Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A Sessions  (Read 306976 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Weekly Q and A
« Reply #495 on: April 4, 2007, 04:57 PM »
I agree Matt, that would be a great set.  Thanks for posting this Q&A, and your idea of making it into something similar to the TRU Bantha sounds fantastic.  Maybe they could include a couple of retooled Gamorrean Guards or something with it.

:P

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: April 4, 2007, 05:45 PM »
It's all about the presentation.  Like Matt said, you'd be surprised how the right packaging (presentation) can affect sales of the same product.

Just look at the Battle Packs.

Night and day difference.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: April 4, 2007, 05:48 PM »
It's all about the presentation.  Like Matt said, you'd be surprised how the right packaging (presentation) can affect sales of the same product.

Just look at the Battle Packs.

You've got a point there.  I'm a carded/boxed collector and I skipped every single one of those TRU sets just because they looked so damned lame.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #498 on: April 4, 2007, 06:18 PM »
Thanks for adding the answer from the podcast, i usually dont bother with those either but really wanted to know how they answered the Jabba question. I hope they do Jabba sooner than later and he comes with a dias.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #499 on: April 13, 2007, 06:30 PM »
The latest Hasbro QnA has been posted...

- No love for TRU exclusives questions. :(
- More Repacks.  :(
- GH Single Packs = Family Dollar / Big Lots.  :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #500 on: April 14, 2007, 12:33 AM »
The Family Dollar/Big Lots thing was interesting.  I don't think I've ever seen a Hasbro SW product at Big Lots (they're like fly **** around Pittsburgh, so are FD's) before. 

Bummer on the other stuff though...  Pretty lame cop-out on the Geonosis pack.  Yes, yes, yes, we know you're going to unveil it (as if pictures won't show up beforehand ::) at C4...  Just answer the friggin' thing, haha.

Just reading through the Q&A round-up (thanks again Matt), and there's a TON of half-answers in this session, lots of skirting the issue on questions, and just a whole lot of nothing...  Plus, more rampant vehicle questions?  And a Battle Star Galactica question too?  Is the Q&A this desperate for new material or what?  Meh...  Just not a ton of good stuff this week in general it seems, plus some duplication doesn't help matters as always.  Blah.

Just didn't seem like an interesting week I guess...  Sucks we got shot down on the battlepack one.  The thing's listed...  don't be a bunch of pussies about it. 
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 12:51 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: April 14, 2007, 03:35 PM »
I think the biggest surprise to come out of the latest QNA is the fact that the McDroids are CIV exclusive, meaning they won't be available online.

That's great for the attendees but not so good for the ones who aren't going.

Guess I'll have to resort to ebay...after the hoopla settles down.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #502 on: April 27, 2007, 05:31 PM »

- No new Vader TIE after all? :(
- How do they paint all these figures?
- Baron Fel = Comic Pack :)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #503 on: April 27, 2007, 05:40 PM »
- No new Vader TIE after all? :(

Someone sure went through a hell of a lot of work for the "fantasy situation" box art then  ::)

Here is a link to the model kit that was used to "misrepresent" what they are truly selling
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 05:54 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #504 on: April 28, 2007, 12:03 AM »
As this is the 30th Anniversary of Star Wars' release and your line this year is called the "30th Anniversary Collection", now seems the best time to ask this one: what are the chances that we'll be getting a figure of the very first person ever seen in all of Star Wars (that's not a droid), the white-haired Rebel Fleet Trooper who shows worry and then steadies to hold off the Stormtroopers for control of the Tantive IV? For clarification, the Decipher CCG named this guy "Lt. Pello Scrambas" - though nobody seems entirely in love with that name so feel free to NOT use it ;). This would also be a great chance to do a new, better-articulated Rebel Fleet Trooper body. (SSG, 4/27/07)

We have not considered doing this figure, but it makes sense for a down-the-road variant of the Rebel Fleet Trooper -- at least for the head. We probably won't update the Rebel Fleet Trooper body for a long time, as it is, it does pretty much everything you could ask of these poor doomed corridor fighters.

Comments, Jesse?   :D
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #505 on: April 28, 2007, 01:53 AM »
They're dumb. 

(;) so they know I'm kidding...  sort of.  I mean, it's a caved in chest, so I don't know what they think.  Answers like this sort of piss on their own outstanding work on figures like the Rebel Honor Guard...  I mean, you want to see what more can be done?  There it is...  So why that answer?  Who knows...  But yeah, they're dumb, but with a ;) so they don't feel bad and/or sad.)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 02:13 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: April 28, 2007, 02:29 PM »
I'll be less polite about it JJ.....

That is pure bollux.  I am sure they are going to say the Death Star Trooper is the best it can ever be too, so we will be stuck with that one till somebody else gets the license.

Some decent info this time around, but several answers have me SERIOUSLY considering not riding the Hasbro wave until 2018 and just going back to Vintage only collecting...

1.  They think Collector Cases don't sell because the ones they had previously did not sell.  Perhaps it was what was offered...3P0 and Vader heads...I had and still have 4 of the old vinyl cases.  Their logic in that and several answers is flawed or missing.

2.  Ships are important, but the things on the ground/Death Star that shoot at them are NOT..Did hasbro watch any of the movies...anybody remember this line  "I'll worry about the guns, you worry about fighters", "The guns, they've stopped"......seems short sighted.  If they like to reuse molds so much how bout the one from the Vintage Death Star (I think I stole that idea from Chewie  ;)

3.  Gungans are more important than OT Rebels.  Not only are Gungans in the works, but the SAGA Hoth Rebel and POTJ Fleet Trooper are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Good that they don't need to be remade any time soon IF EVER.  Screw that, it boggles the freakin mind.

4.  Neck balls... did they read their own answer?  It is circuitous at best.  There is absolutely no reason not to have 3 or 4 standard sizes all in the same position..for humans especially. Some heads are lurched forward, others are straight up.  I guess it is too hard for them...

There's more, but I lack time...I guess I shouldn't read the Q&A in a bad mood...

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: April 29, 2007, 05:32 PM »
They're dumb. 

(;) so they know I'm kidding...  sort of.  I mean, it's a caved in chest, so I don't know what they think.  Answers like this sort of piss on their own outstanding work on figures like the Rebel Honor Guard...  I mean, you want to see what more can be done?  There it is...  So why that answer?  Who knows...  But yeah, they're dumb, but with a ;) so they don't feel bad and/or sad.)

LOL!  So true.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #508 on: May 11, 2007, 09:23 PM »

- 30AC Vader's TIE = huge disappointment  :(
- 30AC 4-LOM - all-new and pretty darn cool  :)
- No CIV Hints for You!   :(

Also, a scheduling note:  The formal Q&A sessions will be taking a small hiatus due to Celebration IV and the Memorial Day holiday.  Look for the Q&A sessions to resume on June 8th

Don't worry though, there should be quite a bit of Q&A goodness from the Hasbro C-IV panel to tide you over!  :D
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 09:31 PM by Jeff »

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: May 11, 2007, 09:39 PM »

- 30AC Vader's TIE = huge disappointment :(

Will it still be the white "Vintage" paintjob, as scene on the box? And when is this bad boy supposed to be released?