Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A Sessions  (Read 305692 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Hasbro Weekly Q and A
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2006, 03:04 PM »
Just a reminder that if you'd like to add a question for Hasbro to our list, please post them HERE.

If you post the questions in here, they might get overlooked or forgotten among all the comments...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2006, 04:12 PM »
Here's a nice summary of all the questions/answers for week 1 (with most of the repeat questions removed):

Week 1 QnA In Review

If anyone finds another site that posted answers to questions, let me know and I'll add them to the file.   :)

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2006, 05:05 PM »
No reason to start calling each other idiots, whether we're joking or not.

Anyways, it is good news I think that the Animated stuff won't be coming back... I understand that some people like those, but it seems like such a small niche.  I'd rather see the 3-3/4" line keep a realistic style...

Was the question asked, "Why doesn't Hasbro focus on the 3-3/4" line, seeing that is what sells and so much space at retail is dedicated to other Star Wars lines that everyone knew would flop (Choppers, Force Battlers, small Unleashed)?"

A question I'd like to see asked is why Hasbro went with the 2" Unleashed... if they want to go away from the 7", why not experiment with a 3-3/4" scale Unleashed, using all army builders?  Galactic Marines, Stormtroopers, Battle Droids, etc.

:)

Well if someone has issues I have a pretty hard time holding back. Someone should let them know.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2006, 08:34 PM »
One thing that stuck me is that they keep saying there will be lots of EU in 2007.  I'm wondering if they are refering to the forthcoming Clone Wars 3D Animated show.  I mean, isn't everything non-movie EU?
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2006, 12:39 AM »
Someone should let them know.

Yes, and the someone(s) who will are staff, so unless there's joking going on here the staff are unaware of, everyone needs to refrain from namecalling on our forums. 

Speedermike, TV shows are EU too and that's a good point...  Not all these answers are black & white.  I've learned that with anything Hasbro's said publicly over the years actually... 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2006, 12:45 AM »
I did not think my question would have been chosen. Otherwise, I would have put some more thought into it.

Not really your fault Shawn, more Hasbro's...  If they'd wanted to, they could've said "Hey you know what, we ARE re-releasing him actually, and he'll see life again in the basic line this time for army building" or some other answer...  They simply said "no" and didn't really address anything particular about it.

Obviously their answer is half-bull**** anyway because, as others noted, he is re-released (sort of) as the base figure to the new Tat. Wave Sandtrooper...  new belt, little new tooling, new paintjob and accessories, but not a new figure...  So on one hand they say no, on the other hand  we know he can show up in some form or another...  So I lean more towards them saying no to the "VOTC" version of the figure seeing the light of day...  Whether that means his packaging or whatnot makes him VOTC, I don't know, but it at least gives me some hope he sees release in the basic line with maybe a slightly dirty deco on his shoes to act as some paint variation or something.  Hasbro would be foolish (entirely possible) to not release a SA Stormtrooper en masse at some point in the basic line.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2006, 12:58 AM »
Yes, but they aren't TSC Basic figures. Like Jesse said, the only figures who even come CLOSE to having ROTS quality articulation are Sun Fac, Sora Bulq, Leia Boussh, AT-AT Driver, and the Firespeeder Pilot.
You forgot Hoth/Bespin Vader & the Utapua Clone,even though you were listing new figures.Th DS Gunner & Ewok Diety 3PO look like ROTS articulation.The only figures that comes close to near ROTS articulation are Scorch who needed knees & ankles & Cody who needed ankled & ball joint arms.Yeah,sort of sucky year for articulation.

Back on topic,I hope Hasbro will milk something big out that hasn't been heard in rumors (4inches.de reported VTSC 2 but for this year). :-\
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2006, 10:25 AM »
Thanks again Jeff (and JD) for collecting all the answers from around the web in one convenient place.  Of course, nothing earth shattering, but I guess its nice to at least get some information.  We could have probably gotten most of these answers on our own though, a lot of "sounds good, maybe some other time" that we've heard before.  At least we know that the vintage style figures will continue, although I wish we were still getting that rumored 2nd wave this year (and maybe we are, Hasbro can be sneaky sometimes).  Also good to hear that we'll be getting new vehicles next year, although I'm curious what that will be for sure.  Other than that, lots of doubling up on questions and also answers that were purposely vague.  Sounds like 7" Unleashed will continue, at least in repack form for now, vehicles seem to be a little bigger priority, more Clone Wars figures sound possible - in realistic style (most likely coinciding with the show I would guess), and Evolutions is a "no" right now - since the basic line offers that quality already this year  ::) - not quite sure where they are getting that, and playsets don't sound like a real firm possibility right now either.  Anyways, I look forward to seeing some more answers this Friday.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2006, 11:06 AM »
Regarding new vehicles I assume we would get another X-Wing and probably a B-Wing repaint.  Maybe the rumored white Tie Fighter ???  And probably a Skiff. 

The one thing that I am happy to hear is that some older Unleashed is being released again.  I am really kicking myself for not buying them.  Sucks for the people that paid high prices for some of the loose pieces of late.   

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2006, 01:46 PM »
I kind of get a kick out of some of these answers from Hasbro.  Not that I am surprised but this one below caught my eye: 

"TheJawa: We understand the idea behind rehashing and reusing older figures in the the sets. But is it necessary to use those figures from way back and not the more modern issue (ie Untimate Bounty Hunter set had older Bossk from 1997 and not 2004)?

HASBRO: When putting together sets, we try to use the most current figure available to us at the time, but sometimes the most current figure isn’t always the one that is available for us."

Translation:  We have a ton of certain figures leftoever in our warehouse that we really want to get rid of since we spent all the money to make the molds, etc.  An example is the the POTF2 Bossk.  The new one sold very well and is quite superior to the old version.  However, since we have tons of of the old ones leftover that is the version we decided to try and get some mula back on. 

I am just kidding around.  It's nice to get some feedback even if some of it is a bit on the B.S. side. 

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2006, 02:48 PM »
A white TIE fighter with the bigger wings would be very cool... no way could I pass that up...

:)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2006, 03:09 PM »
I know this is not where to post this but:
My next batch questions for them. I give them high kudos for attempting this.
Talking to rabid passionate fans is not an easy thing to do. Their marketing teams is really trying to connect with us.

Dear Re-Hashbro (Could not resist)

1. How about re issueing items fans will really clamour for on your website like:
The Rebel Troop Transport
Mini Rigs (Vehicle Energizer, skiff)
Death Star Playset

2. When is the Toyfare Fans choice going to be announced?
(This is way over due)

3. It seems the Target exclusive formula is not performing that well any more. Like the Lava figures, Demise of Grevious are stacked high as well as Skirmish in the Senate set.
Do you think it has anything to do with the veri inflated price and overly reused figures?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 11:40 AM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline ddschneider1972

• Youngling
  • Go Bucks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2006, 03:20 PM »
I've been collecting since I was 7, I read a majority of the fan sites daily (the decent non SCUMmy or SirSleezy ones) and I have seen many many many characters requested by the fans. I have NEVER EVER seen anyone request a Naboo Mechanic...One site even did an article to shwo fans exacly where this guy came form....they  had to point him out because no one was sure where he was in the film, let alone did anyone have a desire for the figure. Was the idea to make that figure by the same genious that decided to make choppers? When will we get "Tatooine man #2"? I know it will be before characters integral to the story like, young Owen and Beru.... 
"Modern Collectors are just Walmart Shoppers" -The new SW "Fan Club" President

They are right, everything is big in Texas, even the defeats...The Buckeyes are (still) #1!!!!!!!!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2006, 03:04 PM »
So are we due another installment of the Q and As this week?  Hopefully we'll find some further information on the line(s), and where they are headed this year and in the future.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2006, 04:56 PM »
So are we due another installment of the Q and As this week?

Yes!

Here are Hasbro's Answers to the JD Questions from June 9th, 2006:

1.  Articulation is a popular feature on toys for children and adults alike.  Is it possible we'll see things like elbow, wrist, and knee joints become the standard in the Hasbro basic line on all figures, regardless of their role in the films, since poseable toys are popular?

** We weigh each figure based on their individual needs and the costing of the product overall.  If a character has a significant accessory, or is in a multi-pack, we will evaluate that vs. just premium articulation for the sake of articulation. 

2.  With the HUGE success of the Marvel Legends Build-a-Figure idea, is there any chance that we might see that implemented in the 3.75" Star Wars line to get figures (such as Hermi Odle or a new Probot) or maybe playsets (like a Jabba's Dais or Moisture Evaporator)?  

** Not at this time.

3.  What's the story with the Saga Wave 7 Endor Rebel Soldiers that debuted on your website recently - are they shipping at the same time in the same case, are they randomly packed, or will they be a running change?

** They will be a running change.