Author Topic: Battle of Endor Wave  (Read 84087 times)

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
Re: Battle of Endor Wave
« Reply #450 on: August 7, 2006, 09:59 AM »
Have any of you guys tried Head and Shoulders on 3PO? :P
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: August 8, 2006, 03:49 PM »
The Endor wave is in stock at hasbrotoyshop.com if anyone still needs them.  If you use the comic con code, you can get them for $6.30.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #452 on: August 14, 2006, 10:41 AM »
3PO is what If igured they'd do...  They could have pulled off vac-metalized joints I think, without fear of it chipping, but it would've taken a little more creativity on the figure's design that they didn't put forth on it so that's disappointing, but I'd imagine this is as good as it gets with this one.

They've fixed the Threepio somewhat. 

From GH:

Pic 1
Pic 2
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #453 on: August 14, 2006, 11:24 AM »
The difference is really remarkable when you see them side-by-side.  The version that came in my EE case is the 2nd VacMetal joints version and it looks a LOT nicer than the first "ugly unpainted joints" version.   :)

On the topic of 3PO, he's turning out to be my favorite from this wave.  Great articulation in the legs and head, removable arms, the throne - really one of the nicest 3POs we've ever seen I think.

He's especially better than the Greatest Battles version out there on the pegs at the same time...  ::)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 14, 2006, 04:23 PM »
Saw this wave at Target today, except for the DSG, Chrpa, 3P0, and Palpatine. Only Jerjerrod was there. Still, it was nice to know that this wave is hitting in my area.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: August 14, 2006, 04:32 PM »
This wave has been spotty to find- I have noticed walmarts in my area resetting toy aisles, and very few figures to be found other than greatest battles.

Target seems to have expanded their peg space for them, but all I am finding are tatooine and greatest battles there as well.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #456 on: August 14, 2006, 05:03 PM »
On the topic of 3PO, he's turning out to be my favorite from this wave.  Great articulation in the legs and head, removable arms, the throne - really one of the nicest 3POs we've ever seen I think.

He's especially better than the Greatest Battles version out there on the pegs at the same time...  ::)

And to add insult to injury,  the GB version costs 50¢ more at some Targets  ::)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 05:04 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #457 on: August 16, 2006, 03:21 AM »
The difference is nice...  Are the pins really vac-metalized though or just colored properly by cast in a similar color plastic with like a metallic tinge to it?  I, of course, haven't seen either one in person but the improvement's a really nice effort from Hasbro I think.

Short of some extra articulation at some of the "joints" of the costume, like just below the shoulder plate for instance, I agree this is probably the best 3PO in the line.  Plus the giant throne accessory (when usually you get nothing), that's a major plus in and of itself.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #458 on: August 16, 2006, 10:21 AM »
Are the pins really vac-metalized though or just colored properly by cast in a similar color plastic with like a metallic tinge to it?

They look "cast in a similar color plastic with like a metallic tinge" to me... not quite vac-metal, but close enough in appearance so as not to distract like the unpainted version.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 16, 2006, 10:23 AM »
I hate these running changes, because I bought the 3 I neede for my dio scenes, as soon as they came out.  It's a minor thing, granted, but I would have liked to get the newer version the first time out.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 16, 2006, 10:41 AM »
I finally found this wave in person today.  I picked up some gunners and Moffs.  The 3POs on the shelf were the "old" unpainted versions, so it must be an older case that just got put out.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 17, 2006, 06:47 PM »
Should Vader have a good guy holo? In the scene this figure is based on he was technically a good guy. ;)
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 17, 2006, 10:09 PM »
You are correct Artoo.  I sense another running change with good guy holograms! 

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #463 on: August 18, 2006, 04:25 AM »
They've fixed the Threepio somewhat...

I was really excited when GH posted that scoop, as I discussed that exact (annoying) silver knee issue with one of the Hasbro reps down at SDCC a few weeks ago (even mentioned it our our Q &A).  The 3PO sample they had in their display cabinet had the silver painted knee joint, but at that time, nobody had seen anything but the awkward, mismatched gold knee joint so far at retail.  I asked them why they couldn't do the correct color with the regular production of the C-3PO figures, similar to their paint sample on display, and the Hasbro guy thought it must be a running change, since he didn't even know of the miscolored gold ones.  I figured he just didn't know what the heck he was talking about, since their display samples usually have much nicer paint jobs than the finished versions, but sure as hell, the guy was (fortunately) right, and there's indeed been a running change to this figure, as I finally found my first corrected batch tonight.  Fortunately, I hadn't opened any of the earlier ones that I'd bought yet, so a couple of them will be going back, in favor of the new silver kneed one.  Glad to see Hasbro on the ball there, even if it means sticking me with yet another unwanted carded "variation".
« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 04:27 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 18, 2006, 08:53 AM »
I'm glad to see this running change as well, hopefully it won't be too tough to find.  The Endor wave hasn't really hit heavily around here yet, so hopefully those are still on the way.  I found 1 3PO a couple of weeks ago and picked it up, but it is the original version.  Still no signs of the Death Star Gunners, so I must have missed them the first time.  The only Endor figure I've seen since that first find is a lone Chirpa amongst the "Greatest Battles" figures at Wal-Mart.