Author Topic: Battle of Endor Wave  (Read 84414 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Endor Wave
« Reply #405 on: July 24, 2006, 04:03 PM »
 :D

I don't mind the Jango faces behind the OT helmets.  Granted, I'm not an EU expert like a lot of you but in my world of SW, it makes sense.

I guess if you don't like it but still want the figure you could super glue the helmet on.  Then the temptation isn't there to look at the face.

You know, like a paper bag on an ugly chick.

;)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #406 on: July 24, 2006, 05:14 PM »
Hugs all around, and hi (since you didn't seem to hear me at the show).

Didn't hear you say what at the show? (no way in hell you were trying to say "hello" to ME there)  I've tried chatting with you at numerous shows, stores, etc., Adam, and you wouldn't give me the time of day, and mostly seemed annoyed with someone just trying to talk to you.  It just gets tiring after a while even bothering, when there's plenty of others site members/staff members/admins/webmasters who are far more friendly and down to earth...

Hell, even talking to you in the Target store was a painstaking chore.  We're all in this hobby together, ya' know?  It's the smugness that bugs, and the demeaning attitude, that's all.

- Matt

P.S.  Just so I can contribute something on topic here, it took all of about 4 or 5 days for Jerjerrod to start pegwarming out here.  I found him (with zero other Endor figures) at 3 different WM's on the way down to SDCC last week.  Heck, not even that ****** re-released Emperor was  anywhere to be found.  Befuddling.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 05:19 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: July 25, 2006, 12:00 AM »
Matt-- PM sent.  (Or sending.)

It's not my intent to come off as a huge colossal boil on the rear of fans worldwide.   And I hope you don't take the awkwardness of someone caught off guard as a huge insult because I've got a problem remembering names and faces after one meeting, especially given the fact that I had no idea our paths would cross on a toy run.   But it happens, and hey, I know for next time.   I just typically leave everybody I don't consider a close personal friend alone because I have a bad habit of overstaying my welcome when people want to leave.   So I overcompensate.   My fault at times.

Smug?  Arrogant?  Well, that's not my intent.  Frankly, I don't think there's any reason anyone should care what I have to say most of the time, much like what Philip supposedly said about just not bothering to read it if you don't like it.  Star Wars news comes in dozens of flavors, if Rebelscum doesn't float your boat, the great folks at Yoda's News, Sir Steve's, and The Jawa do a great job of posting information, as does Jedi Defender, who seems to be great at posting stories and is the first place I always go when a big announcement is made when I want to see fan commentary.

I can't respond to everything so I don't promise to, but so far this year I try to address anything I'm asked on some level if I can.    I don't post on a lot of forums anymore because it tends to become personal and like my English teacher always told me, "nobody cares what you [you being me] think."

Part of the reason I write what I do (and how I do) is to see what people think about such topics, like the Figure of the Day (which I see some hate and some love) reminding people of toy hunts they had 10 years ago.   I still like the figures I bought 10 years ago.   But that's me.   I'm more interested in seeing if what I have to say sparks a discussion regarding how great a figure was from back then, or how much it sucked.   I'm also trying to write a column every day in an attempt to bolster content in the slow seasons, and I really hope that other people see it and go "I can do WAY better than Pawlus" and start another column so I can read theirs.   I have more fun reading what others have to say than I do writing my own columns.

We're absolutely in this hobby together.   But I'm just trying to write something people find interesting and leave people alone outside of that-- I don't always understand why some things are a bad thing, like the removable helmet on the Death Star Gunner, or the Marvel EU figure packs.  (I think those are awesome.  But as anyone who remembers my redesign of Yakface.com can attest to, I likes the funky colors.)  I was just firing an email back at someone today who was going about how much they loved the tins, saying I thought they were kinda so-so but still a great idea at a (seemingly) good price.   Then again, I love the tiny white TIE fighter and have been told I'm nuts too.   'tis all the fun of the hobby, but still, c'mon, removable helmets are the love.

I'm in no way saying "get a life" as some might imply, I spend a really huge amount of time writing, researching, and joining the never-ending debate on all things Star Wars as best I can.   Just usually not on forums because, as you can see here, the only thing I'm good at producing are responses that warrant the dreaded "TLDR" response.   I'm just a magnet for people's hate mail to Hasbro, and as you can see, it shows.

And back to on topic... I've seen the Endor Wave in LA about a half dozen times so far-- but just at Wal-marts so far.   I loves me some Chirpa.   (Just go in the mornings.  That's when you can get a fresh kill.   That or at lunch.   The kill isn't so fresh but hey, light traffic gets you out of the store faster.)

I've wasted enough of your afternoon, anyway.   Thanks for reading.   Your pal,

--AP
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 25, 2006, 12:10 AM »
I am all for seeing the Endor wave at a Target store soon.  Mainly because my coworkers gave me a $20 gift card for my 1 year anniversary there (oh yeah and the cheese cake to).  Anyway, just trying to lighten the mood up a tadbit  :-\

Just for the record....the Jango heads underneath the imperials are kind of odd to get used to IMO. 

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 25, 2006, 12:14 AM »
I am all for seeing the Endor wave at a Target store soon.  Mainly because my coworkers gave me a $20 gift card for my 1 year anniversary there (oh yeah and the cheese cake to).  Anyway, just trying to lighten the mood up a tadbit  :-\

Just for the record....the Jango heads underneath the imperials are kind of odd to get used to IMO. 

It's weird, but I figure this is the "Hasbro Continuity," much like the yellow green Plo Koon saber and some of the other general weirdness.   I find it really odd too, but I leave the helmets on.  I just like the option of taking them off, or using them for other purposes (clone trainees, engineers, etc.) or whatever.   Of course, I *LOVE* the idea of Hasbro designing original concepts if they're good, solid ideas, so basically anything original but the Cruisemissile Trooper is awesome. :)   (Mini Rigs = yes.)
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #410 on: July 25, 2006, 08:42 AM »
Imperial Troop Transport?  Yes!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #411 on: July 25, 2006, 05:31 PM »
RS has pics of the new Endor Luke:

Carded
Loose
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 25, 2006, 05:43 PM »
Did we ever figure out which mold(s) Luke is comprised of?

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #413 on: July 25, 2006, 05:47 PM »
I think the popular opinion is that it's the Saga 2004 Jabba's Palace Luke with a new right hand.

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 25, 2006, 05:49 PM »
It's not opinion, it's fact.  I confirmed as much with a Hasbro rep at SDCC.  Endor Luke is based on the Jabba's palace figure but with a gloved right hand and the added accessories.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 25, 2006, 05:51 PM »
:D

I don't mind the Jango faces behind the OT helmets. 
 ;)

Nah, I kinda dig it.  For those who don't like it, leave the helmet on!  Removable helmets look better anyhow because it's more realistic the way the neck is underneath and all.  Overall, it's a good idea, and I like how it's official that all of these goons were in fact Jango.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 25, 2006, 05:53 PM »
It's all good, brother man.

8)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #417 on: July 25, 2006, 05:57 PM »
It's not opinion, it's fact.

Okay then, it's FACT.

Pardon me.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: July 25, 2006, 06:20 PM »
It's not opinion, it's fact.

Okay then, it's FACT.

Pardon me.

Do that again and I might have to wear sunglasses to work on my computer.   ;D 

I think a number of sites were asking Hasbro to take Endor Luke out of the case in San Diego.  I saw one of the RS guys trying to make that happen, but I don't think Hasbro wanted to accomodate the request.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 25, 2006, 06:45 PM »
I think the popular opinion is that it's the Saga 2004 Jabba's Palace Luke with a new right hand.

Although apparently that's true, the head looks like it may be retooled.
Yo is what yo is.