Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A Sessions  (Read 305685 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Hasbro Q&A Sessions
« Reply #1080 on: December 10, 2009, 08:47 PM »
The mixed film waves starting spring 2011 was a very insightful answer.

Yeah, it looks like one last "hurrah" for each film in Fall '10/Spring '11 and then onto the mixed waves in late 2011.  Should be interesting to see how that plays out.

Is this a sign, beyond perhaps the Legacy slowdown having some impact, that the well's running dry?  It makes me think that's maybe more the issue and that it's tougher to make a solid wave dedicated to a film every time they put one out.  Some movies have more figure availability than others, but some just seem pretty tapped.  That ROTS wave really still has me thinking how bland it was.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #1081 on: December 10, 2009, 09:02 PM »
I think it's several factors, the ones you mentioned plus the popularity of the animated crap. I do not mind mixed waves so long as they seperate OT and PT. At this point I would be happy to hear more robust wave news.

According to a Q&A at Dewback Patrol we only have 24 Basic mainline figures coming in 2010. 4 waves 6 figures in each. This is just dreadful. Here it is:
1. With next years line up completed can we get some of my favorite info? How many Legacy figures? How many CW figures? What movies will be represented? How many waves? How many figures from each movie? How many comic packs? How many of the super build a droid figures that I hope continue? Any info would be great! Thanks!
– Dewbackunter

In the Legacy-type line, there will be one EU-focused wave to close out the red/white line look, and then a gap until August when the new movie-focused line will debut. This wave will feature the last of the buildable Droid Factory figures. In Fall, there will be waves for EpII, II, V, and VI (although not in that order) with about 24 new/retooled characters for Fall debuting along with a number of "greatest hits" (package refreshed) to round out the waves. There are about 32 new Clone Wars characters between spring and Fall. The last Comic Pack wave will be the Fall 2010 wave shown at Comic Con which will be out sometime in March; the Spring 2010 Comic Packs have been canceled, but we are looking for opportunities to bring these figures out in 2011.

No new DF until August. :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 09:09 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1082 on: December 10, 2009, 09:12 PM »
Honestly I'm ok with cutbacks.  24 seems low, but maybe it's for the best.  Especially if, once again, we're going to have a Fall season scrambling as wave upon wave back up into the system, and people are not finding this or that...

This was the first year since 1999 I haven't seen every figure on the pegs at least once.  That sucked hard, so I don't mind seeing them cut back if we're going to go all Summer without anything shipping.  Money saved I guess that I'll put towards more important stuff this year.  I'm ok with this...

And of course there's always exclusives to probably fill the voids.  Seems like it's been that way in 2009 anyway.  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #1083 on: December 10, 2009, 09:25 PM »
Hey there is some hope for more (sometime disbelieving can actually work)I just read their questions which answered the most questions in a Q&A. If you read the last sentence from the ADMIN it says:

I was told to disregard the first answer from Hasbro and that a new one would be sent soon. Stop back soon…

(That 4 wave/24 figure answer was the first question.......)

They had some of the most robust answers I ever read for the real insight of the current situation:
http://dewbackpatrol.com/phpBB4/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=160

Offline commandernarra

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: December 10, 2009, 09:31 PM »
Totally Gobsmacked by this answer of at YAK concerning this missing accessories in the MQ Boxsets
3: Since their reveal at SDCC, collectors who missed out on acquiring all of carded TAC McQuarrie Concept figures were overjoyed at being able to fill those holes with additions of the McQuarrie Signature Series boxed sets to their collections. Now that they have been released, those same collectors are in a state of disappointment as many of the accessories have been left out, leaving Jedi without the lightsabers, holsters without blasters to fill them and alternate head sculpts to never be displayed. What is the reasoning behind the short change considering the missing parts exist? Was it a costing issue? If so, why then were some of the figures repainted slightly from their original releases?

A3: The paint differences were not deliberate.  Nowadays, when we re-release figures, the factories have to create all new spray masks for figures if the figure has been out of production (as all of the McQuarrie figures had been).  As such, some differences, even if subtle, resulted.  This was not intentional.  Regarding the accessories, we are baffled ourselves as to why these were left out as the intention to was re-release the McQuarrie figures exactly as they were originally released. However, at this point there is nothing we can do, since we did not indicate on package that they come with anything beyond what is shown in package.
Baffled is their answer. Baffled. Who is running the show over there?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1085 on: December 10, 2009, 09:46 PM »
That is a weird one...  I thought maybe they'd offer a set of the accessories if you could prove you bought the set (a receipt or whatever) and demand a production of the unproduced accessories from the factory who made those sets and obviously have the molds for them.

That's a weird one if I ever saw it.  It really, to me, made those McQuarrie sets pretty pointless.  I pay $2 a pop for incomplete figures at the local toy show...  I wouldn't shell out money like that for incomplete ones still in the friggin' package.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1086 on: December 10, 2009, 10:07 PM »
Based on the responses this week, I think you were onto something with this question, Jeff.  I think the TESB wave Han Solo that Hasbro confirmed for next fall may very well be that Echo Base Hangar version.

A bit more from HH:

2. Again, a follow up from previous - no Bespin Han in 2010, eh? I have to tell you, that's a huge bummer to a big Han fan like myself. With the 30th Anniversary of ESB, I thought he'd be a lock for 2010. Now you have to tell me which Han we're getting in 2010 so I can regain confidence that my main man is going to be treated all right in 2010! If you can't tell us which Han it is, can you at least tell us the source he's from?

** Bespin Han has been pushed out to 2011, to make room for a *new* Han that we have not produced before. We can't tell you exactly which one just yet, but it is from a brief scene and features a new jacket. We were excited to be able to deliver some newness for next year with the 30th Anniversary of EpV on tap.

So... a new jacket?  I'd say that's even more evidence that it's Echo Base Hangar Han.  :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1087 on: December 10, 2009, 10:18 PM »
Hey there is some hope for more (sometime disbelieving can actually work)I just read their questions which answered the most questions in a Q&A. If you read the last sentence from the ADMIN it says:

I was told to disregard the first answer from Hasbro and that a new one would be sent soon. Stop back soon…

I just took that line to mean they were disregarding the first answer they got for question #3 (where the line was posted and hence why there is no answer posted for question #3), I don't think they meant to disregard the first answer to the first question.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #1088 on: December 10, 2009, 10:31 PM »
Again Hasbro is very forthright.  I'm glad the line is shrinking.  It is simply insane that it continues to field so much product, even in the midst of a downturn.  There are too many choices.  We missed the Octopurra Droid?  For $35, I don't miss it so much.   A couple great exclusives, with some great figure waves is really all we need.  I don't blame Hasbro for all they do, but it's all at once and it's overwhelming.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #1089 on: December 10, 2009, 11:43 PM »
I am really bummed at the slowdown as well as a small basic figure offering for the old mainline. I do not welcome this news and actually think it will hurt the line in the long run. Many collectors are going to lose interest if they continue down the path of this 4th quarter dry 6 month period crap. I really hope they have some good exclusives during the drought and really hope to see the heavily rumored AT-AT.

In regards to Han, it's a pretty stupid choice if you ask me. While I am sure he will look nice that version should be slotted for 2011. It's the 30th annv of ESB for God's sake and we get yet another Hoth Han. We got two of them in Legacy and one in Saga2. Enough already, I do not want to see another Hoth Han until they redo the Taun-Taun.

I should not be surprised as Hasbro said they think Queen Apailana would make a great figure. So far I am not digging the prospects of 2010 (Yes, I know i sound like Debbie Downer). I really hope they pull out some magical **** like WM Jabba/Dias, BMF AT-AT, Hoth Troopers to make up for this. I am not down with the cartoon figures.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: December 11, 2009, 09:04 AM »
A lot of disappointing news in this weeks rounds. Perhaps the most disappointing (for me) is the lack of the scanning trooper variant this and next year confirmed by Han's hideout. That means I'll have to pick up a few more of the current version.  :(
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #1091 on: December 11, 2009, 09:38 AM »
A lot of disappointing news in this weeks rounds. Perhaps the most disappointing (for me) is the lack of the scanning trooper variant this and next year confirmed by Han's hideout. That means I'll have to pick up a few more of the current version.  :(

Damn right we got a lot of terrible news out of this weeks Q&A:
- EU wave is the last wave until august.
- EU wave is the last BAD
- Scanning crew 2 is TBD
- 24 New Figures in 2010
- Han Bespin is 2011 but we get yet another Han Hoth before him. Whoopie dee his Jacket is open and comes with a pair of gloves to berate a Deck officer.
- Comic packs RIP.
- Battle Pack - pure reissues.
- Less production runs of waves

I really hope they have the BMF AT-AT on tap because I need a cheer up. I am honestly saddened/depressed by a lot of this weeks news.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: December 11, 2009, 09:43 AM »
I'm disappointed by the delay in the Scanning Crew variant as well, but I'm actually happy that they are cutting back on movie figures. 24 seems small, but at least it isn't the overwhelming numbers we've been getting since 2005.

I'm actually stoked about the deck outfit Han. If they could put a Taun Taun wrangler in the mix, that'd be awesome.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: December 11, 2009, 10:25 AM »
Yep, there is going to be a big ole TLC drought next year after that EU Wave hits. I can't imagine having to wait until AUGUST for new figures! That sucks!

I'm wondering if the 32 TCW figures they are counting from spring to fall is the whole batch for 2010 or if it omits stuff coming out in Jan/Feb or Nov/Dec.

And again, quit crying about the Octuptarra Droid, Hasbro. I bought the first one I found and would love to add another, but Walmart seems content to let this gather dust on their shelves rather than drop the price in store. $35 is just too much.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #1094 on: December 11, 2009, 10:30 AM »
And again, quit crying about the Octuptarra Droid, Hasbro. I bought the first one I found and would love to add another, but Walmart seems content to let this gather dust on their shelves rather than drop the price in store. $35 is just too much.

Seriously, I bought three of those bitches. I only opened one. It's too big to display all three in my set up. It really is great but they went overboard with exclusives and not enough basic figures throughout the year. If you do not maintain the bread and butter of the line do not be surprised that collectors lost interest in some of these.