Author Topic: Mr. Black's customs: Ven Zallow v4 update  (Read 121405 times)

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Incom's Customs: Twi'lek Smuggler in memory of MercuryArtStudios
« Reply #135 on: August 17, 2011, 04:08 PM »
Here's a Twi'lek smuggler (based on a DeviantArtpiece by Greyskull) in memory of Michael Martinez, a.k.a. MercuryArtStudios. As you probably know, Mike was tragically killed in an accident with a drunk driver. This customs has recently been auctioned off and all proceeds will go to Mike's fiancée and their daughter.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 23, 2011, 09:40 AM »
Very cool smuggler. I like the use of the joe type body there. She looks like she can kick some ass and has that sexy Asian look to her. The Duro Spacer is also one of my favorites from your recent posts.

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 23, 2011, 10:04 AM »
Very cool new stuff there. I need to check more often.

Thanks Phruby! I need to update more often. But I'm a guy who's quick to start and slow to finish, so there's quite a few WIPs on the table, in various states of progression  ::)

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Incom's Customs: Star Wars WIPs: Mandos, Arkanian, Spacer 10/03/'11
« Reply #138 on: October 3, 2011, 07:07 AM »
Got some new Star Wars figures in the works.

This first one will eventually be Mandalorian Novoc Vevut. I have a CW Boba Fett coming my way, hopefully in time, so I can make Ghes Orade out of him!

Heavy Mandalorian, inspired by Deviantist Vinom11. A very early WIP, the only thing I've done so far is make a Jango Fett helmet higher and sculpt the top part of the visor.

Arkanian smuggler, inspired by SWAG artist Travis Moore. I used the head, torso and legs of Ms. Marvel, arms of Juno Eclipse and the feet of (I think) ROC Scarlett:

Last in line is this female spacer, based on artwork by Deviantist Yoitisl. She's not a Star Wars character per se, but the population in the GFFA is quite diverse, so I thought, what the heck. Body is 25th. Ann. Lady Jaye, lower legs of 25th. Shipwreck (or Cutter), 25th. Cobra Cmdr. (Battle Armour) feet, custom cast helmet from Clonehead (still had that, yay!) with tubes from some ROTS Firespeede pilots' backpacks:

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Incom's Customs: Mandalorian Novoc Vevut
« Reply #139 on: October 20, 2011, 07:26 AM »
Here's Mandalorian Novoc Vevut.

More pics on my Facebook page

Novoc will be part of a mini dio later on, teaching his adoptive son how to shoot :D

Recipe:
- ROC Reactive Armour Ripcord: head w/sculpted dreads
- TLC-ish Jango Fett: body, resculpted belt
- Animated Debut Boba Fett: helmet

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 23, 2011, 08:28 PM »
Wow those are really ambitious. I love those concept drawings. I think the female spacer is going to be my favorite.

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 28, 2011, 05:51 PM »
Thanks Phruby! Yeah, typical for me to add even more new projects to my ever growing collection of WIPs :D

I took a little detour and started messing around with the art of molding and casting. After one or two failed attempts I got the hang of it and produced five pretty darn good looking casts:

The first is a cast of a Snowbunny Padmé head, which I'll use to make a female AT-AT Driver.

The second and third are a modified Ki-Adi Mundi head and the neck post. I'll need five of these, to make the Brothers from Afro Samurai. I sculpted the thick eyebrows and ears and smoothed out the back of Ki-Adi's head. After that I made a cast of it.

The fourth is a Starkiller head, which I will resculpt into the Sithstalker head, with the helmet like add-on. I'll fix the little air pockets on his mouth piece as well. This is the only cast with air bubbles, by the way.

The last is a modified TCW Mace Windu head, which will become the head of Afro Samurai. I sculpted some big ass 'burns, but when I accidentally dropped it on my workbench, both sideburns snapped off! I superglued them back in place and decided to first cast that stage, before working on his huge 'fro :D

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 1, 2011, 12:01 PM »
commented more on your Mando at Yak...

Female AT-AT driver... that sounds interesting!  Can't wait to see that Incom!

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Incom's Customs: Sithstalker and Heavy Mando WIPs 12/18/'11
« Reply #143 on: December 18, 2011, 04:11 PM »

Here's an overview of some SW projects, including a Sithstalker head for a fellow customizer:

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Incom's Customs: Sithstalker and Heavy Mando WIPs 12/18/'11
« Reply #144 on: December 23, 2011, 01:40 PM »
Heavy Mandalorian is coming along nicely. Cool helmet for Sithstalker. It feels like a Cobra trooper to me.

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Incom's Customs: Female Jedi and battle damaged Spider Droid
« Reply #145 on: January 4, 2012, 05:08 PM »
Thanks Phruby  ;D I hope I can get around making the sides of that helmet. Will give it my best, of course!

As you'll probably know Yakface.com hosts an annual Secret Santa Custom round. Quite a few of us took part and made some great custom gifts for each other.

This is what I made for fellow customizer MrHoppers, a battle damaged Spider Droid and as a bonus a female Jedi Knight. The latter is a custom I made a few years ago, I must admit. I wanted to make a new Jedi, but you wouldn't believe the insane paint rub issues I experienced with that one. Because of the deadline, I opted to add an older quality custom, instead of a new one with a soddy paint job.

The Spider Droid is the Saga Deluxe one (I think), with the walking mechanism ripped out, damage effects using my Dremel and soldering iron and a bit of tubing on the under side. Repainted the entire thing in shades of green and added the obligatory weathering and battle marks.

Despite the pressure of the deadline (shipped Dec.17th., arrived Jan.3rd.) I had great fun making this one. I even thought of adding decals, inspired by that walker seen in Sucker Punch. But like I said, time wouldn't let me.

The Jedi is made from a 25th. Scarlett body, ROTS Shaak Ti skirt and VvV Bombstrike head. Fully repainted of course.

Anwyay, enough talk, here's the pics:

Additional pics can be seen on my FB Page

8)

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Incom's Customs: Female AT-AT Driver for Tamer from ISY
« Reply #146 on: February 9, 2012, 05:50 PM »
Here's a female AT-AT Driver for Tamer from ISY. During the CAFN interview he kind of asked me if I'd be willing to make a custom AT-AT Driver for him. I had this idea of a female driver for a while, so it was a perfect opportunity to make it happen:

Parts used:

- Saga '06 AT-AT Driver: helmet, chest box
- 25th. Lady Jaye: upper body
- 25th. Scarlett: head
- TLC Cesi Doc Edriss (sp?): arms
- ROC Cover Girl: legs
- ROTS AT-TE Driver: shoulder plates
- Marauder Inc.: blaster rifle

More pics on my Facebook page, of course:

:D
« Last Edit: February 9, 2012, 05:51 PM by IncomT65 »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Incom's Customs: Female AT-AT Driver for Tamer from ISY
« Reply #147 on: February 10, 2012, 09:19 AM »
Oooo. I really like that ATAT driver. That Spider droid looks great in green. I'd love to see Hasbro make that.

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Incom's Customs: Master Ven Zallow v2 04/03/12
« Reply #148 on: April 3, 2012, 07:33 AM »
Thanks Paul  ;D

Here's my second version of Master Ven Zallow, well known from the "Deceived" trailer. The parts are the same as the first one, but on the commissioner's request I made the armour a lighter shade of green. I sculpted the hair a bit differently as well this time.

In case you have missed my first version, here's a shot of him again:

Let me know what you think, always appreciated!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Incom's Customs: Master Ven Zallow v2 04/03/12
« Reply #149 on: April 3, 2012, 07:47 AM »
WOW.  These are all great, but the last two (AT AT Driver and Ven) are nothing short of amazing.  Great vision to come up with these and outstanding production.  Wow...I have to go look at them again!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today