Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A Sessions  (Read 307977 times)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Weekly Q and A
« Reply #180 on: August 23, 2006, 08:53 PM »
Jeff is to nice a guy to say that your questions suck.

Since mine suck too, I will not say it either.

ORLY? Didn't you just say it in that first line?

I recently added several questions that you may now legitimately feel 'suck' for your enjoyment ::)

So, my question about beasts is the same as the others? Since I don't have the time to look up backdated info..the other Q's on this matter cited examples mirroring my Q? they suggested pack-ins too? If all that were true then I guess someone DID ask the same thing and I'm good with that explanation then.

I can understand editing for EXACT same questions..though I just feel other 'speculation editing' kinda sucks really. Why? because we don't work for Hasbro or speak for them..so how can we really honestly edit for them?(though predictable as they are we can't guarantee 100% what they say) I've noticed that say 30 questions go before Hasbro a week(all sites)..they seem to give an honest, non-vague, non-blow-off answer to only a few. If we left the editing up to Hasbro the program would be dead in a week because ..for good PR they would only select a few Q's that they would want to answer (after several submitted). Folks would tire of the rejection of it real quick.

While I feel MWB has done a nice job in here. I honestly am no longer amused with this ****** program. BTW --I know I'm not alone on this. Many others including staff have countless times expressed their disdain for Hasbro's replies. To me..it seemed like a novel idea to Hasbro at first and now that so many Q's have been asked and are now edited..coupled with 'Hasbro answer conditioned' editors what they assume Hasbro won't like..the program seems to be falling to ****(by Hasbro design!?!).

I also feel it 'self-full and egotystical' the comments I see here criticizing other websites about a Q asked that's been asked before ect. Sure we wanna be a great site but to the low expense of Hammering others because they don't have a cool editor and they actually, humanly missed a duplicate Q? Perfection or Alienating? What because our site is so awesome that we didn't make that mistake? I guess we as a site can all pat ourselves on our backs then.

I think the focus should be towards Hasbro being ridiculous here. Everyone should have the equal opportunity to have their Q asked/forwarded..if there was something in the Q that could be worked/edited than that should be worked with the poster to get his/her Q in. I've seen 'questions' submitted (passed the cool editing program)that really read like statements. I think that really Sucks IMO--it is after all a QandA thread and not a Statement and response thread.

You should ask yourselves though.. "Hasbro weekly Q and A"
How many 'answers' does Hasbro provide? You can't count ducks and dodges either.

Thoroughly disgruntled with Hasbro and weak support responders--
The DS

« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 12:19 PM by Darth Slothus »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #181 on: August 23, 2006, 09:08 PM »
So, my question about beasts is the same as the others? Since I don't have the time to look up backdated info.

Yes, because it takes all of, what, ten seconds to click into the archive thread, scroll to the "Beasts and Creatures" section, and read the three or four questions about beasts that the other sites have already asked?

While I feel MWB has done a nice job in here and appears to be 'groomed' for staff work in the future

It'll never happen, and even if it did, I'd never want to be staff here, because then I'd never get to say things like what I'm about to:

Jon, you're a ******* idiot.

I'm out.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #182 on: August 23, 2006, 09:48 PM »
Everyone should have the equal opportunity to have their Q asked/forwarded..if there was something in the Q that could be worked/edited than that should be worked with the poster to get his/her Q in.

Um... it is an impossibility to have every question that is posted get forwarded for an answer from Hasbro.  We only get to submit 3 questions per week, and our back-log (not counting all those questions you just dumped in there tonight) is up to 50+ questions.

Everyone has equal opportunity to have their question considered, all they have to do is post it in the thread.  Like I said earlier, ALL questions posted in that other thread are copied and pasted into my back-log file.  From there, it is up to us (the Staff) to select the 3 questions for the week. 

Once again, we try to pick 3 questions that we think the majority of our JD readers will enjoy and will have a good shot at getting answered.  I know we don't know 100% what Hasbro will or won't answer, but after 8 weeks, we've got a pretty good idea when a question will get a "no plans for that right now" type answer.

And the questions that we don't pick?  They stay in the back-log file.  Just because we didn't use your beast pack question last week (or this week) doesn't mean that we will never use it....
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #183 on: August 24, 2006, 01:04 AM »
About "deviating from the current discussion", Jon...  What I meant is that everyone's talking about Matthew's gathering of Q&A's from around the net and how they should be formatted and other crap of that ilk and you then asked something wholely separate of that discussion.

I didn't say off-topic, just deviating from what everyone was back-and-forth on at that time, thus more answering Matthew than you.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 24, 2006, 10:55 AM »

you're a ******* idiot.

I'm out.

:) It takes one to know one, actually. Have a beer.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #185 on: August 24, 2006, 11:13 AM »
:) It takes one to know one, actually. Have a beer.

Have another Jon, and..while your at it I should point out that you blew it in that..after my last comment it WAS an O RLY moment and you missed out with that weak sarcasm instead; judgement impaired?! C'mon..I expect more from you ::)
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 24, 2006, 11:46 AM »
Deja vu? I think I heard those words before..LOL
(but I didn't have 2 seconds to look it up)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 11:48 AM by Darth Slothus »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #187 on: August 24, 2006, 12:13 PM »
#1 - DROP THE PERSONAL ATTACKS.

All parties have been warned via PM.  There are "vacations" on the way for some folks if it continues...

#2 - YES, WE KNOW THAT YOUR SPECIFIC BEAST PACK QUESTION WAS NOT ASKED YET.

Like I said...

Just because we didn't use your beast pack question last week (or this week) doesn't mean that we will never use it....

We have 50+ question in our back-log.  Just because we didn't get to your question in the one submission we've made so far since it was asked doesn't mean it will NEVER get asked. 

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 24, 2006, 12:17 PM »
I made it easier and deleted my q's.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #189 on: August 24, 2006, 12:31 PM »
Ok I took a couple secs to look up the beasts section and found that ..

My Q IS different than the others
-I saw nothing that mentioned with figure pack ins
-I didn't see any with the examples I left

Seeing as how it only took me a couple seconds to click and look that I actually indeed have a different statement I wonder if blinders are on?

Okay, you looked at the beasts section, but did you actually read and understand the responses?  Here they are again.  Pay particular attention to the last two responses:

Beasts and Creatures

Any plans of re-releasing Jabba the Hutt with his throne? (JI, 8/04/06)

Good question. He's a great iconic character whom we haven't done anything with in a long time. We have no plans right now.

Are there any plans to make any beasts available again like the Dewback, Tauntaun, Rancor, or Bantha; either newly-sculpted versions or re-releases of previous versions? (SWC, 7/14/06)

We're looking at beasts as an '07 possibility, more-so as exclusives, but there are no specific plans right now.

Will we be seeing more Beast/Creature assortments in the foreseeable future? (AF, 6/09/06)

Though we understand that beast/creature assortments are desirable, at this time it appears that new vehicle assortments are in higher demand. Vehicles will play an integral part in our future line releases.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, your beasts question was "different," but it wouldn't have gotten any different a response from the others.  It sounds like we may or may not be getting some beasts next year.  If we are, Hasbro certainly isn't ready to divulge that info yet. 

Since Hasbro is vague at best with even the most general of questions, there wouldn't be any way they'd give a good response to your very-specific question.

You might try asking it at Sandtroopers.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 24, 2006, 12:34 PM »
I can't respond to this in a way I'd like because it would lead me down a dark path.. but thank you for your efforts in the explanation, Matt.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #191 on: August 25, 2006, 02:37 PM »
The Hasbro QnA for JD from 8/11 has been posted.

- "RotS Sneak Preview Astromech Sculpt" for R2-D2?
- Anymore Heroes & Villains or Greatest Battels rehashes in 2007?
- When can Han get a holster like Garindan?

:)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #192 on: August 25, 2006, 02:55 PM »
This is gonna be a good Q & A week--they've already confirmed the Artoo repaint, and the new SA Mace, too. 

Good stuff.

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 25, 2006, 03:28 PM »
and the new SA Mace, too.

I assumed that Hasbro would be making this next year, but now seeing it confirmed is just great. I'll be buying multiples! :D
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #194 on: August 25, 2006, 05:04 PM »
I am actually impressed that they decided to cut the bull**** and give out straight answers.  My opinion of them has change, not a lot, but it is something.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.