Author Topic: Mr. Black's customs: Ven Zallow v4 update  (Read 121254 times)

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Mr. Black's customs: Ven Zallow v4 update
« on: June 16, 2006, 10:23 AM »
Well, I joined recently, might as well showcase my second Galactic Marine, which I finished last night.

Personally, I think I could've gotten around the pauldron a bit tidier. I'm exceptionally pleased with adding the head and with the kama on this one. I named this one 'Scar', because of the little slip of the exacto knife on his helmet, while removing the Snowtrooper's rim. And yes, a customizer was hurt in that process  ;). I also made a scar on the clone's face, above his left eye.

Let me know what you like and/or dislike? I'm planning on making more of these, and I believe each should be an improvement over the other  :)
« Last Edit: April 1, 2014, 10:47 AM by IncomT65 »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Galactic Marine
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 10:34 AM »
That looks really, really good.  "Scar" - I like that.

Care to share the recipe you used?

:)

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 10:50 AM »
Thanks, Chewie!

I used the following parts:

Helmet, backpack: Saga Snowtrooper
Head: AT-TE Gunner
Torso, arms, belt, pauldron: Clone Commander
Waist, legs: Clone Pilot
Kama: made from a piece of an old blouse.

The bootstraps are those clear elastic bands that held ROTS Aayla in her package.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 10:50 AM by IncomT65 »

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 01:26 PM »
that looks really good. the kama inparticular is great. it dosn't match the armor, but i don't think that really matters much, it looks great ,very well done and unique. the helemt also looks good, i like that you used the whole plastic helmet instead of adding a soft goods face cover, good choice. thanks for showing it!
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 01:51 PM »
This one of my favorite GM customs, I just love the two-tone cloth kama...just great!
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2006, 04:26 PM »
Excellent job on this one. The soft good kama looks excellent. One of the better ones I've seen actually. Welcome aboard.

I have a small question though, Did you ahve any trouble attatching the torso to the waist? The transition looks flawless, ddi you have to do any work to make it fit?

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2006, 04:32 PM »
Nope, no trouble at all. The Clone Pilot has a waist with a belt cast onto it. It's one piece. I used my dremel to cut off that belt. The Clone Commander, as you probably know, has a smaller hip area where his kama/belt is located. I cut that off as well, just below the pelvis area. The Commander's pelvis is actually smaller then the Pilot's area, but the belt makes up for that. Reading this, it doesn't make sense to me, but I hope you get the picture.... a bit  ;D

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2006, 08:04 PM »
Actually no it does make a lot of sense to me. I my be attempting this Ive been wanting to do one for a while now, and I just so happen to have these parts extra. I think I'm going to give this a try. I really like the way yours came out. Thanks youve been a big help.

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2006, 01:00 AM »
That's nice to know D_E! But remember to use the Snowtrooper's armor instead of the Commander's. Here's why....

Offline Word_Weaver

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama! (Woah, that's what I was gonna put!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2006, 11:17 PM »
Looks great, the only thing I see is that you forgot to paint the green spots on the Commander kama.  :)

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Incom's customs
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2006, 03:51 PM »
I like the often used [username]'s customs idea for threads, so I renamed my earlier thread.

Here is my second custom figure (which came before that Marine I posted). Some members from theJawa already know the background story for this one, but I'll be glad to share it here also.

Apart from being a huge SW fan, I'm also highly interested in Formula One races. Last year during the Monaco GP (in May), George Lucas used that venue as part of his ROTS campaign. He made a deal with the Red Bull Racing Team to promote his film on their cars and crew. The crew were donned in Stormtrooper-like jumpsuits and their helmets were altered as well. An ideal project for me, being fan of both worlds.

So, here are the pics, as well as one with a visor-equiped helmet.

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2006, 03:59 PM »
Might as well add my first ever custom as well: the Galactic Marine (with bulb-neck). I had tons of fun trying out this new hobby (because that's what it is now). I didn't really look for tips and clues, but the fellas at TheJawa helped me out big time with their advice.

I had the most fun in just figuring out how one thing would fit on another. What if I sanded some more of this part, or if I turned it upside down. You know, just go along the way.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 03:59 PM by IncomT65 »

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2006, 08:19 PM »
Gotta love the Marines. The fine detail is great and the cloth kama is very cool. I really like the dirtiness to it.

one question though. is the backpack upside down or is that how the Marines had them?  ???

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2006, 07:04 AM »
Thanks for the nice comments Dimetrodon  :).

Indeed, the Snowtrooper's backpack is upside down, but the Galactic Marines' backpacks are very different from those. I don't have the material to cast parts, so I just decided to use what I had.

For future Marines I think I will use the backpack that came with POTJ Cold Weather Obi-Wan.

Offline Kit Fisto

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Tell your people to take shelter."
    • View Profile
    • Sofie and Jeffreys' Art/Custom Database
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2006, 07:30 AM »
I really like the marine dude. Great paint job and the removable helmet feature is awesome.
"You're right! The Wu-Tang and the Shaolin could be dangerous!!"

My Website

Me on Ebay