Author Topic: How many SAGA2 Sandtroopers do you have?  (Read 58091 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: How many SAGA2 Sandtroopers do you have?
« Reply #75 on: July 3, 2006, 02:47 AM »
Thanks. :)

I could use 5 or 10 more, but now at least I don't feel like I'm behind by a mile.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 3, 2006, 03:07 PM »
I'm up to 20 now. 2 have been converted to standard troopers and I'll probably convert 2 or 3 more.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #77 on: July 3, 2006, 04:03 PM »
I just hit the 5 mark with 2 more for trade.
I may pick up a few more but I want to see that Tarkin/Stormtooper EU 2 pack first before I commit too much more to this paticular figure.
If that set is a cool as it might be I might have a lot of imperial officer customs.......
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 3, 2006, 08:25 PM »
I've gotten 3. I'm not too impressed with this figure. They're using that damned cheap, gummy plastic again. The backpack won't stay on; the detonator won't stay on. The legs and torso joints are kind of wonky. Weak figure.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 3, 2006, 08:32 PM »
I found two more today bringing me to 12.

I've noticed that the second assortment of the Tatooine wave is shipping, and instead of there being 2 sandies in the cases now, there's only one.  Our long lost friend the snowtrooper is being packed in this case, along with Cody.

Ook - I guess you can hate this figure.  But it's a VOTC stormie for $6 and change.  The gun isn't any different than the VOTC one.  I guess I'm not sympathetic to your situation because my backpacks and thermal detonators do not fall off.  And the "torso and legs being wonky," well, it's the VOTC torso and legs.  I'll gladly reimburse you your cost and shipping for the 3 figs if you want to unload them.  Lemme know.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #80 on: July 3, 2006, 08:48 PM »
Wow Ook, I gotta say I love this one...  They are using a weak plastic on the backpack and detonator however I feel the plastic's not so much the issue as a smal "ridge" one the tab would've been ideal to "snap" the items in place and have them still be removable while being held on sturdily...  It's a design flaw over the plastic.

If I was gonna gripe on the plastic used I'd have thought the pike would be a rubber band...  Ironically though Hasbro seems to be learning to use rigid (or more rigid) plastics on things like staffs.  This, Sun Fac's...  They've improved in that regard and I was shocked to see that.  I figured they'd still pull an Amanaman with staff accessories.

Anyway though I like it...  I've loved the VOTC Stormtrooper since its unveiling though so I'm just giddy for this one.  I'd take a lot more but unfortunately I haven't seen any lately.

Repacking the Snowtrooper?  Fabulous idea Hasbro...  not enough of those around and wow what a quality figure too.   ::)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 3, 2006, 09:12 PM »
6 making total of 12 Sandtroopers (the other 6 being Evolutions)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 3, 2006, 09:28 PM »

Repacking the Snowtrooper?  Fabulous idea Hasbro...  not enough of those around and wow what a quality figure too.   ::)

Yup, I found 2 Tatooine Wave cases on one of those glorious red Target carts at 8 AM, hatched them both open with my car key, only to find that the Sandie is now packed 1 per case, rather than 2 like it used to be, all in favor of a snowtrooper.

Thought I had found 4 sandies, turned out to be 2.

:-\

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #83 on: July 3, 2006, 09:35 PM »
Most of my Target stores have Snowtroopers as it is...  God that's annoying.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 4, 2006, 12:54 PM »
That snowtrooper isn't a straight up repack - they put more normally posed legs on him - so he's not in that crappy half-running position that the Saga one was in.

It's a significant improvement IMO.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 4, 2006, 01:14 PM »
That snowtrooper isn't a straight up repack - they put more normally posed legs on him - so he's not in that crappy half-running position that the Saga one was in.

It's a significant improvement IMO.

Okay, well, it's still got a list of knocks longer than the list of tragedies on my fantasy baseball team:

1.  Non ball jointed shoulders

2.  Unarticulated elbows

3.  Unarticulated wrists

4.  Unarticulated knees

5.  Unarticulated ankles

6 total points of articulation basically makes this figure a statue. 

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 4, 2006, 01:41 PM »
That's true.  Hopefully the rumors about the VTSC one will be true.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 4, 2006, 01:48 PM »
That's true.  Hopefully the rumors about the VTSC one will be true.

They should be, and it'll be just as popular as the VOTC stormie and VTSC scout.

For the life of me, it makes no ******* sense to give a figure like Garindan 12 points of articulation with ball jointed shoulders, but in the same year reissue a figure like the Snowtrooper, kit bash it with a previous snowtrooper, and still give this trooper who was involved in perhaps the biggest ground battle of the original trilogy just 6 points of articulation, and still totally unable to hold his weapon in a firing pose.  And that was Hasbro's 4th attempt at this figure!

I don't get it.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 4, 2006, 03:00 PM »
For the life of me, it makes no ******* sense to give a figure like Garindan 12 points of articulation with ball jointed shoulders, but in the same year reissue a figure like the Snowtrooper, kit bash it with a previous snowtrooper, and still give this trooper who was involved in perhaps the biggest ground battle of the original trilogy just 6 points of articulation, and still totally unable to hold his weapon in a firing pose.  And that was Hasbro's 4th attempt at this figure!

I don't get it.

In one of the recent Q&A's Hasbro sort-of addressed this.  They basically said that they have to balance the amount of articulation they can give a certain wave...based on cost.

Here's the response they gave:

"** For the most part, its much more expensive to produce figures with the ball joints. Every figure we do is a balaning act between articulation, deco, accessories and the overall complexion of the wave. We add articulation where we can afford it and where it makes the most sense for each figure, but ball joints are not going to become the standard on Star Wars for the reasons stated."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 4, 2006, 03:14 PM »
Yeah I saw that, but that's still not an explanation for why Garindan and Hem Dazon get ball joints and 12 points of articulation, and a snowtrooper army builder is given the unarticulated statue status.