Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A Sessions  (Read 305717 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Q&A Sessions
« Reply #1230 on: September 16, 2010, 10:08 AM »
In was disappointing for me to read from Raving Toy Maniacs QnA that a rerelease of Jabba's "creature pack" isn't in the works.  This is still one of my the few pieces on my "need to get list".  I am, for the current time atleast, refusing to pay the current after market price for this item.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1231 on: September 21, 2010, 09:11 PM »
Hey guys,

I just wanted to post this, and I'm not going to copy/paste the email I received, but I thought I should address the group as a whole on our forums about this matter.

Hasbro has requested (through the PR firm which they communicate to all outlets through) that we ask that our readers and forum members PLEASE don't contact any Hasbro team member/employees about the Star Wars (or other) brands.  I don't know why we received this, and I'm assuming it's not due to someone on our site but rather someone else's, but essentially I'd say someone has gotten ahold of the phone number or email address of people (or an individual) who works for the Star Wars team, and are trying to do a private Q&A or chat session with them.

Hasbro really likes keeping the lines of communication open, but obviously they work pretty busy jobs, and they prefer that we keep all communication lines between the "Point person" of each website (In the case of Jedi Defender, I handle all brands except Marvel), and the company.  We actually do all our communication through Hasbro's PR firm as well, so it's not like we have the ears of the Star Wars brand team at any point that we wish either.  ;)

Again, I am doubting this email's necessity came about because of someone on our site, but I still wished to convey Hasbro's thoughts to you guys, as was requested.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1232 on: September 22, 2010, 12:28 AM »
Guess you're going to have to hold off on the continued threats over the Rebel Fleet Trooper Jesse!   :-X
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1233 on: September 22, 2010, 02:06 AM »
;D

Swear it wasn't me...  From what I hear, my prayers are being answered soon.  I just hope expectations are met.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Hobbie

• Jedi Initiate
  • Astromechs never pegwarm.
    • View Profile
    • Star Wars Astromechs
« Reply #1234 on: September 22, 2010, 11:24 PM »
Is it possible to attach a photo to a question sent in in a Q&A?

I keep coming up with questions about characters (okay, astrodroids) that don't have names, and are seldom pictured anywhere but on my own webpage.  Without a pic, I'm sure Hasbro would have no idea what I'm talking about.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: October 12, 2010, 10:29 AM »
Hopefully we are getting something today.  RS.com made a posting on their front page but when you click the link all it says is "blah".  So its a placeholder of sorts for news to come probably/hopefully sometime today

edit:  meh they took the link to "blah" down. 
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 11:31 AM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1236 on: October 12, 2010, 11:35 AM »
The latest round of answers was due yesterday, but like every other session this year, the answers were obviously delayed...  

That RS post must be an "oops" - he probably meant to write a draft to prepare for later in the week, but accidentally posted it.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 11:36 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #1237 on: October 12, 2010, 12:03 PM »
I partially blame the glut of unestablished sites that joined in recent the months for the delays. There should have been some kind of stricter requirement from Hasbro to engage in these in my opinion.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: October 21, 2010, 02:48 PM »
so, if Hasbro gets these out tomorrow they will almost only be two work weeks late....  seriously would appreciate some 411.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #1239 on: October 21, 2010, 02:50 PM »
I foresee Hasbro doing 100 rounds of these and then dropping the program.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: October 21, 2010, 02:54 PM »

wow, that number is approaching fast...  that would be sad indeed.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: October 21, 2010, 03:21 PM »
They really should have put a cap on participating sites.  I'm sure that's what's bogging them down.....
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1242 on: October 21, 2010, 03:38 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised either.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: October 28, 2010, 12:48 PM »
finally the QnA is coming out - Scum just posted theirs.    :)

wave 5 pics today?  I hope so!  but they weren't attached to the Scum QnA.   :(

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #1244 on: October 28, 2010, 02:55 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised either.

"Since the line has lost so many collectors that we could not lure back, we feel that we need to concentrate on rebuilding the brand. We feel it's best to focus on just Clone Wars (which is also struggling since the cartoon plots revolve around tainted soft drinks in the intergalactic school system) and NOT continue the Q&A sessions. After 100 sessions we feel this is a great way to bow out, for now. We here at Hasbro know how important you are and one day we may bring back this terrific forum. We thank you for submitting your questions, many of which we did not answer clearly. We also know it's YOUR fault for not supporting the brand. If only you purchased another Saesee Tiin, Moff Jerrjerrod, Yarna, the $70 Imperial Arc, the Power Ranger Crimson Guard pack, the Eclipse Tie Fighter with no Astromech socket, Steakhouse Waiter attire Wedge comic pack and the Gelegrub Battle pack we would not be in this situation. Did we mention, it's your fault? But hey, we truly appreciate the support that you did give us. (BTW - We decided to shelve the Vintage line until the following year when the movies are rereleased again. Have a nice day!"
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/