Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A Sessions  (Read 305751 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Q&A Sessions
« Reply #1365 on: August 11, 2011, 09:52 AM »
Maybe a reboot after Lucas dies, like they did with Star Trek. Recast with the disney channel regulars and make Justin Bieber the new Luke.

Where's the vomit avatar?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: August 11, 2011, 11:21 AM »
I can't see the line ending either, not for a long time.  As long as there's profit to be had by both Lucasfilm and Hasbro, the line will continue. 

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: August 11, 2011, 11:13 PM »
When Lucas decides to turn the live action series into another trilogy everything will be just fine  ;D

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: August 12, 2011, 09:46 AM »
It's definitely amazing to see how many movie toy lines come and go but SW keeps on chugging along.  And it continues to be a top earner.  This 2007 article from Forbes addresses the overall earnings of the films along with all of the merchandising, and 4 years ago it was in the $22 billion range.  So as long as it remains profitable for both Lucas Licensing and Hasbro, I think we're going to see the line continue.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: August 12, 2011, 06:57 PM »
When Lucas decides to turn the live action series into another trilogy everything will be just fine  ;D

This is probably pretty close to the truth.

Eventually, and it probably won't be until near the end of this decade, Lucas will decide that more live-action Star Wars (movies or maybe even TV) is needed to truly keep the "Star Wars is Forever" thing going.

As horrible as it is to say, I think we're definitely in for more stuff once Lucas passes too. It's not like Lucasfilm is going to be like "oh well, no more Star Wars". Even if they just start to mine the EU and focus on the stuff that on a high-level he approved.

We could end up with a situation like what happened with Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - Roddenberry had passed on, but before he died, he had been in discussions about the possibility of doing a Trek show set on a space station, so the same could happen with Star Wars - ideas Lucas had bounced around in various discussions/meetings/etc... could be fleshed out and turned into movies.

A trilogy of movies based on The Force Unleashed games or one based on the KOTOR games would be easy and there is enough story in both of the two games released that a third movie could easily be written for either storyline that brings everything from the two games together in a satisfying conclusion. And either trilogy could still bare the name "George Lucas" since he was involved in the approval process of both storylines.

And if games aren't a good enough source, then do what Marvel is doing, mine the comics. Heck - release a super-realistic 3D animated feature that brings Shadows of the Empire to the big screen - almost like Star Wars: Episode 5.5.

As long as Star Wars makes money - whether that be movie ticket sales, TV ad-revenue, merchandising, or books/comics - Star Wars will keep going for a long time to come.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: August 12, 2011, 07:49 PM »
Why can't Lucas make something else? What happen to all those great ideas for movies he never made? What all we get from that is Willow and Howard the Duck?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: August 12, 2011, 09:16 PM »
Why can't Lucas make something else? What happen to all those great ideas for movies he never made? What all we get from that is Willow and Howard the Duck?

Like Red Tails?   Check out the trailer.  George Lucas was Executive Producer and writer on this upcoming release
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: August 13, 2011, 12:24 AM »

You forgot the Radioland Murders.  ::)

Besides American Graffitti and MAYBE Willow, when is he going to get it that he is "The Star Wars guy" and stick with just that? And even then, he'd be best off coming up with story ideas and letting other individuals write the screenplays and direct the movies...

And since "Red Tails" is based on the Tuskegee Airmen, which is a great WWII story to tell, it's something that actually happened. So if someone else wrote the screenplay of this movie and someone else directed it, how much of the "story" could Lucas have actually come up with? I suppose he could have added that one of the Tuskegee Airmen was strong in The Force and destroyed Hitler's "Death Star" or something, but frankly, there are very few creative liberties you can take.

To me when he spends time on stuff like this, it's like when Michael Jordan went to play baseball. While the politically correct thing to do was wish him well and call him brave for trying his hand at another pro sport. Most people were really just thinking "huh?!?!?!" and as it turned out, their instincts were right.

I think it would have made more sense had he worked on Willow 2: The Revenge of  Cherlindrea's Brownies instead of working on Red Tails.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 12:25 AM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: August 13, 2011, 01:33 AM »

I bet he'd sooner remake A NEW HOPE. It'll happen within ten years...it's inevitable....it is our destiny...

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #1374 on: August 13, 2011, 10:40 AM »
I don't doubt that the stories in the OT and PT will be remade one day.  I'm pretty sure tha TCW has at least two more seasons, and then I bet they move into another era.  Either something very old, or something between E3 and E4.  Also, I think Filoni and staff has shown enough smarts that they could create something from scratch.  Some era that hasn't been done to death in EU.

Also, if the movie stories are ever redone, I'd love to see them animated like the CW.  Imagine ANH stretched out like in the radio drama...I think there's some cool very cool ideas that could easily keep SW alive and current for another 10 years.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: August 13, 2011, 02:11 PM »
Its about time Lucasfilm made something besides Star Wars. Red Tails looks good but a little Speilbergish.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: August 13, 2011, 02:41 PM »
And if games aren't a good enough source, then do what Marvel is doing, mine the comics. Heck - release a super-realistic 3D animated feature that brings Shadows of the Empire to the big screen - almost like Star Wars: Episode 5.5.

I'd LOVE for them to do this. Work with Bruce Timm the DC Animated Universe guys and make some animated features based on Shadows of the Empire, the Thrawn Trilogy, maybe Crimson Empire, etc. I'm sure they could even get the original actors to reprise their roles for voice overs.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: August 17, 2011, 01:33 AM »
I would love George Lucas for forever plus more if he made movies based off the Star Wars 'Legacy' comics, probably Dark Horse's finest Star Wars storyline to date, set 150 years after ROTJ...

Please, Mr. Lucas, PLEASE!! ;D
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 01:34 AM by Jabba the Slug »
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline CloneAlpha

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: August 25, 2011, 12:49 PM »
Maybe a reboot after Lucas dies, like they did with Star Trek. Recast with the disney channel regulars and make Justin Bieber the new Luke.

Where's the vomit avatar?

The sad part is that with Justin Bieber as Luke, the movie would probably do fantastic... think of all the teenage girls who'd show up screaming... and I'd be right there along with them screaming (but at the horror, oh the horror...)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1379 on: September 7, 2011, 11:58 PM »
New Q&A's back.  Ours will get posted soon here.  I see JTA's got a complete breakdown of TVC numbering, and Sandtroopers noted that the exact change-over from vintage to a new packaging will be shown at NYCC.

Interesting news...  JTA's numbering breakdown listed a "Deleted Scene Rebel Trooper" which has my giddy meter high.  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77