Author Topic: Mr. Black's customs: Ven Zallow v4 update  (Read 121388 times)

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Incom's customs Update 07-08-06: Jedi Master
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2006, 02:31 PM »
No problem, BrentS, just made a new topic of it  :)

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Incom's customs Update 08-13-'06: WIP Kass Todd
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2006, 04:35 PM »
Damn, it's been too long a period of non-customizing! All because of the heatwave of July here in Holland, which made working on the attic (my workspace) unbearable. But now that August is trying hard to be the wettest month of the year, I'm back at it.

I've been working hard on my Kass Todd figure, a hawt Zabrak Padawan from the Clone Wars/Republic comics. Her looks are based on her appearances in the Battle of Jabiim.

I chose POTF Slave Leia's head, because I like the angry look on it. Here are some pics of it with two pairs of Zabrak horns added.

Here are some reference pics I scanned from the Clone Wars TPB Last Stand on Jabiim:

Here are some wip pics of the rough assembly of the figure. Kass' hair is quite long (there's a tiny shot of her back in the comics), but not as long as you see now. I'll trim that later. I used Fritzkrieg's excellent tutorial to attaching ball jointed limbs on peg based bodies. Worked like a charm! Thanks man!
Although the shoulders look a bit bulky, that will be covered up with the leather vest Kass will be wearing. As always, let me know what you think of it so far!

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2006, 05:01 PM »
SWEET! Happy to see you are finishing this character Incom!  ;D
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline Kit Fisto

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Tell your people to take shelter."
    • View Profile
    • Sofie and Jeffreys' Art/Custom Database
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2006, 04:29 AM »
Wauw she's coming along nicely! Can't wait to see the finished product.
"You're right! The Wu-Tang and the Shaolin could be dangerous!!"

My Website

Me on Ebay

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Incom's customs Update 09-24-'06: Jedi Knight Szaru Faallor
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2006, 02:52 PM »
Wow, had to dig up my thread all the way from page 3  ;D. That's what I get for not updating for more than a month, ha! Kass Tod is slow on progress, due to difficulties in finding/mixing the right colour for her skin.

However, here's Jedi Knight Szaru Faallor, my entry for the September competition over at Yakface. Szaru was one of the lucky Jedi to receive the altered signal from Coruscant and acted accordingly. Like other 'fugitives' of the Empire, he stayed in hiding in the Outer Rim territories. He led numerous succesful uprisings against the Imperial oppressors and gained much love and respect from the locals. Of course, his presence did not go unnoticed by others either. After five years of rebelling against the Imperials, one of his 'loyal' followers led him to the wrong end of an infamous red lightsaber...

Parts used:
head, arms: GI Joe VvV Dr. Link Talbot
Torso: Saga Han Solo Bespin Outfit
Legs: ROTS Ki-Adi Mundi
Coat: GI Joe Monkey Wrench
Custom made leather belt, holster and two shoulder patches.

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Incom's customs: WIP RC-J1406: Jedi Hunter
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2006, 03:48 PM »
I thought I'd give you a quick glance at a special RepCom I've been working on: RC-J1406, a specially trained Commando, whose main job it is to hunt down Jedi. His cortosis alloy armour comes in handy at the job  ;)

He looks like a member from Omega Squad, I know, but I actually based this figure loosely on a Japanese character named Jin Roh. I'll add a wash and some dry brushing of course, as well as other details.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2006, 01:34 PM »
Just scroled through your customs and it was well woth the time. Very well made!

The new commando is looking really sharp too.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2006, 09:51 PM »
 ;DWow these are cool!! Since I'm trying to make more jedi,it helps too.So far i have a dresslian,duro,djas phur-I'm not really sure what spiecies he is. Bith,Squid head,wookie A'sharad Hett(tusken jedi) in the process of making a wolfman jedi but pics help alot and gives me ideas
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2006, 02:04 AM »
Thanks for the nice comments Anton and Deanna. Hope to see some of your Jedi soon, then, Deanna  :) It's always nice to hear someone say "hey, that's a cool idea, I'll have to try that."  :)

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2006, 02:17 AM »
Nice customs! Especally the Marine, Hasbro should of mage SG carma on the Marine & Airborne. :'(
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Outrider

• Jedi Initiate
  • IMPS RULE
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2006, 10:29 PM »
Lookin sweet man.  How did you modify that helmet?  Looks like a different visor.  It reminds me of Boba's or Jango's helmet a little.  Nice. 
NOTE TO HASBRO,
SA JANGO would sell quite well!

Offline RevengeoftheJedi

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2006, 10:47 PM »
Jedi Master on pg 2 looks like Cin Drallig (or however you spell it)

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2006, 03:40 AM »
I guess there's a bit of a couple of Jedi in my Jedi Master. I can see some resemblence with Cin, too:

Paul, I used a very small amount of putty to fill up the vertical bit of the visor. Nothing fancy, actually  :)

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Incom's customs: RC-J1406 finished
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2006, 05:03 PM »
I finished work on Clone RC-J1406, part of a specially trained group of Commandos, skilled in hunting down and battling Jedi. Like I said in my last WIP update, this guy wears custom made cortosis alloy armor, which can take a blow or two from lightsaber strikes  8). I got that idea from those nasty dudes in the game JK2: Jedi Outcast. He also carries a backpack which can supply him with some sort of stimulant that will enhance his reflexes and stamina. Pretty handy when fighting those pesky lil' Jedi. 1406 lost his left hand in one of those encounters and had it replaced with a robotic/cyborg hand.

Recipe:
- Scorch figure (obviously) with modified helmet
- AT-TE Gunner's head
- Saga/OTC Snowtrooper shoulder plates
- Cmdr. Bacara belt
- custom made kama by Outrider (thanks man!)
- Scorch missiles (backpack) with hose from Saga AT-AT Driver helmet
- shortened Clone rifle

As always, feel free to share your likes and dislikes  :)

Offline CloneCommander1

• Jedi Initiate
  • Oh no you did-nt!
    • View Profile
Re: Incom's customs: RC-J1406 finished
« Reply #44 on: December 4, 2006, 11:07 PM »
AWSOME!  I love that helmet deco, the shoulders are perfect, and the colors go together so well.  Not to mention all the cool acessories!  This is my favorite custom I've ever seen of yours, bravo!
It's not just football, it's Notre Dame football!