Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A Sessions  (Read 305779 times)

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Q&A Sessions
« Reply #1110 on: December 13, 2009, 11:22 AM »
As much as I've loved the Q and A sessions both for their informative value and Hasbro's willingness to communicate with us, I also regret the general doom and gloom answers and their insistence on catering to the supposed kids overwhelmingly compared to the older collectors.  Good character selection and reasonable prices keep the movie lines going, not being able to sell the other line so that this one survives.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1111 on: December 13, 2009, 11:09 PM »
Yeah they are all doom and gloom. It sucks abou tthe scanning crew member, the loss of future EU figures, no more BAD, and maybe not even getting those comic pack figures soemwhere else. I have stopped buying the clone wars figures and just the legacy stuff yet they dont seem to think that the saga legends are a problem.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: December 13, 2009, 11:39 PM »
I think the upcoming mixed waves will present *SOME* hope for EU figures.  I think it may prove easier for Hasbro to mix in one EU figure into a wave of movie based figures rather than having them try to sell retailers on an entirely EU based wave or exclusive comic packs.

It also sounds like Hasbro is trying to get EU back in the mix through the video game angle.  The Force Unleashed wave did pretty well, as did KOTOR based figures like Darth Revan and Darth Malak.  And they mentioned in this last session that video games still present some promise for them in the EU realm.  Just look at the upcoming Force Unleashed battle packs that are set to launch in the spring.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1113 on: December 13, 2009, 11:57 PM »
The Force Unleashed wave did pretty well, as did KOTOR based figures like Darth Revan and Darth Malak.  And they mentioned in this last session that video games still present some promise for them in the EU realm. 

With TFU2 getting announced this week for late 2010 and lots of hype out there for the upcoming SWTOR video game, I'm sure both of those are being looked at for figures for 2011 and the mixed waves (if not box sets exclusives before that). 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: December 14, 2009, 12:06 AM »
That was definitely something that came to mind for me.  What I'm wondering?  How closely will Hasbro be able to tie-in to that TFU 2 release?  They had the original TFU figures on display at Toy Fair in February 2007, IIRC.  The figures eventually came out in the spring of 2008, but the game was delayed until at least fall 2008.  One would certainly think that the lead time is there for Hasbro to produce a wave of figures or a TFU2 battle pack.  But video games are notorious for missing their release dates.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: December 14, 2009, 02:01 PM »
The Force Unleashed wave did pretty well, as did KOTOR based figures like Darth Revan and Darth Malak.  And they mentioned in this last session that video games still present some promise for them in the EU realm. 

With TFU2 getting announced this week for late 2010 and lots of hype out there for the upcoming SWTOR video game, I'm sure both of those are being looked at for figures for 2011 and the mixed waves (if not box sets exclusives before that). 

Speaking of TFU2, wth was that creature that totally pwnd the Rancor? Cripes that thing was friggin' HUGE! Now I want THAT for a toy Hasbro! lol (no seriously I do!)
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #1116 on: December 14, 2009, 02:08 PM »

Speaking of TFU2, wth was that creature that totally pwnd the Rancor? Cripes that thing was friggin' HUGE! Now I want THAT for a toy Hasbro! lol (no seriously I do!)

It'd probably do as well as that TFU Rancor did.  :P
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1117 on: December 21, 2009, 09:08 PM »
A new round of Q&A...

-Jedi Robes and unlit hilt accessories rock...  will we see them more?

-The actual future of the EU and Collecting?

-Republic Commando updates and improvements?

Click here to read the answers!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: December 22, 2009, 12:28 PM »
One thing I wondered when reading this round of Q and A's again, and noticing (again) all of the mentions of stuff "coming Fall 2010"....not that this is unusual (the big break), as we've been seeing it a lot lately - but there seems to be a lot of seperation on the way between CW and TLC (or whatever it is to be called), as well as rumors of a "vintage look" to the line.  Also, we seem to be seeing more mainline OT stuff (Cloud Car and Snowspeeder are already confirmed) than we usually do, with a new Jabba possible next holiday season, as well as other "surprises".  I wonder, and I have no facts to base this on at all, if we might possibly be seeing a blu ray release of the Saga next Fall/Christmas time.  It could coincide with the big "new" line launch in the Fall, I think Celebration V is in August, and it (the Saga on blu ray) is long overdue anyways.  Anyways, just a guess, and we could continue to wait for all I know - but it would be nice.

Also, as a side note, I'm still wondering what sort of "surprises" we'll have in store for next year.  Hasbro keeps mentioning (and again this week) how there will be a nice focus on ESB for the anniversary - but so far we know there will only be one wave of figures for that movie, and aside from the two new vehicles that are now confirmed (Cloud Car/Snowspeeder), I'm wondering what else could be on the way.  The Taun Taun was supposedly tabled, and recent Slave 1/AT-AT rumors have cooled as well.  Should be an interesting Toy Fair.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: December 22, 2009, 04:24 PM »
I'm wondering about the action figures next year and the separation you mention.  The answer to Jedi News this week is a little cryptic on that topic, but does confirm that the new blue, cloudy, Captain Rex box art is going to be across most of the lines starting next Fall.  Why they do say that the "exact" TLC replacement line look will debut at Toy Fair, I have to wonder if they'll make a radical change to just that one line when the Captain Rex look sounds as if it's going everywhere else.

Even the Lego OT sets have that deco in the leaked photos from last week.

I'm wondering if this admission to Jedi News in any way contradicts what Hasbro said earlier in the year that they were looking at ways to better differentiate the Legacy figs from the CW and Legends (since Legends is intended to back the CW line more than Legacy).  Would it be possible that Hasbro would throw the new packaging we've seen on everything but the Legacy line and go with a vintage type card just for one assortment?  We should know in about 2 months.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: December 24, 2009, 08:40 AM »
It sounds like they are going to make more recognizeable EU figures like Guri.  I would be all for that.  While they are it they can add Joruus C'Baoth.  I am sure there are people that don't know who either is but at least both are main characters in their respected stories. 

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: December 24, 2009, 09:36 AM »
I hope the carded figure differences are indeed going to be drastic like Hasbro indicated/promised in a previous Q&A.

It still isn't going to make a difference when clerks at most of the box stores are stocking the figures, but at places like Target and TRU where they WILL take a inventory barcode and investigate whether they have any more, it will make things easier for us collectors who take a few minutes to "organize" the pegs and clearly show that they could use a peg refill for either line.

I'm holding out hope that even the Legends line will be a third different cardback style - though with all of the repacks Hasbro keeps hinting at for the Legacy line, I'm shocked they still remain comitted to having a third line in play at all...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1122 on: January 22, 2010, 02:36 PM »
A quick update for the JD faithful -

Good News:
- The Hasbro Q&A program returns for 2010 with 12 sessions planned for the year (about 1 per month, give or take some weeks here and there for holidays and conventions).

Bad News:
- For 2010, sites will be limited to just two questions per session.  :(

Look for Q&A sessions to start appearing again the week of Feb 1st!
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1123 on: January 22, 2010, 05:38 PM »
Hasbro's as tired of hearing the same questions repeated over and over as we are, perhaps?  ;D
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: January 22, 2010, 06:20 PM »
It's not like we are going to ask for the ICMG again. >:D
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours