Author Topic: Favorite Geonosian???  (Read 2952 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Favorite Geonosian???
« on: May 21, 2003, 03:14 AM »
I was putzing with my Geonosian army tonight (I've come in at a surprising # of them, almost 20, which shocked even me...  Guess I just lost track), and I was kind of thinking about them...

There's already 4 versions of this figure, with a 5th on the way (the pilot pack-in who appears removeable with an oxygen mask!  Way to go Hasbro!), but I was curious what YOU guys would like?

Would you want a new one?  Or re-release a specific one that's already out?

The Geonosian wasn't particulary hard to find, and while I liked them, they're not really poseable.

What'd I'd like is to see the Deluxe one that came with slashing Anakin to be released on a card with a pike, and snap on body armor/skirt.

That one is my favorite, it's the most sturdy, has the best pose, and it pops apart for a sliced and diced version.  The wings would be removeable for customizers to make a wingless version, and I think the limbs would be poseable in a boil/freeze to make them able to hold rifles or electro-pikes.

The 2 carded ones just left me wanting more, as I felt the warrior, and warrior with Massif figures were flimsy (Mine are either deformed, or fall over), and their poses were awkward.

The deluxe one with the hive and gun has an ugly mechanism on his back to make the wings flutter, and his pose is specific to the plasma rifle they used.  

My other idea, instead of re-releasing the pack-in one from the Anakin/Geonosian 2-pack is to make an all new one using the armored body and give the NEW Geonosian bendable arms/legs ala the new Gollum figure in the Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers line of figures.

This way our Geonosians would pose any which way we wanted.  Pack in a rifle and pike, and make the wings removeable off the back...  Instant uber army builder.

There's something about that slash-a-part one though, that REALLY is neat, and I would love a big pile of hacked up Geo's lying about. :)  

On an unrelated note, those sample shots of the Geonosian fighter really looked great.  The ship looks 100% to-scale, the pilot appears like it's gonna be removeable and it may even have a removeable oxygen mask.  I really still can't get over that.  Why's the Clone Wars line getting such kick-@$$ attention to articulation and detail?  WOW!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Favorite Geonosian???
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2003, 10:51 AM »
I'm not too fond of any of them.  They all look absolutely incredible (the detail is awesome), but they don't stand up well at all.  Mine are ALWAYS falling over, and there's no good way to make them stand up.

I would love to see Hasbro make these so they could stand up.
dustrho

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2003, 08:07 PM »
Nice post JJ.

I would like an all new Geonosian too, and hopefully Hasbro would use some of your ideas.  The ones out now look great, but can barely ever stand.  It's so aggravating to walk into my Star Wars room and see 1/3 of my Geonosians lying down and a number of Battle Droids knocked over too...

:P

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2003, 09:03 AM »
 Why's the Clone Wars line getting such kick-@$$ attention to articulation and detail?  WOW!

I think the reason the Clone Wars line gets more attention to detail than the launch of the SAGA line is because of one word:  VOLUME.  A boatload of stuff came out with the launch of the SAGA line.  And with that boatload, it must've taken a lot of time and manpower to get it all ready for market.  I get the feeling that the reason why some of the initial SAGA offerings can be viewed as flawed is because there were too many items to get ready for April 23rd of last year.

On the other hand, there are less offerings for The Clone Wars launch than the SAGA launch.  This leads me to believe that Hasbro was better able to pay attention to detail in this new line.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2003, 12:32 PM »
Nice post JJ.

The ones out now look great, but can barely ever stand.  It's so aggravating to walk into my Star Wars room and see 1/3 of my Geonosians lying down and a number of Battle Droids knocked over too...

I only have three warriors out of their package, and just about every time I walk into my office there's at least one or two of them that have fallen.

"I've fallen and my shoes fell off." ---------- Jerky Boys
dustrho

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2003, 01:32 PM »
I think the original one has the best sculpt and detail, but the colors seem to be too green on all of them.  I believe they were more grey/brown in the film.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2003, 04:12 PM »
...but the colors seem to be too green on all of them.  I believe they were more grey/brown in the film.

The colors on these figures are definitely off a bit.  They were more brown in color, and the figures are a greenish color.
dustrho

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2003, 05:38 PM »
I am partial to the one that came with the Massif.  For some reason I like that one.  

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2003, 11:47 AM »
After really looking at the Geonosians onscreen, I'm not very happy with any of the figures released thus far. None of the figures look like actual creatures that are comfortable with their physiology like they did onscreen. The figures look like they're in a constant state of "flailing". I'd love an army builder geonosian that can stand almost at attention like the one standing guard outside Obi-Wan's cell when Dooku walks in.

There's no reason why we shouldn't be able to have a good Geonosian figure. I guess I blame it on the whole action-feature/pose tendency of the SAGA line. But now that that's over, I wish Hasbro would give us some good stuff.

And yes, the Geonosian fighter looks SICK!!! I never thought they'd make it.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram