Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A Sessions  (Read 305703 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Weekly Q and A
« Reply #315 on: November 17, 2006, 04:04 PM »
Thanks Jeff.

Matt,
Just to be weird, but I prefer the categorical over chronological.  I've become far more selective of late, so it's nice to skip to what I want rather than skimming everything.  Regardless, it's a wonderful resource and the effort is appreciated.

Brian/Jesse,
I'm all for the break and think it a wise move by Hasbro (yeah, I actually said that).  As Jesse mentions, post Christmas is a traditional downtime for toys and it's typically worse north of the border (to beat a point to death further, if possible).  So having that gap means we have a good shot at being in on the start of 30AC and might have an opportunity to see the last 22.  Historically Canada gets shafted on the last wave or two of every line since POTF2 so a big gap could prove beneficial in getting the last product to us.  Of course that could backfire with retailers deciding nothing is selling as Endboo sits and sits on the pegs. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #316 on: November 18, 2006, 04:55 AM »
I'm geeked on the past Jedi Fighters getting re-issued...  I know that's a sore spot, but those really went fast around me so I'm looking forward to getting at least one of them...  A local bud has the other for me.

I think a lot missed out on those though, not just me, so rather than seeing the same obi/ani fighters in red and yellow, it'd be nice to see their later scene fighters re-issued, especially considering they were in them just as much it seemed and we have Obi's astromech for that fighter.

I think this was a great Q&A round overall but there's the normal stuff mixed into it that's easy to make fun of...  Especially how they answer the usual "I know more about your job than you do, so tell me why you suck" questions.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 18, 2006, 09:49 AM »
I laughed when I read about the electronics issue, and "what we can afford"...  Excuse me?  (one of the) world's largest toy companies?  I just love it when this toy manufacturing giant tells its most loyal customers that it's going to cut corners because they can't afford it and it's for the kids ::)
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #318 on: November 18, 2006, 10:28 AM »
New hope has be to me with this questiona nd answer:

"With the Max Rebo Band being potentially revisited in the near future, is there a movement toward "finishing" the band? (Meaning Umpass Stay, Ak-Rev and maybe Gargan?) Also, are we ever likely to get Tech Mo'r from the Cantina Band updated with an instrument that he can sit at whilst playing? (GH, 11/17/06)

At least one of those figures is slated for next year in the main assortment. The rest will have to bide their time patiently waiting for their turn on stage, confident in the knowledge that we hear the music, too. We hear the music…"

Oh please let it be Yarna please let it be Yarna!
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 19, 2006, 02:33 PM »
The Worst Question of the Week is a good idea, but a little unfair.  It will invariably be the fortieth incarnation of some fuckass Action Fleet question *cough* SSG *cough* or some dip**** "We're so cool" Sandtroopers question.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #320 on: November 20, 2006, 12:33 PM »
The Worst Question of the Week is a good idea, but a little unfair.  It will invariably be the fortieth incarnation of some fuckass Action Fleet question *cough* SSG *cough* or some dip**** "We're so cool" Sandtroopers question.

You're right--the WQotWA* was indeed going to go to SSG for the second-straight week for their asking of yet another question about the long-dead-at-retail Action Fleet and Micro Machines lines.  But I guess I'll take this opportunity to not be as repetitive as they've been, and give the honor to someone else instead:

The Worst Question of the Week Award!

I love the Galactic Heroes line and would love to see them in a larger scale. Any chance we would see them in a 4" or 6" scale? (YN, 11/17/06)

We haven't considered that, preferring to keep our product development focused on the main scale.

Look, I love the Galactic Heroes as much as anyone else, but is there really a desire out there to see bigger versions of them?  They'd lose all their charm.

*WTWaW?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #321 on: November 20, 2006, 05:22 PM »
That is one of the most retarded things I have heard.  If you make the damn things bigger then they will look stupid.  I swear this is why Hasbro messes with us, b/c weekly we prove to be collective morons that collect toys.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 21, 2006, 02:45 AM »
I don't know that it's THAT bad of a question when you think it through.  Hasbro might be able to use a scaled up Galactic Heroes line to legitimately compete with the Sideshow superdeformed figures.  But somehow Hasbro would blow it and not be able to cash in on the kitsch factor that the Sideshow SD figures have, and it would probably wind up more like the silly Galactic Mpire figures.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #323 on: November 21, 2006, 08:54 AM »
I don't know that it's THAT bad of a question when you think it through.  Hasbro might be able to use a scaled up Galactic Heroes line to legitimately compete with the Sideshow superdeformed figures.  But somehow Hasbro would blow it and not be able to cash in on the kitsch factor that the Sideshow SD figures have, and it would probably wind up more like the silly Galactic Mpire figures.
The superdeformed figures are made by Medicom, Sideshow just imports them

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #324 on: November 21, 2006, 11:32 AM »
I don't know that it's THAT bad of a question when you think it through.

It wasn't that bad of a question, but Sprry75 shot my SSG wad for me, so I had to go with something else. 

This'll probably sound really gay, and I don't know how it would work, but if they ever decided to "blow up" the GH figures, I think some plush versions might be kind of cool.  It probably wouldn't be all that great for the human characters, but some big plush versions of the small and/or furry characters would be a hoot.  Yoda, Chewie, Wicket, a Jawa, maybe Artoo. . .
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #325 on: November 21, 2006, 04:28 PM »
I have a blow up Padme, she is great! :P
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #326 on: November 21, 2006, 05:06 PM »

HI-OHHHH!!!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 21, 2006, 07:52 PM »
I don't know that it's THAT bad of a question when you think it through.

It wasn't that bad of a question, but Sprry75 shot my SSG wad for me, so I had to go with something else. 

What, there wasn't anything at Dumbtroo.. I mean Sandtroopers to make fun of this week?  ;D
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 07:54 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #328 on: December 2, 2006, 03:02 AM »
I hereby defend JD's question on the Gellagrub. :)  That Q went in before the BP images surfaced so we don't deserve the worst question of the week award, plus it garnered Hasbro's response that the grub isn't on their priority list at the moment.  Bummer on that.

That said...  Lots of playset and 7" unleashed questions this week...  who'd have thought that? ::)

Kudos to Scum getting in a question that basically asked what questions they're sick of answering or hearing asked.  That was funny just to read it posed to them.  Then to read in Matt's wrap-up all the questions that clearly were what Hasbro was talking about.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 2, 2006, 10:46 AM »
Yeah, JJ, I thought that was a pretty intuitive question for Scum to ask.  It's too bad that whoever is answering these still doesn't have a clue about store pegs and the popularity or lack thereof of the kids lines ::)
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke