Author Topic: Battle of Endor Wave  (Read 84095 times)

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Battle of Endor Wave
« Reply #90 on: April 5, 2006, 01:04 PM »
Note: Available in Augst.  Does that mean May?

Yeah, I don't put a lot of stock in those dates anymore...  ::)

Anyway, it's good to finally get the official announcement on them.  Really glad to see that 3PO comes with the throne - very nice touch and it will add a lot of value to that $6-7 price-point.  Love the DS Gunner and Moff Jerjerrod too.   :)

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 5, 2006, 01:59 PM »
A good looking wave, to be sure. A couple more imperials to army build, a decent 3PO, and another ewok for the "AT-ST and smoldering pelts" diorama. ;D

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 5, 2006, 02:14 PM »
A good looking wave, to be sure. A couple more imperials to army build, a decent 3PO, and another ewok for the "AT-ST and smoldering pelts" diorama. ;D

:-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 5, 2006, 02:27 PM »
Everything is cool except for the obvious.  That Emperor tool is pretty bad...well at least the hood.

I'm sure the sexy packaging will presuade me to buy it....that coupled with my quest to put together a complete carded set.

OCD.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #94 on: April 5, 2006, 02:34 PM »
Well like all have said, love them all except the Emperor. Will be passing on him. Other than that bring them on, loving the 3PO, I hope he is actually that shiny when released.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 5, 2006, 03:04 PM »
Again, like everyone else has said, this wave looks pretty good.  I'm definitely looking forward to it, and will pick them all up aside from the Emperor.  I really wish they would have utilized the Evolutions Emperor and added a new head or something to be appropriate for ROTJ.  Although its mainly the hood problem, that Saga era Emperor just doesn't look right.  Aside from that, the wave looks nice.  I like seeing another Ewok made, and I hope we see the rest from the vintage line eventually too (and maybe a Wicket resculpt and some generic army packs while they're at it).  The C-3PO looks to be the one we've been waiting on for awhile now.  Nice wave.

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
  • Casual/Poor Collector and Customizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 5, 2006, 03:11 PM »
I'll be needing a 3PO or two. :) ROTS C3PO is great and once I have one I'll probably never 'retire' him (that is to say, he'll stay out on display with other figures) but it'll be awesome to have knees that bend too.

I'm a bit disappointed that Luke was nixed- I'm going to hope (no basis for this) that it precipitates a future VTSC Jedi gear/Final Duel outfit Luke :) Riiiiiight.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 5, 2006, 03:18 PM »
I forgot about Luke, we really need a nice "Vader Confrontation Luke."

The tree chopping Luke from a couple years ago just doesn't cut it.

No pun intended.

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 5, 2006, 03:39 PM »
LOL, tree chopping Luke. Indeed!

I want to see a SA Luke with a good headsculpt- not the VTSC/VOTC one, maybe something more like Dark Jedi Luke or a better-painted Jabba's Palace Luke head- that has removeable soft goods tunic and robe, a removeable, slightly elastic belt- one that could fit under or over the tunic, y'see- and a lightsaber hole with a handle and an activated one, preferably a lightsaber reusing the sculpt of the episode III Obi Wan sabers. And heck, he should have two right hands, too, like 500th Vader; one black gloved, one flesh.

Heck, throw in a poncho and a helmet and you've got a Luke who can do anything he did in Return of the Jedi except pilot an X-Wing. :)

Ahh, I can dream, can't I?

Offline Lestat

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Battle of Endor Luke
« Reply #99 on: April 5, 2006, 04:37 PM »
Does anyone have any idea if this figure is going to have better articulation than the old Saga Luke? From the pictures I've seen it looks like a straight up repack. If they re-did the body slightly and maybe kept the headsculpt (making in ball jointed) he would be perfect.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 5, 2006, 05:04 PM »
Again, like everyone else has said, this wave looks pretty good.  I'm definitely looking forward to it, and will pick them all up aside from the Emperor.  I really wish they would have utilized the Evolutions Emperor and added a new head or something to be appropriate for ROTJ.  Although its mainly the hood problem, that Saga era Emperor just doesn't look right. 

Agreed.  I just don't understand why a straight re-release of a not-yet-three year old figure is somehow a sensible thing to do?  Didn't they hear complaints about this figure the last time around?  Oh sure, it has a fancy new cardback and that's great for the carded guys, but please tell me this isn't going to be two per case.  That would bite. 

Here's the case ratio you won't see:

Chief Chirpa x2
Moff Jerjerrod x3
Death Star Gunner x3
C-3PO x3
Emperor Palpatine x1

That assumes there's nothing else in that case from another wave.  Locally I'm surprised by how officers are sitting at the moment, so I might be over assessing the amount for Jerjerrod.  I'd love to see the following mix:

Chief Chirpa x2
Moff Jerjerrod x2
Death Star Gunner x3
C-3PO x2
Emperor Palpatine x1
SA Sandtrooper x2

I'd buy two cases of that.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Endor Luke
« Reply #101 on: April 5, 2006, 05:05 PM »
I'm not 100% sure, but sadly, I think that both Endor Luke and Endor Vader have been cancelled. Guessing from what I've seen in those collection room photos, he was going to be a repack of Jabba's Palace Luke; not owning one I would've bought him, too.

However, this move may precipate the release of another Luke- you never know. And I have the feeling Vader was maybe going to be 500th Vader again, as the Tatooine Vader already looks to be...

Personally, I hope they make a new one in the VTSC line, but there's nothing to indicate such a thing yet. I'm hoping though, and I think there's a fair amount of demand for a new Death Star/Final Duel Luke. No one likes old "Hulk Smash!" Saga Final Duel Luke.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 5, 2006, 05:36 PM »
I don't know, the kiddies might gravitate towards the Emperor.  One per case might be too conservative.

Offline McCusto

• Youngling
  • Saum Beatah Ay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 5, 2006, 06:35 PM »
I'm not 100% sure, but sadly, I think that both Endor Luke and Endor Vader have been cancelled. Guessing from what I've seen in those collection room photos, he was going to be a repack of Jabba's Palace Luke; not owning one I would've bought him, too.

However, this move may precipate the release of another Luke- you never know. And I have the feeling Vader was maybe going to be 500th Vader again, as the Tatooine Vader already looks to be...

Personally, I hope they make a new one in the VTSC line, but there's nothing to indicate such a thing yet. I'm hoping though, and I think there's a fair amount of demand for a new Death Star/Final Duel Luke. No one likes old "Hulk Smash!" Saga Final Duel Luke.

I believe the one showed at the toy fair was from the Demise of Boba Fett battlepack.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 5, 2006, 08:18 PM »
I don't know either, but this is a good question and it will be interesting to see what they do.  I can't say that I don't like the Jabba's Palace Luke, but it's definitely not an ultimate version.  I'm surprised that we haven't gotten one in the VOTC type packaging yet.

I would think though that a 3rd series of VOTC/VSTC will come out maybe next year, and maybe they are saving a Jedi Luke for that?

:P