Author Topic: EpIII Greatest Battles Collection  (Read 22873 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 3 Heroes
« Reply #15 on: April 8, 2006, 10:28 PM »
Couple more thoughts: the 80+ figs we heard about?  For sure now, if you count the H&V figs.  And there won't be any 'new' Padme, watch, because now they've got her covered.   :(

And I agree that the final 5 should have been included in this.

Yeah, a different, not-so-obviously preggers Padme would be nice to get in '06, so many choices for it and one that's not so clearly a peg warmer. 

I think the final 5 will be coming in wave 3 perhaps?  I'm a little surprised to see C-3PO in here, considering he's coming in the Endor set and looks to be the same figure, but with a pretty neat accessory and knee articulation.  Why on earth they'd repack this at this time is a little odd to me. 

Greatest hits 3:
Commander Bly
Commander Gree
Grievous Bodyguard
Plo Koon (Holographic)
Aayla Secura (Holographic)
Wookiee Heavy Gunner
Royal Guard Red
Shock Trooper
Clone commander green
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 8, 2006, 10:52 PM »
I really wanted to put together a full carded set of TSC, but am seriously rethinking it from all of the rehashes coming out.

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 9, 2006, 12:13 AM »
I am an opener and a non-completist so these are so easy to pass on.  There is no interest whatsoever in the figures they have picked. Here's a scarey thought. I think we'll start seeing a lot of rehashes and then these will hit and guess what, the pegs begin to fill and fill and no one buys 1/2 of the waves because they have what they want for em. Means we could see a long hard summer as the pegs are filled, but filled with poor figures.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #18 on: April 9, 2006, 01:04 AM »
I actually think these will sell.  There's still plenty of residual interest in SW (I see lots of kids in the aisles) and combine that with collector interest in the new cards, that should cover it.  Adam Pawlus hinted that Bly and Gree would be appearing again (along with the Tac Op Trooper) so I'd bet they will be in a wave 3.  I hope to see the final 5 too.

I really want them to do a new Padme.  I'm kind of dismayed that they haven't yet, and don't seem to be too interested in her. 

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #19 on: April 9, 2006, 01:16 AM »
I remember that first HOF wave they did in 2004 came and went with the wind, and I'll thinking these will do the same. SW is a lot more popular now, and a lot of the stuff was a pain to find the first time 'round.

But they definetely need to get some Tac Ops and single-carded Shockies out there, stat.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
EpIII Heroes
« Reply #20 on: April 9, 2006, 08:11 AM »
I'm glad these ROTS waves are coming out because it means that there are going to be a bunch of figures out that I don't need to buy. Considering most of these sat on pegs for 8 months last year,  I have them all in sufficient numbers.  It will give me a nice break when these waves hit.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
EpIII Heroes
« Reply #21 on: April 9, 2006, 01:34 PM »
I think I'm reaching a turning point in my collecting habits with news of this wave.  I'm a die hard carded/boxed collector and I have 99% of all the carded figures starting from POTF2 through the new Saga stuff.  How many more of these things do I really need?  New cards are pleasing, but when can one's OCD cease to exist???

I refused to collect any of the HOF back in 04 even though they were only $5 back then.  These rehashes are running at $7 now.  Maybe if they lowered the price a bit, I might be more inclined to pick these up.

Sorry for my rant.  ::)

I'll be quiet now....
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
EpIII Heroes
« Reply #22 on: April 9, 2006, 01:38 PM »
No reason to be sorry for your rant!   ;)  If I were collecting MOMC stuff and was trying to be a completist, I'd be raising hell probably right now.  I have a local buddy who collects everything carded and I'm expecting the same response from him!

:)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
EpIII Heroes
« Reply #23 on: April 9, 2006, 01:52 PM »
If they wanted to do a Greatest Hits wave for each of the 2 ROTS Collection assortments, here's what they should have done, honestly (from my own point of view):

COLLECTION 1 GREATEST HITS

2 x III-06 Clone Trooper (Shock Trooper Version)
1 x III-05 Chewbacca
1 x III-09 General Grievous (Four Lightsaber Attack)
1 x III-10 Mace Windu
1 x III-33 Clone Commander (Green Version)
1 x III-34 Clone Pilot (Black Version)
1 x III-41 Clone Trooper (Super Articulated)
1 x III-50 Anakin Skywalker (Battle Damaged)
1 x III-54 AT-RT Driver
1 x III-57 Commander Bly
1 x III-59 Commander Gree

COLLECTION 2 GREATEST HITS

1 x III-13 Count Dooku
1 x III-17 Battle Droid
1 x III-23 Royal Guard (Red Version)
2 x III-38 AT-TE Tank Gunner
2 x III-65 Tactical Ops Clone Trooper
2 x III-66 Plo Koon (Holographic)
2 x III-67 Aayla Secura (Holographic)
1 x III-68 Wookiee Heavy Gunner

Instead we get such "great" figures as Explodo-Mini-Grievous and the III-02 Anakin figure for the second time in two months on two slightly different cards, and for what has to be the 12th time overall in just over a year's time.  I don't see myself picking anything other than two black Clone Pilots up (to pilot my ARC Gunship when it comes out), but I do envision this being the case that winds up clogging pegs for years because it will be the one where Hasbro and retail finally figure out they need to get more product to stores.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
EpIII Heroes
« Reply #24 on: April 9, 2006, 07:14 PM »
Greatest Hits Wave 3:

-Anakin Skywalker on Mustafar
-Cat Miin
-Aayla Hologram
-Commander Bly
-Neimoidian Warrior
-Plo Koon
-Battle Droid
-Passel Argente
-R2-D2 (Mustafar Lights & Sounds)
-Clone Trooper (Shocktrooper Variant)
-R4-P17
-Tarfulls

Offline Darth_Legois_619

• Youngling
  • LAAT VS GENERAL GRIEVOUS
    • View Profile
EpIII Heroes
« Reply #25 on: April 9, 2006, 09:43 PM »
yes TAC-OPS trooper!!! ;D

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
EpIII Heroes
« Reply #26 on: April 9, 2006, 10:09 PM »

Man I can barely read that purple writing... can you use a brighter color?   ;)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
EpIII Heroes
« Reply #27 on: April 9, 2006, 11:13 PM »
Well - I already have Wave 1 on order with EE and I will be placing an order for Wave 2 with them as well. I typically get two (or more) of every figure and one always stays MOC. So while I don't need to open these, I will be happy to add these carded variations to my collection.

Am I thrilled with the prospect of buying these simply for the packaging variation?

Nope.

Will my OCD allow me to skip them?

Nope.

So there I am, stuck smack dab in the middle of mental illness.  :-\
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Legois_619

• Youngling
  • LAAT VS GENERAL GRIEVOUS
    • View Profile
EpIII Heroes
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2006, 12:00 AM »

Man I can barely read that purple writing... can you use a brighter color?   ;)

i was thinking of that but u could just hi-light it.oh well

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
EpIII Heroes
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2006, 04:52 PM »
A brighter color would be in order I think Legois...  :)

And the Greatest Hits stuff really has me interested now after seeing Wave 2.  I'm in for some of those.  I'm wondering if the Preview Wookiee is just the Preview one or if the paint will be different in some way?

Be nice if the 501st was different to some extent too but oh well.

I think they improved.  Much better choices the 2nd time around.  Ones I"ll buy.

A fixed Bly would be nice though since he's been a pain to find.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77