Author Topic: How many SAGA2 Sandtroopers do you have?  (Read 58108 times)

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
Re: How many SAGA2 Sandtroopers do you have?
« Reply #255 on: November 11, 2006, 08:39 AM »
9 now. Sometimes I am in the store, and just need to get something star wars.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 11, 2006, 10:17 AM »
I know I've crossed the 100 mark. I only bought about 30 at retail, the rest were trades. I've converted 70 into regular stormtroopers. With the conformation that the BP stormies will be clean, I may settle on 4 more before I call it quits on these guys.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #257 on: November 13, 2006, 04:13 AM »
I just keep getting one here, one there...  They keep having a single one out on the pegs at my nearest WM, so I go up to get dish soap or whatever I'm sent there for, and I cannot help to get yet another Sandtrooper...  I've now lost count.  I have 6 sitting here in front of me till I get another plano case...  Ugh.

Oh and one I got needs an orthopedic shoe because he's lopsided.  Another one I got when they first came out had 2 right hands...  Weird.  I've bought so many I've gotten two distinct flubs from the factory.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 13, 2006, 09:28 AM »
Oh and one I got needs an orthopedic shoe because he's lopsided.  Another one I got when they first came out had 2 right hands...  Weird.  I've bought so many I've gotten two distinct flubs from the factory.

Funny you should mention that. I think there's a design flaw with the VOTC body. I'm fairly certain that the left leg is shorter than the right. One was pretty obvious when looking at it, but I've noticed that it's all but impossible for any of the sand or stormtroopers to stand with both feet resting on the Saga2 stand using the left foot peg.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #259 on: November 13, 2006, 02:55 PM »
I've found there's a certain bowing outward effect on them, but I've not noticed the legs being uneven...  Some (many) can definitely having legs that bow outward at the calves though and it makes some of them appear lopsided.  I've fixed them with heating/cooling customizing techniques when they've been too noticeable. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 14, 2006, 09:36 AM »
Thanks Jesse, I'll have to give that a try.

Offline Clones

• Youngling
  • Not your average clone
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 18, 2006, 01:43 PM »
Got one less than an hour ago. None on the pegs, so I asked an employee who was surprisingly nice when I asked if it was in the stockroom.
-Clones-

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 3, 2006, 05:50 PM »
i have 4....i find the waist on some are pretty loose though :(
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #263 on: December 4, 2006, 05:34 AM »
Yeah some definitely are looser than others, but I haven't found a Sandietrooper that can't hold his pose yet because of it...  That's a positive. 

These things just keep showing up and I just can't help buying it seems.  I pass here and there, but not often...  it's insane at this point, even by my own army building standards.  I love this figure though...

I've got so many now that I've gotten a couple error figures...

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 4, 2006, 10:15 AM »
Yeah some definitely are looser than others, but I haven't found a Sandietrooper that can't hold his pose yet because of it...  That's a positive. 

Same here. I'm curious as to what types of errors you've come across?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #265 on: December 5, 2006, 03:14 AM »
The lopsided leg I've seen on two...  One leg noticeably shorter than another is what I mean there.

I've gotten one with 2 right hands now, one with 2 of the same feet...  I've gotten some with paint missing on a part of the figure, like half a clean torso, spotless, and one half with spray on it...  I got a pauldron that was missing the dull sheen, it was very glossy...  Weird stuff.

I think a lot of it is the volume of figures I bought.  :)

Also Slothus mentioned this too but I've noticed some figures he sent me have distinctly muddy backpacks while few (if any?) I bought out here have this heavier "mud" applied to the backpack.  That's weird unto itself.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 5, 2006, 04:15 PM »
2 of the 4 i have suffer from "lopsided leg disorder"
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 5, 2006, 10:48 PM »
hehe i now have 5 sandies. walked into the bay today....doubting any saga figures (they usually only have mon motha and palpy. but BOOM one sandie siting all alone on the pegs :).

then i went to sears and found 2 utapau clones one cody and a UGH scorch =0. i bought all but the cody cause i already had them but still.

but yeah bacl to topic. 5 sandies :)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 5, 2006, 10:55 PM »
These have really shown up a ton again in KB, Target, and TRU and I've been picking up about 2 a day for the last week and a half.  I lost count, and have them stashed in too many places, but I'm up to about 50 and I'm not stopping until I can't find them anymore.

These are great for sandtrooper dios and stormtrooper invasion dios of any of the planets involved in the Galactic Civil War.

Speaking of which, did anyone else here pick up the New Essential Guide to Alien Species?  The Dresselian bio and pic rocks.  What a book.  He's holding a freakin' pump shotgun and the article talks about how they repelled the Empire with slug-firing weapons and guerrilla tactics, while rejecting blasters and technology.
« Last Edit: December 5, 2006, 10:55 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 7, 2006, 11:17 PM »
I found another pair at Target today... I think I have around 20 now.  I might turn a few of them into Stormtroopers at this point.