Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A Sessions  (Read 307555 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Hasbro Weekly Q and A
« Reply #300 on: November 7, 2006, 06:31 PM »
Not fishing for compliments here, fellas--just trying to gauge the interest in the archive.

At any rate, the feedback is appreciated, and more is certainly welcomed.

After all, the future of the Q & A archive may depend on you!

(Not really.)
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 8, 2006, 09:13 AM »
I, for one, look forward to reading the Archives when they are updated and referring back to them from time to time.   I greatly appreciate the compilation of having the entire gammut of questions in one place rather than having to go to 12 different sites to see what the Questions and Answers are!

Thanks for making it avialable to us!

Oboewan
« Last Edit: November 8, 2006, 10:57 AM by Jeff »
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #302 on: November 8, 2006, 11:34 AM »
I, for one, look forward to reading the Archives when they are updated and referring back to them from time to time.   I greatly appreciate the compilation of having the entire gammut of questions in one place rather than having to go to 12 different sites to see what the Questions and Answers are!

Thanks for making it avialable to us!

Oboewan

Thanks, I guess, but that doesn't really answer my question at all.  Just wanting to know what you guys like more--the categorical side, or the chronological side.

A simple "categorical" or "chronological" would more than suffice.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 8, 2006, 12:50 PM »
Chronological is best.

(Insert "thank you for doing it" comment here)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 8, 2006, 04:56 PM »
Chronological....(now I have to go change my IP so I can log back in and ROCK THE VOTE)

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #305 on: November 10, 2006, 10:00 PM »
The Hasbro QnA for JD from 10/27 has been posted...

- Galactic Marine details! (to be fixed soon)
- Two Droids for Ilum!
- Clean Tantive Stormtroopers!
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #306 on: November 10, 2006, 10:47 PM »
Good news on Ilum and Tantive BP's.  I noticed on FFURG's questions they said that the moisture vaparator will come with Luke next year.  That will be cool (especially if there's something newish about him).

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #307 on: November 12, 2006, 09:28 PM »
C'mon.  How are they going to get a moisture vaporator in there with Luke that will be ANYWHERE near the proper size?  I'm sure it will be tops about 5 inches tall, when it should be about 10.  I don't mean to sound crabby, but it's just going to be silly. 
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #308 on: November 13, 2006, 03:57 AM »
Wow, what a week of already-asked-questions getting re-asked by sites...  That and smarmy attitudes seemed to come through on some q's I noticed.  But the rampant re-asking of questions other sites already asked is just really nuts this week...  Hell one site re-asked its own question I think.  I saw a couple in there that JD had already asked though and yet they still got re-asked with absolutely no new information given.  Incredible, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised honestly.

The Vaporator's cool news to me because I've always looked at them as varying in design, looks, and then of course height...  That said, I don't expect this to be to-scale to the one Luke's working on in the cut footage either.  More importantly to me, I hope the Luke's that definitive Tat Luke we've REALLY been in need of.  The Farmboy Luke to end all Farmboy Luke figures...  This last one with poncho and hope chest is hands down the worst one since the original POTF2 figure and the VOTC one is riddled with flaws even to the staunchest of softgoods fans.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 13, 2006, 10:18 AM »
Yeah, we are getting a lot of repeats at this point it seems.  Great job with the questions here again at JD - good job guys.  A few other things I noticed from the Q and A this week:

*15 planned comic packs for next year
*"Final 22" running from approx. December until the end of March 07, then 30AC starts
*V-Wing and Sith Infiltrator are the "new" vehicles next year, so I guess the rest are repacks/repaints

I'm a little disappointed that we might not be seeing the new line until March or so next year.  Maybe that won't be accurate, but we'll see.  I guess it might be good from the aspect that this "last wave" won't be as tough to find as it has in past years.  Also a little disappointing that we already know of the only two new vehicles we're getting next year.  Not surprising I guess, and at least there is something new on the way.  Lots of comic packs too the way it sounds, I didn't think there would be that many.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #310 on: November 13, 2006, 11:46 AM »
Wow, what a week of already-asked-questions getting re-asked by sites...  That and smarmy attitudes seemed to come through on some q's I noticed.  But the rampant re-asking of questions other sites already asked is just really nuts this week...  Hell one site re-asked its own question I think.  I saw a couple in there that JD had already asked though and yet they still got re-asked with absolutely no new information given.  Incredible, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised honestly.

There was, however, one question that's never before been asked, which has actually inspired me to come up with something new for this week:

The Worst Question of the Week Award!

What are the chances of seeing a relaunch of the Collector Fleet series (the larger, electronic starships of the Rebel Blockade Runner, Imperial Star Destroyer, & the very-rare Super Star Destroyer from '96), with new entries such as ROTS ships like the Venator Class Star Destroyer and The Invisible Hand? (SSG, 11/10/06)

They don't fit any of the strategies we have, so there are no plans for their re-introduction.

Congratulations, SSG, you've wasted a question on the revival of a line that failed miserably at retail nine years ago!  A line which did so poorly in 1997 (back when SW was really hot again and everything was selling--up before the Episode I bust) that only two of the four items ever saw a wide release at retail.  The third was nearly-impossible to find, and the fourth was outright cancelled. 

So yeah, let's ask about more of those boring Collector's Fleet ships.  You never know, they may have just been ahead of their time.  Maybe next week we can ask when Hasbro might return to the days of the super-buff, six-points of articulation figures.

Crossing my fingers!

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #311 on: November 13, 2006, 05:15 PM »
I remember these things warming the shelves at $5 a pop.  I like mine but that is it.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #312 on: November 14, 2006, 02:53 AM »
I'm a little disappointed that we might not be seeing the new line until March or so next year.

Not me!  :)  A long drawn out period to find everything, do a little army building hopefully, and if you find it all fast you can get some downtime after the holidays on massive spending sprees...  That's not a bad deal to me.  I like the idea of figures at the end of the line/year shipping a while though into the following year...  I mean, just thinking of last year here, I was really SOL on finding everything I wanted for the most part.  I got my ass out of bed for a sale on Black Friday at K-mart last year and had I not braved that nightmare I wouldn't have any of the holo figures, the Wookiee Gunner, etc...  Bly/Gree seemed to ship early in good numbers but those last handful were a bitch to find.  I'm thinking the final 22 may fall in that same category unfortunately if they're not shipped a while longer.

While I think there's a lot of hate to the final wave(s) here of figures, I know I'm planning to build some armies on the Clones and droids, and there's not a lot I'm passing on...  I've been dreading the thought of tracking these down but not now so much.

The Worst Question of the Week Award!

Genius, and something I'm going to look forward to.  I've been sort of plotting out my own version of this in my mind every week, but it sure is something worth talking about.

I gotta say, the Collector Fleet one was definitely a question hardly anyone must've given a **** about...  The line did tank miserably and probably because if you're going to buy something like that, you may as well buy a model and do a better job than Hasbro did.  For the price you were kind of ripped off on those at the time.  They were sort of poor quality and I speak from experience that the stands didn't hold them up too well, at least the Destroyer anyway.

They were a bad concept best left dead.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 02:56 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 14, 2006, 09:18 AM »
A long drawn out period to find everything, do a little army building hopefully, and if you find it all fast you can get some downtime after the holidays on massive spending sprees...  That's not a bad deal to me.  I like the idea of figures at the end of the line/year shipping a while though into the following year

Oh, I agree with that as well.  Its more just that I'm looking forward to that new line/figures next year - but I could definitely use a more spread out break as well.  It seems like spending has been crazy lately, and with Christmas just around the corner that won't help things any.  Plus, I too am hoping this wave won't be as difficult to find.  I'm not looking for all of them, but there are some (BARC Trooper in particular) that I really don't want to miss.  Hopefully this will make it easier for everyone to find what they're looking for, and have a few months to spread the spending out.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #314 on: November 17, 2006, 03:38 PM »
The Hasbro QnA for Week 19 has been posted...

- 2007 Vintagey offerings?  (notice how they ignore the second half of the question?)
- A return for the 2005 TRU Jedi Starfighters?
- Where do babies Mace Windu Battle Packs come from?
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender