, but with the exception of the Sarlac wave, all the waves through this one have had at least one armybuilder. I think Hasbro's making an attempt to please everyone.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #117 on: April 6, 2006, 01:29 PM »
Hmmm.  Australian e-tailer CaseFresh.com is saying that there is another figure in the Endor wave - R2-D2?   ???

They have him listed as Saga-043 and part of the Endor wave.   

Is it a mix-up?
Is it another vOTC R2-D2 repack with the cutting wheel added back?
It is like the Utapau Trooper - a figure from another wave who is shipping early?

I guess we have to wait for carded pictures to get confirmation...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 6, 2006, 01:49 PM »
My guess would be the Hoth version...but I've been wrong before (I thought GL was going to ship in a mailer box)...

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 6, 2006, 10:43 PM »
Rebelscum is saying there may be an Endor R2-D2 as well.  I kind of hope it's him tied up by the Ewoks.  That would be different.  Or where he's shot by the bunker with all his "tools" hanging out.  Or more than likely another repaint.