Author Topic: Battle of Endor Wave  (Read 84352 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Battle of Endor Wave
« Reply #390 on: July 19, 2006, 07:30 PM »
Chirpa seems pretty close to me too. I was thinking about buying a few extras for customs, but it is hard to justify spending $7 on that tiny hunk of plastic. They really should have made him a two pack and included Romba or Lumat.

For what it is though, it's a pretty good figure. I like the little knife feature and thge sculpt is pretty good.
"This is the way."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #391 on: July 20, 2006, 03:36 AM »
I moved some of the inane discussion on Florida finds into the... yep, Florida Finds thread.  Good luck with your Florida hunting!

Upon somewhat further review of this wave, I think 3PO's unpainted (and therefor mismatching) knee joints look like **** and ruin an otherwise great, and long overdue, figure.

The Impy Gunner looks great, though his "clown collar" looks a little bit silly, though it's apparently accurate based on the pic.  His head is tiny when the helmet's off though, almost Beetlejuice-esque.  So that's almost a pointless feature really, since it displays pretty poorly that way (still a nice added touch though, I guess).

Chirpa is TINY.  I'll have to get him next to the previous Ewoks to see how he compares, but at this point, he's looking to be barely bigger than Wickett.  Nice detailing though...

Jerjerrod looks pretty good, for what he is, a boring looking Imperial Officer.  He's got one helluva scowl going, with some seriously furled eye brows.  Good stuff!

The Emperor's a piece of ****, just like he was before.  Maybe some slightly different eye makeup going, but that's about it.  Ridiculous hood ruins the figure.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #392 on: July 20, 2006, 04:55 AM »
Are you guys finding the Troopers too, or are they not in this and are in the Naboo Wave?  I was a little confused on that, but they're probably who I'm looking forward to the most.  Looks like a pretty vast improvement even with the lacking arm articulation (which isn't horribly lacking, it just lacks some).

Jerjerrod strikes me as odd looking and nothing like he should appear, or looks like in the films...

Chief Chirpa is a midget and I'm currently a little bummed.  I gotta check the film to be sure, but he really should be a bit larger.  No club too?  bummer.

3PO is what If igured they'd do...  They could have pulled off vac-metalized joints I think, without fear of it chipping, but it would've taken a little more creativity on the figure's design that they didn't put forth on it so that's disappointing, but I'd imagine this is as good as it gets with this one.

The DSG is the wave's highlight for me (if no Rebels are in the mix).  Even with a small head, I'm cool with that.  The figure itself is really one of their better efforts in the entire 2006 basic line.

Emperor can eat a fat one.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #393 on: July 20, 2006, 04:57 AM »
What Troopers?  The Endor Troopers?  If so, no, they're not in this wave, for whatever dumb reason...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 20, 2006, 10:24 AM »
I found Chirpa, Threepio and the Moff yesterday.

The unpainted leg aside :rolleyes: , I was very impressed with the threepio.  Best Threepio to date IMO.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 20, 2006, 03:30 PM »
Is 3PO new or just the legs?  I'm guessing the former.

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 20, 2006, 07:12 PM »
He's totally new. The head is ball-jointed, the thighs and knees are articulated, and the right arm is removable. Therefore, this is the ultimate C-3PO! I could go without a new OT C-3PO for the rest of my life now that I have this!
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #397 on: July 20, 2006, 07:25 PM »
How is Chief Chirpa size compared to the Vintage Wicket? Same? Slightly bigger?

Inquiring minds want to know!
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 20, 2006, 11:05 PM »
He's totally new. The head is ball-jointed, the thighs and knees are articulated, and the right arm is removable. Therefore, this is the ultimate C-3PO! I could go without a new OT C-3PO for the rest of my life now that I have this!

Funny how potentially the worst Threepio to date was the $10.00 VOTC one, and this one is way better for 3 dollars less.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 20, 2006, 11:12 PM »
Actually POTF 2 was the worst,like most of POTF 2, TOO DAMN BUFF!
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #400 on: July 20, 2006, 11:23 PM »
They should have saved the knee articulation for the upcoming Titanium figure:

Would have looked much better, and would have given everybody a good reason to fork out the extra cash for a Titanium figure.

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 20, 2006, 11:38 PM »
Eh, I'd rather have a Basic figure with knees than a titanium figure. Great Titanium 3PO though,vwill pick that onevup!
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 24, 2006, 02:54 PM »
Found Chirpa and Threepio today. Love these guys! Chirpa's a great little figure. :) Love the little details and accessories. The knife and sheath are a nice touch. It's also neat how he can sit in the throne in place of Threepio, since he is the chief. ;D

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: July 24, 2006, 03:26 PM »
Hey, you guys need to stop all the fussing about the Gunner's helmet being "liftable", 'cause you're really hurting poor Adam Pawlus's feelings:

I saw much complaining about the Death Star Gunner's removable helmet around the web after we got to announce it here. Wow. Some people must really have awesome lives. Me, I've got other things to worry about so I guess I must've been blind to what a horrible thing Hasbro did by adding extra play value, detail, and accessories to a figure which could've just been a straight repack of a sculpt from 1996. I truly must work on my priorities.

Hah.  This coming from a guy who's spending time every day writing up a crappy, daily (usually glowing) review of some figure that's 5 - 10 years old that no one gives a rat's ass about anymore?!?  Sheesh.  Pawlus is quickly approaching Phillip Wise territory with his "get a life" comments and attitude these days.  What an arrogont (and hypocritical) jackass.  ::)

I'll have to see this figure myself before basing any opinions on it.  I certainly have no interest in Gunners with liftable helmets, since there was obviously no such thing in the OT, but I guess it's a cool added feature, as long as it doesn't detract from the actual sculpt of the figure when it's in the down position (which is what remains to be seen, I guess).

Hugs all around, and hi (since you didn't seem to hear me at the show).
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 24, 2006, 03:34 PM »
This hobby is such a ******* joy.