Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A Sessions  (Read 305807 times)

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Weekly Q and A
« Reply #105 on: July 1, 2006, 04:51 PM »
LOL.We'd all have a lot a hummers then.Maybe bring up the points for a figure thing again.That'd be worth the price instead of coins & holos. ::)
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #106 on: July 1, 2006, 07:20 PM »
LOL.We'd all have a lot a hummers then.Maybe bring up the points for a figure thing again.That'd be worth the price instead of coins & holos. ::)

You do realize he wasn't talking about the SUV, right?
"This is the way."

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #107 on: July 1, 2006, 11:05 PM »
The hummer idea is not bad but I have never seen a Hasbro Rep at a store or anywhere else that did anything for me.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #108 on: July 2, 2006, 03:54 AM »
LOL.We'd all have a lot a hummers then.

I'm already in for this plan... 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #109 on: July 3, 2006, 11:46 PM »
I don't know if anybody caught it, and I don't know if anyone cares anymore (thanks to MR's FX sabers), but in this week's Q & A, Hasbro revealed more about their new, spring-loaded role-play lightsabers that will be coming out this fall.

They're called "Force Action Light Sabers," and there's gonna be four of them--Vader, Obi-Wan (which I assume is Episode III and IV version), Luke's (dad's) blue saber, and a generic green Jedi saber.  The first three are due in October, and the green one will follow in November.

I've always been a fan of the role-play stuff, so I'm looking forward to seeing how different these are from the current sabers.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #110 on: July 4, 2006, 01:56 AM »
I noticed it actually but RP stuff doesn't tickle my fancy much so I guess I just glossed over it.  It's interesting though if they've figured out how to combine a completely collapsing blade with a light/sound mechanism as good and strong as the ones currently used.  Kind of a breakthrough for them considering how long they've milked the current sabers they have afterall.

If they look really nice (the hilts aren't TOO huge) I'll maybe get one to replace my Vader one I bought to mess with the kids.  Makes a great "get me a beer" stick.  :)  (j/k...  well, sorta)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 4, 2006, 11:51 AM »
I'll pass on the role play stuff, but I know a lot of people enjoy it.  Give me more attention to the 3-3/4" line and I'm happy.

:)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #112 on: July 6, 2006, 09:50 PM »
I'll pass on the role play stuff, but I know a lot of people enjoy it.  Give me more attention to the 3-3/4" line and I'm happy.

Chewie, right on.

But the current trend with all Boys action toys these days is role play. Its a new staple of EVERY figure line. They are more popular than evr before. Just look and you will see.
I do not mind the sabers at all, its the choppers, mini unleashed, the now defunct force battlers. Those things are the real waste of tooling dollars that would be better spent on 3.75 stuff.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #113 on: July 10, 2006, 10:13 AM »
I don't know if anybody caught it, and I don't know if anyone cares anymore (thanks to MR's FX sabers), but in this week's Q & A, Hasbro revealed more about their new, spring-loaded role-play lightsabers that will be coming out this fall.

They're called "Force Action Light Sabers," and there's gonna be four of them--Vader, Obi-Wan (which I assume is Episode III and IV version), Luke's (dad's) blue saber, and a generic green Jedi saber.  The first three are due in October, and the green one will follow in November.

I've always been a fan of the role-play stuff, so I'm looking forward to seeing how different these are from the current sabers.

RS now has images of the first three Force Action Lightsabers, boxed and loose.

The hilts look better, but the blades look dinkier.  And for Kenobi, they went with the Episode I and II hilt, but have Episode III Kenobi pictured on the box holding his Episode III saber.  Odd.

Eh, those kids won't notice.

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 10, 2006, 10:18 AM »
HUH???

The hilts are regular size, but the blade could suit a 12" inch figure! I thought the original concept was cool, but now I realize they are total and utter crap.
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #115 on: July 14, 2006, 04:10 PM »
The Hasbro QnA for JD from 6/30 has been posted:)

And, just a note that Hasbro is skipping the QnA again next week (because of Comic-Con and the live QnA).  We should be back on the weekly track though during the week after SDCC (7/28).
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 14, 2006, 04:17 PM »
Thanks for the heads up Jeff.  The first two questions were ones I was really looking forward to them answering someday.  Not the answers I hoped for, but nice to see the questions addressed.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 14, 2006, 04:42 PM »
Weren't we supposed to get double the answers this week since they skipped last week? Or is that another case of Rebelscum lying to us?

Interesting questions this week anyhow, and some actual answers for once.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 14, 2006, 07:34 PM »
I loved the question about sub-contracting out the playsets.  It was subtly snotty; almost a way of trying to make Hasbro agree that they're not capable of making product of that type!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline ddschneider1972

• Youngling
  • Go Bucks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 14, 2006, 08:24 PM »
Will someone ask this question next time:
Why did you let an intern design the new packaging?
...and not even a graphic design intern?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 08:25 PM by darth_schneider »
"Modern Collectors are just Walmart Shoppers" -The new SW "Fan Club" President

They are right, everything is big in Texas, even the defeats...The Buckeyes are (still) #1!!!!!!!!