Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A Sessions  (Read 307476 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Hasbro Q&A Sessions
« Reply #1005 on: July 8, 2009, 02:21 PM »
I'm not quite following how I'm reading more into it exactly.

First, Hasbro said this...

Hints taken..those are excellent figure selections. Right now we don't have a new Endor Commando slotted into the lineup, but it's only a mater of time before we get to them.

That's not really mixing words on their part, considering what I bolded for clarity.

They're not coming out tomorrow, no.  And they're not guaranteed because they're not given a hard timeline when they'll be out and that they're in production, etc...  But, they're definitely looking at them as strong contenders, and they worded it that I think they're all but confirmed, which suits me.  That's good news to me, and seems to back up what I said, which was this...

They're toying with us likely getting TWO new Endor Soldiers in the future?  And one is the trenchcoated Sergeant/squad leader!?  That friggin' rocks.  And Vinty guys have to love the notion of the open-camo coat guy from the vintage line also on the to-do-list!  He's seen best walking out behind Han from the Bunker when they all get caught.

I bolded it, for clarity, that I didn't claim these two as confirmed figures myself.  But strong contenders is a good thing considering I think many people really didn't consider the Endor Trooper high on Hasbro's list because of having one of the more "current" sculpts already with the last figure they did.  That they're strongly looking at two unique ones, including the vinty guy, is pretty sweet I think, and was better than the answer I was even hoping for! 

Actually I figured the vintage figure is something they were not considering, or considered "covered" with the original Endor Trooper, more or less.  They gave more of an answer than I even originally had hoped for.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: July 8, 2009, 04:22 PM »
Indications seem to be that Hasbro has pretty well planned out the Basic Figure linethrough 2010.  If we're going to speculate about the line in 2011 and beyond, then I think the Endor Rebels stand a good chance based on Hasbro's relatively positive response.  But with all of that in mind I wouldn't expect to see a new Endor Rebel for about 2 years.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1007 on: July 9, 2009, 02:09 AM »
Me either...  It's the mid point of 2009 now, so 2010's pretty well lined up and finalized...  Unless of course they were planning one of these all along of course, and just didn't want to divulge it in the Q&A...  That's probably less likely.  Regardless though, I'm pretty stoked that they've got the odds in their favor to happen eventually.  That's good stuff to me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1008 on: August 11, 2009, 02:49 AM »
A new round of Q's in, and a new round of A's out.  Just Click Right Here if you're interested in:

-Will we actually get Vintage, Early Bird, or Sandstorm Chewbacca in the Legends Line?

-What are the odds we'll see more ball/socket wrist joints like on the CW3D Clones, on other figures?

-And while we're on the subject of those types of joints, can you tell us how you do them since they're two types of plastic molded around one another?

All the answers to these questions are a mere click away...  OOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: August 12, 2009, 12:17 PM »
I just noticed that in this round of Q and A's, Imperial Shipyards got confirmation of a new Taun Taun on the way in 2010.  In their answer, Hasbro indicates that it is likely to be an exclusive - but hopefully it won't be too tough to find.  This, along with the already confirmed Snowspeeder, is one of the remakes I was hoping for the most from ESB - so I'm definitely looking forward to 2010.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: August 13, 2009, 11:02 AM »
Let's hope the Taun Taun doesn't wind up in the $30 camp like the Dewback.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1011 on: August 21, 2009, 03:15 AM »
Another round incoming, with another round outgoing...  Here's this week's!

-What was the official word, finally, on those Indiana Jones figures that miraculously appeared during San Diego Comic-Con?

-We all love getting $5 rebate coupons with our figures, will that keep up and what's the deal with it?

-Funeral Pyre Vader...  What's it costing us?

Read the full story By Clicking Right Here!!!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: August 21, 2009, 11:10 AM »
Good questions this time JD!  Feel bad for you Indy guys though. 
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1013 on: September 10, 2009, 07:32 PM »
The folks at Hasbro dished us a new trio of Q's with A's.

-Major Panno re-used?
-Death Star Technicians too?
-Rebel Pilots A Sub-Class?

All the answers to these questions are waiting if you Click Right Here!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1014 on: September 11, 2009, 10:48 AM »
I loved this exchange from RTM's Q&A:

Will any of the build-a-droid figures see re-release? (RTM, 2009-09-10)

It's possible that additional figures using the parts could be produced, but the characters themselves in the buildable format are confined to the Legacy/Droid Factory series and none of them will ever be re-released. The possible exception being HK-47, since he was the buildable droid in a very low-production wave. If we do re-release him, we would probably re-release the whole wave of figures he came with in a new package format.

Given the relatively low production numbers on the HK-47 droid wave, will we ever see HK-47 released again? Perhaps in an online exclusive with Darth Revan, Malak, and some other KOTOR characters? (RTM, 2009-09-10)

Right now there are no plans to release HK-47 again, but we are keeping our eye on this one. The one bright spot in this wave being the fact that there are up to twice as many HK-47s that can be built as any of the other characters released for the wave (the carry-forward figures in this wave also coming with "duplicate" HK-47 parts). The secondary market will come in handy in completing HK-47, as people open up the additional carry-forward figures to increase the available part pool.

Will you re-release any b-a-d- figures?
- Nope... except maybe HK-47.
What about HK-47?
- No plans to release HK-47 again.

:D
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1015 on: September 11, 2009, 03:10 PM »
Hah...

That's fantastic.

I was reading some of the other site's Q&A's out there, and I see there's some less than tactful questions this session. 

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: September 12, 2009, 10:37 AM »
Regarding the pilots, it's like how Hasbro's handling the vintage upgrades - they're nearly done with doing all the OT pilots, but they just have to string those last few along for as long as possible.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1017 on: October 3, 2009, 02:34 AM »
We've got another round of Q&A's for your viewing pleasure.  Click here to read 'em all!

-Republic Commando Updates?
-Boy that's a nifty new Sandtrooper, can we buy more?
-Where's the generic black TIE Pilot?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: October 3, 2009, 10:42 AM »
I guess that new sandtrooper is the ultra articulated Stomtrooper that's been rumored. Can't wait to see one on a single card.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: October 3, 2009, 02:52 PM »
I guess that new sandtrooper is the ultra articulated Stomtrooper that's been rumored. Can't wait to see one on a single card.

Haven't heard about that rumor, but it does sound like some pretty cool upgrades to the sandtrooper.  Too bad I already have 50+ prior versions that will one day be obsolete.   :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today