Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A Sessions  (Read 307932 times)

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Q&A Sessions
« Reply #525 on: June 9, 2007, 02:00 AM »
Didn't they say he had a new upper torso?

Maybe they just thought that the arms were covered in that description.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #526 on: June 9, 2007, 02:15 AM »
Said new head, upper torso, and belt...  The rest is Han parts.  I could see them clumping the arms in with the torso I guess, but that's really confusing on their part to word it that way since arms and torsos are different things...  Maybe the Lando at C4 is getting less poofy arms and those were just stand-ins?  I didn't recall Lando's smuggler duds being so billowy but I liked the look of the figure... 

The pants too are clearly not Han's.  They're over the shoes, not tucked, so I dunno what's up with their answer but they're not making things much clearer. :)

2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: June 9, 2007, 12:56 PM »
I think it's just Hasbro not knowing what the heck is happening. I clearly see a VOTC Lando repaint (with a holster) in that pic.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: June 9, 2007, 12:58 PM »
I think it's just Hasbro not knowing what the heck is happening. I clearly see a VOTC Lando repaint (with a holster) in that pic.

looks like it only has a new torso...and a holster.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #529 on: June 9, 2007, 02:50 PM »

I'd say--obviously a new head.  Definitely the VOTC arms and hands.  Probably almost definitely the VOTC legs and feet (although it's too dark to tell for sure).  I can't tell what's going on with the big-ass belt.  I'm guessing it's still there, but it's painted the same color as the pants, and it's covered up by the holster, so I can't say for certain.  But even on the torso, it looks like some of the folds in the shirt look the same.  Could they just have retooled the collar by itself?  I don't know how that works.

Anyway, on this sample, I don't see any reused Han parts, with the exception of maybe the vest and holster.

Maybe the Lando at C4 is getting less poofy arms and those were just stand-ins?  I didn't recall Lando's smuggler duds being so billowy but I liked the look of the figure...

I went through all of the Lando Smuggler shots, frame-by-frame, Zapruder-style, while looking to make a screencap a few months ago, and while I didn't get one of his sleeves, they were definitely more like Han's, and less like Jerry Seinfeld's puffy shirt's.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: June 9, 2007, 04:51 PM »
Honestly I think we are plain lucky to they even bothered with this Lando at all.  It looks fairly decent for what it is. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #531 on: June 11, 2007, 03:09 AM »
They can change the collar Matt, actually... 

I popped apart a VOTC Lando and it's one of the oddest construction designs of a figure I have seen.  The shirt's collar and neck are actually a single piece that is connected to a strange pin on the shirt.  Almost looks like it was an intentional modular design, but I don't think that's the case.  Just looks like it.

The belt too is a separate piece (his big wrangler jeans belt buckle thing) if I recall...  So that too could be swapped out.

Just saying that we can assume what we see there is what we're getting though, is anyone upset if his sleeves aren't technically right?  The pants are completely debateable as I don't believe any production shot of Lando in that outfit exists, or has been show by LFL if it does exist...  But the shirt I thought you could see in the movie at least briefly.  So, if the shirt is Han all the way and not Senfeld's pirate shirt, but we get a figure with Seinfeld shirt, does that bother anyone?  Honestly I almost like the way that figure looks so much that I won't mind.  Maybe that's 100% my lack of interest in a smuggler Lando figure in the first place though.  Inaccuracy is annoying to me usually, just not in this case for some reason...  not as much anyway.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: June 12, 2007, 05:14 PM »
So did we get cofirmation in the Q&A that we will get 2 imperial Officers in 1 Comic Pack?

When developing new sculpts in the basic figure line, does the possibility of future repaints and or battlepack releases factor into whether a figure is greenlit? (TJ, 6/08/07)

Sometimes we do take this into account, for instance when we develop Jedi bodies that can be used for future figures who may not command a total resculpt, or especially for figures like Juno Eclipse, whose body ushered in a new opportunity for female Empire officers, starting with the upcoming comic pack featuring Luke and Deena Shan in imperial disguise.  In this case, the re-use of the figure will actually beat the original to market, as did the Mace Windu Squadron Airborne Trooper and the Order 66 Galactic Marine.  Funny how that works sometimes...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: June 12, 2007, 10:20 PM »
Honestly I think we are plain lucky to they even bothered with this Lando at all.  It looks fairly decent for what it is. 

I have to agree.  I think this looks like a damn fine figure!

:P

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #534 on: June 13, 2007, 12:05 AM »
So did we get cofirmation in the Q&A that we will get 2 imperial Officers in 1 Comic Pack?

"Lieutenant Jundlund & Lieutenant Shan" were on the comic pack rumor list for a while now, but I'd say "yes" that this is a confirmation of the set. 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #535 on: June 13, 2007, 01:33 AM »
I'm game for that, I just hope the Luke is more than a Luke head on a Jerjerrod body...  know what I mean?  It's kind of an action-ish outfit Luke wears, so I'm really hopeful for a poseable Impy Officer body there. :)

And I'm still curious about the Stormtrooper disguised figures that got rumroed a short while ago too...  The Duros and I thought the aged Clone.  Or am I imagining that comic pack rumor?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: June 13, 2007, 02:20 AM »
It's still up for preorder...

http://www.r2dtoys.com/store/store.pl?action=comingsoon&id=2596

If that's worth anything!

:P

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: June 13, 2007, 09:33 AM »
Ok I composited the two Lando pics to be about the same size. I also lightened up the smuggler pic so you can see things more clearly. The sleeves are not really grey on the lando, but I had to keep close to the original contrast of color so you can see the folds. If I didn't then the lightening of the pic would have blown out the color and you wouldn't be able to tell.

Anyway in the pic you can clearly see that it's the complete Lando VOTC body. Arms, torso, waist (including the belt, which has now been painted to match the pants), legs, and feet.

So indeed it is only the collar and the head that are different to this sculpt. Of course the paint job on the rest of the Lando now reflects the smuggler outfit better.

Not excited about this fig, but it has it's merits over my custom in the articulation, so I'll prolly get it.

I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: June 13, 2007, 09:35 AM »
I was listening to this week's Star Wars Action News podcast, and they went over their three questions for the week.  One question asked about the AT-TE, which didn't get a firm answer.  They also asked what style the upcoming Clone Wars figures would be in (for next year's animated series) - realistic or animated - and Hasbro said it hadn't been determined yet.  The vehicles will likely be in the regular style though, as they can utilize previous toolings then (meaning, repaints :P).

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: June 13, 2007, 11:56 AM »
I hope they're not animated - I'm not buying any more animated style things.

Or maybe I should hope they're animated, so I can save a small fortune.