Author Topic: EpIII Greatest Battles Collection  (Read 22867 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: EpIII Greatest Battles Collection
« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2006, 02:46 PM »
I feel sorry for carded collectors as well, as many of these figures do look pretty nice on the 2006 cardbacks.  I especially like the 3PO on Tantive, I might even pick that one up if I see it.  It would look better if that Mustafar base was better hidden (or not included).  Some of the Heroes and Villains stuff is starting to stack up around here to some extent though, and I hope Hasbro isn't overdoing it with these.  If they come out with 3 (or more) assortments of this, they're basically re-releasing half of last year's line when you consider what's already in the regular TSC waves.  Its nice that some of the tougher figs are out there again, and - like I said - the cardbacks look nice, but I just have nightmares of not finding Tatooine/Endor figures while staring at pegs of Yodas, Anakins, etc.  They may be a seperate item in systems, but around here they're all put on the same pegs.  Particularly at Wal-Mart - whose basic figures section for SW is almost hidden amongst the rest of the aisle.  Anyways, I might pick up a few of these, but I just hope they don't overdo it.  It would have been nice to see Evolutions Anakin packed in these though, if they're going to do them.

H&V sales in Chicagoland seem somewhat  brisk and fortunatly the Bugs and Yodas are slowly going away but I agree, I do not know how much longer Hasbro should keep re-releasing half of last year's line. Future asst are in jeapordy. The only remnats I find are H&V and the New Hans / Vader.

Evo anakin would be a great figure to re release I would surley buy 2 more. In fact if they repacked all the Evolutions figure I would gladly buy again.
What I really do not get is why they repack Yoda and Slashing Anakin, Pilot Obi, and the Emporer again when they are currently out there in other asst and Battle packs. How about a the standard Battle Droid, they never warmed the pegs at least in the states I lived in: NJ, CA and IL.

I am 3 shy from completeing the UGH set. Why not re-release those. I need Han, Boba and Vader. ???

As I said earlier, I am a little dissapointed this year's turnout. My expectations were too high i suppose. For me these dry down times are good to buy the few remaining past items I missed on Ebay.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2006, 03:06 AM »
The only figuresI want from wave 3 are the shockie & Deviss.The other choices suck,even thoe Pilot Obi is a good figure.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2006, 03:46 AM »
The only one I want from Wave 2 is the 501st Tac Ops trooper since I missed him the first time around. I already have the rest except 3PO and Padme, neither of which I need. I'd much prefer a Senator Padme in one of those cool politician dresses instead of the silly brown pajamas.

I can skip all of Wave 3 with the possible exception of the destroyer droid (believe it or not, I don't own any 3.75" destroyer droids). The rest of them I either already have or don't need in the first place.

As a loose collector, it feels good being able to skip the majority of repacks. :)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 04:05 AM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2006, 09:22 AM »
Since I've run into the entire first wave of H&V on countless occasions now, I'm going to go out on a limb a guess that the same will happen with this assortment, meaning that I shouldn't have to sweat the clones.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2006, 12:23 PM »
Funny how history repeats itself.  The last wave of Saga will be tough to find because all three waves of ROTS **** will be clogging the shelves.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2006, 02:43 AM »
Some good shots of the carded Greatest (I keep calling them "Epic" I dont' know why) Battles figures have come into our grasp recently as per the front page.  You can Read The Story Here.  These are probably the 3 most interesting of the repacked figures...  I'll buy a 2nd Count Dooku readily though.

These 3 Troopers are on my want list, especially the shocktrooper and the Senate Security Guard...  The 501st never appealed to me.  For my $7, I think I'd need the #6 sculpt at least...  The TE Gunner's cool for variety but not for army building I'm afraid.  I need better poseability in those arms.

I'm wondering if the red guard's going to re-appear though, as he's who I'd really like more of...  The Shocktrooper's cool to me as any shocktrooper readily available is good...  I'm not displeased with the #6 sculpt though (too much).  I know some don't care for it though.  For me, it's ok...  Just not the best.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 16, 2006, 09:04 AM »
Yep, Hasbro is odd with these clones though.  They know everyone wants SA versions of these.  The quick draw and AT-TE repaints are okay.    All I can think of is that they just a gagillion of the quick draws and AT-TEs so they just repaint and push them on everyone so they don't lose as much money making those molds.  Yet they go ahead and bother making SA molds anyway.  Just weird. 

Regardless I am happy to get another opportunity at the 501st and Red Shocktrooper because I never did see them.  Actually I saw the shocktroopers 2 different times and 2 kids (they don't collect SW   :P) nabbed them from the pegs before I could get to them. 

Offline Ephantmon

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 16, 2006, 04:59 PM »
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum, can someone post high res picts of greatest battles R2-D2 (electronic), Obi-Wan (Pilot), Clone Commander (red), and the Emperor? I saw Obi and the Emperor on the front page, but I would like a better look at them.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #83 on: June 16, 2006, 09:01 PM »
Welcome to JD!  These are the same figures that came out for ROTS.  Maybe a quick google search will help.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 16, 2006, 09:33 PM »
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum, can someone post high res picts of greatest battles R2-D2 (electronic), Obi-Wan (Pilot), Clone Commander (red), and the Emperor? I saw Obi and the Emperor on the front page, but I would like a better look at them.

If you are interested in the figures themselves (not the packaging), check out these basic figures from our ROTS Image Database.

Offline Ephantmon

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 17, 2006, 10:35 AM »
Thanks for the welcomes, I already have these figures from the EP3 line I just want to see the new carded images.

Offline foolintherain76

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 17, 2006, 12:49 PM »
From the pics posted you can see there are 14 figures being released because it says 1 of 14 etc.  So basically these are the 2nd and 3rd wave of Heroes and Villains, they just renamed them because of the whole 1 of 12 thing.  Just wanted to clarify for people that think these are different somehow.  So its the last 16 of the "Greatest Hits of Epi III".  Wave 2 will have 9 "new" figs and Wave 3 will have 5 "new" figs.  They have been listed at EE for some time now.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 18, 2006, 09:22 AM »
Exactly.  The 2 waves of Greatest Battles figures are renamed from the 2nd and 3rd waves of Heroes and Villains figures.

Here's a quick summary:

Wave 1
1 of 14 - 501st Legion Trooper (ROTS III-65)
2 of 14 - AT-TE Gunner (ROTS III-38)
3 of 14 - C-3PO (ROTS III-18)
4 of 14 - Count Dooku (ROTS III-13)
5 of 14 - Royal Guard Blue (ROTS III-23)
6 of 14 - Padme (ROTS III-19)
7 of 14 - R4-G9 (ROTS SP)
8 of 14 - Kit Fisto (ROTS III-22)
9 of 14 - Wookiee Warrior (ROTS SP)

Wave 2
11 of 14 - Shock Trooper (ROTS III-6)
12 of 14 - Obi-Wan Kenobi (ROTS III-55)
Clone Commander Red (ROTS III-33)
Emperor Palpatine (ROTS III-12)
R2-D2 (ROTS III-48)

(I'm not sure of the numbering of those last 3 figures)

Offline Ephantmon

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2006, 04:39 PM »
What's funny is Shopko here in Omaha still had the ROTS versions of c-3po, kit, royal guard, padme, and dooku. Way to keep up guys.

Offline Ephantmon

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 26, 2006, 05:07 PM »
have the carded images of 10, 12, 13, and 14 been posted anywhere yet?