Author Topic: Battle of Endor Wave  (Read 84099 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Battle of Endor Wave
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2005, 10:59 PM »
I was kind of hoping for redone versions of Han, Luke, and Leia in their trenchcoat and ponchos.

Guess I'll have to keep waiting.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2005, 01:16 AM »
I'm pretty pissed were not getting a SA Scout Trooper, my most wanted figure. Why Hasbro WHY!

I was thinking the same thing when I read the list. A Death Star Gunner over a Biker Scout. Riiiiiiiiiight
I remember my dream now.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2005, 02:07 AM »
Blaster_E11, you're not the only one...  For my dollar, if it saves Hasbro some money I'm ok with (as long as it's a good sculpt) seeing them re-use IMperial Officer bodies to make new specific Officers from the film...  So to that end I think Jerjerrod could be cool.  If he's all new and even more poseable than an average Officer we've seen, I'll be ecstatic really since Impy Officer fodder has been fairly limited till recently.

The Death Star Gunner's not HIGH on my list of resculpts but I'll take him, sure.  Given that the Gunners did wear a variety of uniforms, Hasbro could technically give us the leather jerkin DSG as opposed to the POTF2 figure with the armor...  Or they could resculpt the Vintage figure who was just sporting the jumpsuit for the Emperor's arrival too, so that's unique to me, and adds something...

I'm more hoping the Rebel Commando's NOT a re-release because, well, yeah we have 2 but neither is very swift.  A little customizing tip though, if you wanted to give it a go the Saga body can be fitted to the POTF2 legs for a neutral, yet somewhat poseable Endor Rebel...  Still they're shy of the SA Trooper we all would buy and that is much needed IMO.

I'm with the rest of the voices that are a little shocked and dismayed at no SA Scout, no SA Luke Endor, or Leia, or Han...  Aside from the Commando those are the most in need of the resculpt treatment out of the whole ground sequence, but guess they're still on hold. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2005, 02:24 AM »
RS updated already with the '411' on this wave.  Um... is it me, or are they just throwing darts?  And maybe staying up too late writing this (see bit about the Emperor at the end)?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2005, 02:28 AM »
Little of A, little of B maybe...  :)  They likely know what they know and are just milking it a little at a time with these "411" things.

I'm always one to enjoy a good rumor though so whatever...

I'm a bit disappoitned about Luke...  I'm really disappointed about the Endor Trooper irregardless of a new head or not...  If Palpy was the Evolutions Palpy (yeah right, but one can dream) with maybe a new ROTJ head I'd be totally AOK with that.  That'd be the ultimate in my book.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2005, 03:18 AM »
They did mention Luke comes with a poncho.  It would be simple enough for Hasbro to retool a new torso for the Jabba's Palace Luke, get rid of the skirt, and have an Endor Luke without trying too hard.

The Endor solider... do we need another one?  Not unless he's SA, which he's not, so... yeah, the only Emperor I'd be interested in would be the Evo one.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2005, 04:35 AM »
SA one was the Endor Trooper I was hoping for though...  POTF2's not poseable at all and the Saga figure's disappointing too...  There's work they need to do there I think.

The Luke is disappointing because, well, he just needs resclupted to be a good SA figure.  On ENdor Luke had the Jedi tunic on though over his outfit so technically he should be sporting the skirt and all that.  I think I'd have much preferred a resculpt on Luke too...  I think I'd have replaced the DSGunner with either of the other figures completely resculpted.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2005, 12:22 PM »
I'm always happy to get high ranking Imperial Officers, like Piett, Motti, Ozzel and the like.  So Moff Jerjerrod is greatly welcomed!

And it's about time we see a new Ewok - I'm really looking forward to Chief Chirpa.

Strangely enough, I think I'm looking forward to the Ewok Deity C-3PO the most - that scene was funny without being lame.  Maybe we'll finally get a C-3PO with some elbow and leg articulation, but I won't hold my breath.

The others I could take or leave.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2005, 01:38 PM »
This wave has a lot of good to offer, and I'm really looking forward to it overall.  That said, there are a handful of figures from Endor that I've really been holding out for (SA Scout, SA Endor Han, Luke, Leia), but hopefully we'll see them in some way soon as well.  For what we're rumored to be getting:

Moff Jerjerrod - Definitely picking this up.  Always nice to get another Imperial officer, I still need to find/pick up Ozzel since I never found him around here.  Always thought it would be nice to get a Jerjerrod figure.

Chief Chirpa - One of the figures I'm looking forward to the most.  I don't mind the ewoks personally, and Chirpa was one of my favorites as a kid (vinty figure wise).  Another one of the "vintage figures never made" knocked off the list too.  Definite buy.

"Ewok Diety" C-3PO - Could be great, and one that has often been requested.  If they can pull off articulated knees, it would make a lot of people happy.  If he comes with his throne or something, that would be cool too.  I don't mind seeing a new 3PO, they could still make a "perfect" OT styled one.  The ROTS one is the best we've seen so far.  I'll pick this up too.

Death Star Gunner - Another one I missed during POTF2 days, and I'm sure it could be quite improved now too, so I'm looking forward to it.

Luke Skywalker - I was really hoping we'd see an all-new, SA, complete with all the bells and whistles Endor Luke, but its sounding like this is a retool/rehash.  I guess if it has to be that way, maybe modifying the Jabba's Palace Luke somehow with a soft goods cloak and a helmet would be ok.  Still would have liked to see an all new version though.

Endor Rebel Soldier - Another one that could have stood an all-new, SA version.  Likely to be the Saga version I would guess, maybe (hopefully) with a new head?  A maybe for me, depends on how it turns out.

Darth Vader - Not really sure what it would be, if it is rehash, I'll pass.

Emperor - Ditto above, but likely a rehash.  If so, pass.  If they could somehow utilize the Evolutions Palpy figure, and give him a new ROTJ style head (as Jesse mentioned earlier) that would be great.  If it is the Saga one...no thanks.

Overall a pretty good wave, and I am excited for the new figures we're getting...but the omissions just kind of bring the excitement down a bit.  Hopefully we'll see them sometime soon though, in the SA versions we're all hoping for.  I'm still holding out hope for a continuation of Evolutions/VOTC style line, where we could maybe see Endor Han, Luke, Leia, Scout Troopers, and much more.

Offline ROTJLuke

• Youngling
  • Where's the SA Final Duel Jedi Luke?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2005, 02:31 PM »
SA one was the Endor Trooper I was hoping for though...  POTF2's not poseable at all and the Saga figure's disappointing too...  There's work they need to do there I think.

The Luke is disappointing because, well, he just needs resclupted to be a good SA figure.  On ENdor Luke had the Jedi tunic on though over his outfit so technically he should be sporting the skirt and all that.  I think I'd have much preferred a resculpt on Luke too...  I think I'd have replaced the DSGunner with either of the other figures completely resculpted.

But technically, its Endor CONFRONTATION, matching the Vader. At that point in the film, hes removed the jedi tunic, and has the Final Duel suit on. I believe Hasbro will retool the chest and (hopefully) right hand (so he can hold a saber) so its the correct suit. I was holding out for a SA one, but hopefully well get an awesome Jedi Luke in the VOTC thats hardcore rumored. But, as for this figure, this is what Im thinking:

Jabba's Palace Luke Skywalker's: Head, arms, legs.

Retooled Parts:  Torso, right hand (gloved and in the gripping position)

Accessories: Obi Wan Pilot's Saber (Green blade), Saber hilt, binders, soft goods poncho

The poncho is a nice pack in. Itll be cool to open it up and put the poncho on him. :) Im a hardcore jedi Luke collector, and Im not too dissapointed in this figure if they retool this torso and hand, as well as pack the poncho in the box as opposed to on the figure, this is the Endor Confrontation, after all. Im still holding out for a SA Death Star Duel Luke figure, but Ill take this one for now. :)
All I want from you Hasbro is a SA Final Duel Luke. Is that soo much to ask for?

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2005, 03:20 PM »
And maybe staying up too late writing this (see bit about the Emperor at the end)?

Also, WTF is up with the Endor soldier picture?

Clearly the image has been altered and replaced with a new face. Anyone recognize that guy? Is it a Rebelscum staffer?
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline ROTJLuke

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2005, 08:52 PM »
I just hope the Luke is good enough to be on par with the rest of the figures, has his DSII uniform on, has a new retooled right hand that can hold the saber (ball jointed arms would be ideal) and its just enough of a tease till we get a SA DS Duel Luke.
All I want from you Hasbro is a SA Final Duel Luke. Is that soo much to ask for?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 1, 2005, 09:39 AM »
I'm on the same page as you all with the Luke. This figure has spiked some major curiosity as to how it's going to be handled, so I eagarly await an image.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline ROTJLuke

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 1, 2005, 04:45 PM »
I'm on the same page as you all with the Luke. This figure has spiked some major curiosity as to how it's going to be handled, so I eagarly await an image.

like Ive stated everywhere, Ill be tied over for a while if its a retooled torso (new dsII sculpt) and new arms with ball joints, so he can hold the saber with two hands in attack position and have his binders on. If hasbro stays true to this figures title, itll be the DSII uniform. If they cop out, itll be a rehash Jabba's Luke with painted black hand.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2006, 03:23 PM »
Man, this drifted all the way back to page 3!   :(

Anyway, with the recent Toy Fair reveal, I thought I'd bump up the thread so I could remember what else was supposed to be in this wave:

*new* - Chief Chirpa
*new* - Moff Jerjerrod
*new* - Death Star Gunner
*new* - C-3PO (w/Ewok Throne)
(repack) - Endor Rebel Commando
(repack) - Luke Skywalker (Jedi)
(repack) - Darth Vader
(repack) - The Emperor

So, we saw the 4 new figures at Toy Fair, along with the planned re-issue of Saga 03-30 Emperor Palpatine.

I'd guess that the Luke and Vader will be DS2 Duel versions.  The Saga Throne Room Duel versions seem to make the most sense, despite the lameness of said figures.  :-\

I was kinda wondering if the Endor Rebel will get a bit of Kit-bashing?  An easy swap I've seen all the customizers do is to take the PotF2 Endor Trooper Legs and put them on the Saga Endor Rebel Waist/torso. 

That'd be a nice easy kit-bash option kinda like they used for the Snowtrooper - a combo of old and recent to get a new figure.  Throw in a new head sculpt and that'd be pretty cool (or at least better than a pure re-hash).  :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender