Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A Sessions  (Read 305801 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Hasbro Weekly Q and A
« Reply #150 on: August 9, 2006, 11:32 AM »
Pawlus had a good point about coins - it usually leads to the end of a line.  Let's hope that we don't see the same thing happen next year that the old folks will remember from the original POTF days.

It's interesting--the parallels between POTF and next year's line.  Both will have debuted two years after the "last" theatrical movie, both will have cardbacks which were quite a stylistic change over their previous versions (although ROTJ to POTF is nowhere near as radical a change as SAGA2 to 30AC), and both will have coins (or medallions ;) ) as premiums.

I don't think the coins will cause 30AC to tank like POTF did--there's so much other ancillary stuff out there now to keep "Star Wars" going (at least for a few years), and there was virtually nothing else out there for Star Wars in the mid-to-late eighties.

But, then again, I'm not Adam Pawlus, so what do I know.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2006, 04:23 PM by Matthew »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #151 on: August 11, 2006, 03:40 PM »
The Hasbro QnA for JD from 8/4 has been posted.

Yeah... there's not much to see this week.   :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 11, 2006, 04:48 PM »
Yeah, you gotta love it when they pick a question that they don't answer.  LOL. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #153 on: August 11, 2006, 05:08 PM »
They can't all be "Wilrow Hood Will Get Made!" kinds of questions I guess. :)

Yeah this week is meh...  Oh well, maybe next time.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 11, 2006, 06:23 PM »
Hasbro Weekly Q and A...Why are we doing this again... :-\?

Are we just gauging Hasbro to confirm that they answer questions the way we expect them to answer?

Hasbro Predictability Factor...High ::)

--Urb

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 11, 2006, 06:55 PM »
Do not get me wrong.  I actually think it's kind of nice that they do these Q and A sessions.  If nothing else we know for certain that they read collectors feedback.  It's just some of the answers have sort of been answered already by them in a slightly different form.  It's kind of funny to reread them again.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #156 on: August 11, 2006, 08:14 PM »
Just wanted to give some Props to Matty B for all of the work in compiling all of the Q&A stuff in the Master GNTesque Thread....its a great resource and a lot of work went in to it, thanks :-*

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #157 on: August 16, 2006, 03:23 AM »
Matt's definitely been compiling a nice collection, so my thumbs up to him too...  It's been hard for me to keep up with all the Q&A's lately just because life is busy so it's nice they're all condensed into one area to breeze through real fast.  Thanks man.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #158 on: August 18, 2006, 10:31 AM »
Just a quick note:

Due to a holiday-shortened work week for our friends at Hasbro, the Star Wars Weekly Q&A submission that we sent on August 11th will be not be answered until August 25th.

So, no new answers this week.  Guess that means Matthew gets out of updating his mega thread this weekend (and at this point I'll add my name to the list of those who thank you for your efforts on that thread  :)).
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 18, 2006, 10:36 AM »
Add me to that list as well.  Thanks so much Matt for compiling everything in one - easy to navigate resource.  I can't imagine the work that goes into updating that thing, and its so great that you set it up and continue to maintain it.  Thanks again.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #160 on: August 18, 2006, 01:05 PM »
Thanks, guys, for the kind words.  I'm glad that others are finding it helpful.  I started it because I thought it was a pain in the ass to have to go to ten or fifteen different sites just to read the same ol' regurgitated responses, but I had no idea it would turn into the behemoth that it has. 

It's a lot of work, but I like doing it, as long as people are getting some good out of it.  That said, I certainly don't mind all of the "off-weeks" Hasbro has been taking with it. . .   ;D

And if there's anything you guys would like to see, or ways you think it could be made better, please feel free to let me know.  I'm always open to suggestions.

Thanks again.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #161 on: August 18, 2006, 02:14 PM »
Since you've opened a suggestion box Matthew, I think maybe a chronological list of the Q&A's is not a bad idea either however it'd be an undertaking unto itself unfortunately I think.  :(

You've certainly made things easier...

By the way, FFURG.com has Q's and A's now but they'll be customs focused for the most part, just so you know if you hadn't already added them to your list.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #162 on: August 18, 2006, 02:50 PM »
Since you've opened a suggestion box Matthew, I think maybe a chronological list of the Q&A's is not a bad idea either however it'd be an undertaking unto itself unfortunately I think.  :(

You know, I've thought about doing that a couple of times, but I don't know that it would be all that different from what some of the other sites (Nicklab and TheJawa.com, in particular) have been doing.

But what do you other guys think?  If you had the choice, would you rather read the Q & A's broken down by date, or by category?

By the way, FFURG.com has Q's and A's now but they'll be customs focused for the most part, just so you know if you hadn't already added them to your list.

Where you been?  I've had FFURG's questions in there for a few weeks now.  I'm on top of this ****, baby!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #163 on: August 18, 2006, 04:58 PM »
Ah good, I just wasn't sure.  I hadn't read the update because of time constraints lately...  I've hardly had time to come into the collecting areas of the forum actually.   :-\

I just wanted to make sure you knew about FFURG's status on the list since I wasn't sure if you ever visited there. 

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #164 on: August 18, 2006, 08:58 PM »
Ah good, I just wasn't sure.  I hadn't read the update because of time constraints lately...  I've hardly had time to come into the collecting areas of the forum actually.   :-\

That's really a good point that you've brought up, because something that's always bugged me about the archive is that it's next to impossible to scroll through it and determine what the new additions are at a glance.  I've thought about putting the new questions in a different color, but the thing is already too rainbow-lookin' as it is, and it'd be a pain in the ass to have to go through the next week and remove all of the tags from the (then old) questions.

Maybe I could try a separate reply just for that week's additions.  They'd be on Page 2, so they wouldn't get in the way of the categories, and it'd be easier to find out what's new that way.  And it wouldn't be that much more trouble to do.

I think I'll give that a try next week, and see how everybody likes it.  But I gotta say, I have pretty much zero interest in going back and reorganizing the past answers chronologically.   ;D

I just wanted to make sure you knew about FFURG's status on the list since I wasn't sure if you ever visited there.

Usually don't, but I've been checking in the last few Fridays.  They've been asking some pretty good questions so far--much better than what a lot of the other sites have been asking.

Love,

Gregg