Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A Sessions  (Read 306959 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Weekly Q and A
« Reply #165 on: August 21, 2006, 09:02 AM »

But what do you other guys think? If you had the choice, would you rather read the Q & A's broken down by date, or by category?

Only because you asked, I prefer chronologically.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 21, 2006, 07:23 PM »
I'd say by date, this way I do less digging. Is it easier to do it this way? 

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #167 on: August 22, 2006, 12:27 AM »
Only because you asked, I prefer chronologically.

Noted. . .

I'd say by date, this way I do less digging.

. . .and noted.

(CTRL + F is your friend)

Is it easier to do it this way?

It certainly would be.  But I'm really attached to the categorical sorting, and I prefer it to chronological sorting for several reasons, so it's worth the extra work to me.  Thanks for your input, but since I'm the one doing it, that's how it's gonna be.   :)

That said, I'll try doing it by date for the next round (in a separate reply), and we'll see how that turns out. 

There's still no way I'm going back and reorganizing everything chronologically, though. 

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 22, 2006, 01:30 AM »

There's still no way I'm going back and reorganizing everything chronologically, though. 

Did someone ask you to do that?
 You're doing well, keep up the good work.

The DS
« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 01:31 AM by Darth Slothus »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #169 on: August 22, 2006, 01:39 AM »
Did someone ask you to do that?

No, just emphasizing the point that if someone's waiting around for a chronological Q & A archive, they're gonna be in for a long wait, that's all.

You're doing well, keep up the good work.

Thank you.  Your approval was the utmost concern when I started this project, so I'm glad to see that you're satisfied.  Makes it all worth it. 
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #170 on: August 22, 2006, 01:52 AM »
Have another Matthew (snip) judgement impaired?!

How'd you know?

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 22, 2006, 01:57 AM »

Q's

- When are the questions submitted for the week's round of questions?
- Are they(questions to hasbro) all submitted or is there some kind of 'cool guy' editing process?
- If the former question is a yes answer then who is selecting the questions presented to Hasbro?
- Is there an equal opportunity method for question selection?
- If there is a quota for how many questions can be asked per week and we're over it with good, edited questions, do those that miss out fall off for good or are they revisited again in coming weeks as possible questions?

:-\ ???

DS
« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 01:59 AM by Darth Slothus »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #172 on: August 22, 2006, 02:02 AM »

Q's

- Are they(questions to hasbro) all submitted or is there some kind of 'cool guy' editing process?
- If the former question is a yes answer then who is selecting the questions presented to Hasbro?
- If there is a quota for how many questions can be asked per week and we're over it with good, edited questions, do those that miss out fall off for good or are they revisited again in coming weeks as possible questions?

:-\ ???

DS

. . .the ****?!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #173 on: August 22, 2006, 03:00 AM »
Matt, god willing I ever get any time I'll work at a chronological wrap-up of the past ones for you and just hand it off to you to insert.  Personally I think if they can run side-by-side both ways that'd be ideal of course, but it's really up to you and good work either way it goes.  It's your project and we're not going to jump in on it really...

Jon, your questions (they're more or less deviating from the current discussion I thin, Matt) go like this:

We submit questions every Friday for the following week, and this is the format at every site out there.  We get the answers the same day if I'm not mistaken (for THAT week's round).

We pick the questions each week ourselves, as there are limits set by Hasbro.

No single staffer hand picks anything, it's pretty much collaborative by us all, just chiming in on what we think is good for this particular week or whatnot.

???  As opposed to?  We get questions in and we just weed through looking for what we think are the best and send them off.

There is a limit...  Some sites have been abusing it and asking more than we were told we were allowed to ask (we've tried to respect Hasbro's guidelines, others clearly have been asking more though).  The Q&A thread's q's for any given week aren't deleted or anything, they're still there and potentially up for asking too...  Bearing in mind however that we do keep our eyes on what other sites are asking and things, and try to adjust ours accordingly to avoid duplication and such, and to get out the questions to Hasbro we think they'll A) Answer in the first place, and B) that really are asking something tough of them that the collectors deserve answered.

IE: We won't ask about playsets, vehicles, etc...  Some places are asking about them still, but the "point" of it is moot at this point and it's a waste of an answered Q.  We look things over pretty closely though to dig up the best Q set we can for each week and so far I think we've done fairly well considering some of the Q's (and their A's) we've read around the various sites.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 23, 2006, 12:57 PM »
And I'd say you guys have done a bang up job in picking the questions. 

Some of the sites out there (and I won't name names) have really wasted their opportunity to get questions answered from Hasbro by asking ridiculous questions that either A.) everybody know the answer to already or B.) the request is so obscure Hasbro replies with "no comment."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 23, 2006, 01:32 PM »
Matt, god willing I ever get any time I'll work at a chronological wrap-up of the past ones for you and just hand it off to you to insert.  Personally I think if they can run side-by-side both ways that'd be ideal of course, but it's really up to you and good work either way it goes.  It's your project and we're not going to jump in on it really...

Jon, your questions (they're more or less deviating from the current discussion I thin, Matt) go like this:

Jesse--

Thanks for the involved reply. I would ask how my Q's could possibly be deviating from the current discussion though considering it is a Hasbro Q and A thread so, where else would I ask those questions?

One more Q for JD staff only then?  Since Hasbro took a 'week off' from us are Q's backdating to the 9th of August going to be considered for the next QandA submittal?

The DS

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 23, 2006, 01:47 PM »
Just a quick note:

Due to a holiday-shortened work week for our friends at Hasbro, the Star Wars Weekly Q&A submission that we sent on August 11th will be not be answered until August 25th.

Sorry for the DP...

So, am I getting this right? We DID send Q's on the 11th that won't be answered until Friday? I looked and only saw 2 Q's that I asked on the 9th(for between the 5th and the 11th)-- were you able to pull more older q's so we could have enough for that week's round?<asked under the assumption that my Q's won't make the cut because we couldn't really ask a Q from that guy ;)>

DS
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 01:57 PM by Darth Slothus »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #177 on: August 23, 2006, 04:50 PM »
So, am I getting this right? We DID send Q's on the 11th that won't be answered until Friday?

Yes, the questions we submitted on 8/11 will be answered by Hasbro on Friday (8/25).  They skipped last week due to the Holiday in RI.

One more Q for JD staff only then? Since Hasbro took a 'week off' from us are Q's backdating to the 9th of August going to be considered for the next QandA submittal?

I looked and only saw 2 Q's that I asked on the 9th(for between the 5th and the 11th)-- were you able to pull more older q's so we could have enough for that week's round?<asked under the assumption that my Q's won't make the cut because we couldn't really ask a Q from that guy ;)>

We don't just look at the recent questions asked when we plan out our submission, any questions in that whole thread (that haven't been asked by us or another site) are fair game.

I copy each question out of there and have a running back-log list of questions from both from the staff and from the forums.  That is where we draw our questions from on a weekly basis.  As Jesse said, we try try to weight the questions to find the most "bang for the buck" from Hasbro.

And since, you asked, I can tell you right now that your two questions were NOT part of the 3 that were sent to Hasbro last week.  It has nothing to do with "who" they came from, but rather other reasons why we did not choose them yet...

- Your first question was WAY too long for Hasbro to answer.  Hasbro has asked that the questions are a few lines long max and we want to honor their request.  Not only that, but it was a question that involved sales data and Hasbro has shown in previous weeks that they don't really answer those.  Add in the whole "I think you're doing something wrong" aspect of the question and Hasbro won't take it seriously.

- Your second question involved Beast Packs.  Questions about the beasts have been asked by other sites, and the answer is always something like "Though we understand that beast/creature assortments are desirable, at this time it appears that new vehicle assortments are in higher demand."  As Jesse said in his post above, we try to avoid duplication so we tend to skip questions if the topic has already come up.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #178 on: August 23, 2006, 04:53 PM »
Jeff is to nice a guy to say that your questions suck.

Since mine suck too, I will not say it either.

8)
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 23, 2006, 05:52 PM »

We don't just look at the recent questions asked when we plan out our submission, any questions in that whole thread (that haven't been asked by us or another site) are fair game.

I copy each question out of there and have a running back-log list of questions from both from the staff and from the forums.  That is where we draw our questions from on a weekly basis.  As Jesse said, we try try to weight the questions to find the most "bang for the buck" from Hasbro.

This is what makes JD.com  my favorite site.  You guys pay attention to the community as a whole and not just our little corner.  I think of the sites that have the ability to ask questions about 75% of them piss the opportunity away asking questions that have been covered before (sometimes twice).

Since this Q&A thing definately has a short shelf life, we need to see what we can get out of it.

I also appreciate the thread that has all the questions keeps me from having to figure out which sites asked questions this week....