Author Topic: Mr. Black's customs: Ven Zallow v4 update  (Read 121390 times)

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Incom's customs: RC-J1406 finished
« Reply #45 on: December 5, 2006, 04:29 PM »
wow that clone looks great. awsome work dude.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Incom's customs: RC-J1406 finished
« Reply #46 on: December 5, 2006, 04:48 PM »
Thanks for the feedback! It was a real pleasure making this figure, probably because most of it went quite smoothly. I'm really considering making three more of these, with this one being the squad leader....

But first, I'll make a fat guy.

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Incom's customs: update 12-30-06
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2006, 09:47 AM »
Here are two new customs. First, a quickly made Gnarls Barkley, as seen during the MTV Movie Awards. Search YouTube for "gnarls barkley, mtv" and you'll see what I mean. Nothning serious, just a little laugh:

Recipe:
Saga Vader: body
Mace Windu (Geo Rescue): head

Then I have the fat guy I mentioned in my previous post. He is Sibosa Scapr, a former bartender at the Mos Eisley cantina. He started out as a Twi'lek crime lord (for a Yakface competition), but saw the error of his ways and became a bartender  ;) :

Recipe:
Orn Free Ta: head, hands and feet (never thought I'd willingly take a peek under his robes for them  :-\)
POTF2 Malakili: body, arms, legs
Sculpted belt, buckle and towel.

As always, let me know you likes and dislikes!  :)

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2006, 02:06 PM »
 :o :o ;D ;D 8) 8)
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Incom's customs: Kass Tod (finally!) and my lil' girl!
« Reply #49 on: January 7, 2007, 10:40 AM »
I finally finished work on Kass Tod. It was quite easy after having found a suitable skin colour. I'm not 100% happy with one of her horns, but since I jammed pieces of paperclip in her pretty face and spent a lot of time adding the hair, I'll leave 'em like they are.

Recipe:
- head: POTF2 Slave Leia (heavily modded/repainted)
- arms: ROTS Saesee Tin (upper arms shortened a bit)
- hands: ROTS Agen Kolar
- torso: EP1 Adi Galla
- legs: AotC Obi-Wan Pilot
custom made leather Jedi attire
custom made hair

And not without some sense of pride, I present to you a custom inspired by my own lil' girl Linet Starbright (Linet's her real name, Starbright is fictional). She's 1+ right now, but I think this could be her as a young Jedi in a couple of years  :D Credits for this concept go to JediDre, who made a clone commander named after his son Kellen.

Recipe:
- head: G.I. Joe Scarlett
- body: Zett Jukassa

As always, I appreciate your thoughts and comments  8)

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 7, 2007, 07:04 PM »
Excellent work on Kass my man, she looks dead on. I like that thing you did with her hair. I can imagine how much of a pain that was.

The Linet figure is beautiful. Excellent job on her too. Inspired customs like this are wonderful to see. ;D

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 7, 2007, 07:55 PM »
Here are two new customs. First, a quickly made Gnarls Barkley, as seen during the MTV Movie Awards. Search YouTube for "gnarls barkley, mtv" and you'll see what I mean. Nothning serious, just a little laugh:

Recipe:
Saga Vader: body
Mace Windu (Geo Rescue): head

That is a thing of beauty.   :D

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 9, 2007, 04:19 PM »
Thanks D_E and JesseVader.

D_E: I got some comments about Kass' hands being too manly (they're from Agen Kolar, after all). I think I'll replace them with Adi Galla's. The hair was quite a job to do, but I'm very happy with how it turned out. I based the technique on how the hair on my daughter's Dora the Explorer backpack/doll was applied. Next time I'll try and make a tutorial, for those interested  :)

Jesse: yeah, it seems Screamin' Mace has a lot of potential for the customizing scene  8).

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 9, 2007, 10:18 PM »
OMG!! That Gnarles is awesome I dont know how I missed that.

ROTFLMAO!! That is excellent. ;D

At least someone found a use for that thing.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2007, 09:50 AM »
Great job on the thread for the hair on Kass. He is a very unique jedi. That pony tail is very cool. Did you glue it to make the thread stand up?

Linet Starbright is also a fantastic female jedi. You need to card her. Maybe you could photoshop an old picture of your wife as a little girl and put her head in a matching jedi outfit. It would be interesting to see in a few years if your daughter matches the card.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2007, 06:46 AM »
Kass Tod is awesome! It's nice to see more female Jedi. She was one of my favorites from the Padawan arc of the Republic comic series.
I remember my dream now.

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2007, 09:51 AM »
Phruby, MJ, thanks for the comments  :)

Phruby, the pony tail is made of several strands of sewing thread. I glued those together at the base. I then glued that base in the hole of Leia's head. Leia's slave pony tail has a peg, you see. After boiling it pops out quite easily. I glued the end of the pony tail on the back of her head, so that it would stay fixed in the loop position.

Hmm, interesting idea about carding Linet. I'll keep that in mind, should I ever become more adapt at working with Photoshop. Only recently discovered the art of making lightsabers  ;)

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Incom's customs: Dark Jedi Varan E'ron
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2007, 09:57 AM »
Here's Dark Jedi Varan E'ron. An average Jedi at best, he never emerged from the shadows of his more esteemed peers. Trying to prove himself while negotiating in a conflict between two hot headed land owners, he got horribly scarred when the not so happy land owner decided to teach him a lesson. Afraid to be mocked by his fellow Jedi, he never returned home. In fact, he exacted his revenge on the man who left him scarred for life, by killing his children, his wife and himself. He joined forces with the other land owner and helped him become a powerful warlord. Varan had discovered his dark side powers were quite prominent and he became quite skilled in using them.

Head: GI Joe VvV Tomax (?)
Body/arms: ROTS Ki-Adi Mundi
Legs: Ep1 Tatooine Darth Maul

LMK what you think  :)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 09:57 AM by IncomT65 »

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2007, 02:05 PM »
Here's Dark Jedi Varan E'ron. An average Jedi at best, he never emerged from the shadows of his more esteemed peers. Trying to prove himself while negotiating in a conflict between two hot headed land owners, he got horribly scarred when the not so happy land owner decided to teach him a lesson. Afraid to be mocked by his fellow Jedi, he never returned home. In fact, he exacted his revenge on the man who left him scarred for life, by killing his children, his wife and himself. He joined forces with the other land owner and helped him become a powerful warlord. Varan had discovered his dark side powers were quite prominent and he became quite skilled in using them.

Head: GI Joe VvV Tomax (?)
Body/arms: ROTS Ki-Adi Mundi
Legs: Ep1 Tatooine Darth Maul

LMK what you think  :)

pretty cool, i have to say the paint aps are a wee bit weak but overall still a very cool custom, i see clearly ki-adi torso/arms but what are the legs and head? basically, can i have a recipe?

great work and keep it up!  8)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2007, 08:54 PM »
 ;D ;D AWESOME!! ;)
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!