Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A Sessions  (Read 307403 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Weekly Q and A
« Reply #450 on: March 4, 2007, 11:37 AM »
There are tons of other vehicles they could do instead of repainting the X-Wing 8 times (yes I exagerated but still).

Don't underestimate Hasbro and the quest for cash.
« Last Edit: March 4, 2007, 11:37 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: March 4, 2007, 11:40 AM »
The Nutcracker is my favorite ballet, but I can be open-minded  :P
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #452 on: March 4, 2007, 02:54 PM »
Hasbro confirmed no Yarna for us this year.  :-[
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #453 on: March 5, 2007, 01:19 AM »
Would you consider doing a fans choice ballet for the Titanium 3" vehicle line? I ask this because the reissues with paint variations and "battle damage" give the impresson that Hasbro has reached the end of the line as far as new ideas. I believe there are plenty of vehicles to be made and maybe the fans need a contest forum to shed light on new vehicles. (ST, 3/02/07)*

This is an interesting idea and certainly, given the large fan passion for Titanium, a valuable tool for our input.  We'll look into this.

---

I don't know about you guys, but I think a Fan's Choice Ballet could be an interesting experiment.  It's about time someone brought some high culture into toy collecting.  Bravo, Sandpoopers.  Bravo.

I hope it's not so much ballet as it is a musical...  Star Wars nerd version of Cop Rock.  Tell me you wouldn't want tickets to that one?

This go-rounds questions were different...  Lot of things I know I'm personally very much disinterested in...

Someone needs to counter AF's one question about ball/socket heads too.  Yeah, let's just take the line a step backwards in quality...  I know there's a "problem" with getting the helmets off some figures, but it's still possible...  So I'd take the ball/socket head over doing away with the feature.  ::)  Just be careful with your toy's for god's sake.

And Scum, a playset-ish question?  Come on already...
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: March 5, 2007, 08:41 PM »
I thought the same thing when I read the question about doing away with the ball/socket heads.  I was like, "Noooooo! Hasbro, don't think that statement is indicative of what we all think!"  Ball/socket heads have made customization so easy...
Greg Reeves

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: March 6, 2007, 10:09 AM »
Some people are just never happy.  I love the ball sockets as it allows for cooler head poses.

Figures can now ponder.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: March 6, 2007, 10:21 AM »
I like the ball sockets too, and hope that they don't go away anytime soon.  Like ruiner said, some people just aren't ever happy.  They want articulated figures, but without any joints showing.  I don't think we'll be seeing "skin" on 3 3/4" action figures anytime soon ;).

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #457 on: March 6, 2007, 03:54 PM »
There's always Gentle Giant if you don't like how a figure looks, ya know?  Toys are supposed to have articulation...  GI Joe didn't sell well as a fluke.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: March 6, 2007, 03:57 PM »
Exactly right Jesse.  I think many of the Star Wars figures we see now - using the VOTC figures as an example - are a great blend of good articulation and a nice sculpt.  Sure, we're not going to mistake it for a real person standing on our shelves, but we're not supposed to.  That's what busts and statues are for, if you don't want articulation "lines".

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: March 14, 2007, 04:01 PM »
Hasbro has totally screwed up GI JOE stuff in my opinion.  So much potential yet terrible execution... I think they should go for more realism like in the 21st century line with their sculpts (and a lot of the designs too).

Looks like with their 25th anniversary line they could have a good thing coming though.

:P

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #460 on: March 16, 2007, 07:30 PM »
The latest Hasbro QnA has been posted... and man is it chock full o'tidbits!

- no blue coat V30AC Hoth Han... and LFL squashed the extra "Hood Up" head :(
- Torture Rack Han Solo = confirmed  :)
- TFU figures officially delayed... but apparently it's not a big deal.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: March 16, 2007, 07:51 PM »
Aargghhhh!!  How can they not include the hood-up head?!  I would MUCH rather that head than the other hood, and it's much more iconic of the outfit with more screen time!  When did he ever have just the hat without the hood?  They should release it on a ball-jointed neck, and if we desire to have a hoodless Han, we can replace the head with a VOTC/VTSC one.  On a side note, LOVE the mention of the torture rack  ;D
Greg Reeves

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #462 on: March 16, 2007, 08:25 PM »
Also, way to throw folks into a tizzy about there not being as much VTSC this year.  Same as 2004?  Weren't there lots of those?  Why even telegraph that?

Offline obi-dad

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: March 16, 2007, 09:31 PM »
- no blue coat V30AC Hoth Han... and LFL squashed the extra "Hood Up" head :(
- Torture Rack Han Solo = confirmed  :)
- TFU figures officially delayed... but apparently it's not a big deal.

Hey, if the Torture Rack Han Solo is true, then how about some of those other figures from that one rumor list (from some company's upcoming inventory list)?   I'm sure I read in a Hasbro QnA that they were just all wishfull thinking/rumors.  But I don't recall reading anywhere else about rumors for the Torture Rack, besides that posting, and that turned out to be true.  How many other figures will turn out to be coming out this year?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: March 17, 2007, 02:09 AM »
Also, way to throw folks into a tizzy about there not being as much VTSC this year.  Same as 2004?  Weren't there lots of those?  Why even telegraph that?

To make sure they sell them all.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."