Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A Sessions  (Read 305746 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Hasbro Weekly Q and A
« Reply #195 on: August 25, 2006, 08:22 PM »
Here's an interesting reply:

-------------------------------------------------------

As 2007 is the 30th anniversary of Star Wars, will we see a larger percent of Original Trilogy characters who have never been made before, compared to previous years? Characters like CZ-3, Hermi Oodle, Yarna Gargan, Tonnika Sisters, etc, would make great 30th anniversary presents! (RS, 8/25/06)

Tough one to quantify, but I think that collectors will be very happy with the selection of new OT figures next year, including at least two that you mentioned.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone want to take any guesses?

(Here's RS's rumor list, for reference.)

Since he's on the list, I'll say Hermi and the Tonnika Sisters, which have been rumored for a while.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 25, 2006, 08:46 PM »
Jawa w/ Droid is on the list.

Jawa w/ CZ-3?

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #197 on: August 25, 2006, 08:55 PM »
That's a good point.  With the rumored Vintage Jawa also on the list, I forgot about the basic one. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see three of them, then--Hermi, CZ-3, and the Tonnikas, possibly with that curved cantina piece they've been teasing us with.  The only one that really seems unlikely for next year is Gargan, but you never know. . .
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #198 on: August 26, 2006, 01:10 AM »
You know what, i think you all know i am hoping for Yarna, and i think she is one of the two.

Please let it be Yarna! Please let it be Yarna! Please let it be Yarna! Please let it be Yarna! Please let it be Yarna! Please let it be Yarna!  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #199 on: August 26, 2006, 02:40 AM »
I'm guessing Hermi and CZ3 only because they're who I want the most...  Hermi's tops and CZ3 is about as interesting an OT droid as can be made at this point (not much to pick from in the droid column these days). 

I want my apple eater though, and now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 26, 2006, 10:33 PM »
I like the question choices this week from Most of the sites.  Finally we have gotten past the weekly "when will Clone Commander X be made"....of course somebody had to ask the weekly Tonnika Sister question...I thought JD and GH asked the best questions, which made it easier to get a better answer.   

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #201 on: August 27, 2006, 01:43 AM »
I thought the Q's this week were better overall too for the most part, Paul...  There are of course a couple here and there that fall short, and some that make you laugh some because they basically try to act condescending towards Hasbro in the Q&A but ultimately get told to eat it in their replies. 

Overall though there was a lot of good Q&A time this week I think.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 27, 2006, 01:56 AM »
Interesting answers this week.

I just thought I'd say thanks to Matthew for his work on organizing the answers, and even listing it all chronologically for those that were interested in this format. 

Thanks.  8)

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 27, 2006, 11:29 AM »
I'd have to say that Hermi and CZ-3 would be the two that are going to be made. I guess it could be the Tonnika sister(s), and judging by Hasbro's "joke" at Comic-Con, I'm guessing it WON'T be Yarna.
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #204 on: August 27, 2006, 01:35 PM »
Keep in mind that CZ's been  on a rumor list with some backup to it too...  The 2nd accessory sets were to have him in there somewhere.  I'm hoping he makes it.  An actual unique new droid would be nice.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #205 on: August 28, 2006, 11:13 AM »
The questions definitely got better last week.  I think people are finally starting to move away from the "why won't you make big, expensive Playset X/Vehicle Y"-type questions, and are starting to ask things that maybe aren't as easily answerable.  I don't know.

I just thought I'd say thanks to Matthew for his work on organizing the answers, and even listing it all chronologically for those that were interested in this format. 

Thanks.  8)

Awww, shucks.   :-*

It was technically more work, but doing it chronologically gave me a new way of looking at things and I think it even saved me some time in plugging the answers into the categories.  And it's definitely easier to find out what's new, now.  Thanks to everyone who suggested it--I should have been doing it this way (side-by-side) since the beginning. 

Thanks again, and if anyone else has any other suggestions, please let me know.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #206 on: September 1, 2006, 12:08 PM »
Here's some questions we get to look forward to today, thanks to SSG:

Does the Star Wars team still have interest in seeing every original Kenner vintage figure redone in the modern line in some way (be it basic figure or otherwise), such as: Sim Aloo, Warok, Lumat, human B-wing Pilot, Hoth Rebel Technician / Tauntaun wrangler, black Bespin Security Guard, Woof (vintage Klaatu with the sheepskin), etc.? If so, any specific timeline for them?

Now that we have a new definitive Biker Scout, can we expect to see a more accurate Original Trilogy speederbike soon?

Didn't JD ask those same exact questions like a month ago, and get like the typical, noncommital "no plans at this time" response?

:-X

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #207 on: September 1, 2006, 12:23 PM »
Didn't JD ask those same exact questions like a month ago, and get like the typical, noncommital "no plans at this time" response?

Pretty much... two months ago on one of them.

Do you plan on getting to the remaining figures from the Kenner Vintage line that have not yet been given a modern sculpt update? (These include Jabba's Palace Klaatu, Lumat, Romba, Warok, Black Bespin Guard, Imperial Commander, Death Squad Commander, B-Wing Pilot, and more). (JD, 6/30/06)

We're still working out all the details for the 2007 line, so we will not be announcing the specific figures until the Fall. Be sure to ask again in a few months!

With the all new SA Biker Scout (Kudos to you Hasbro, that's some super fine work you did), fans are now anxious to know if an all new Speederbike is in the works? The original's sculpt is detailed, however the bike isn't particularly sturdy and it's a bit oversized. A smaller (properly scaled) bike with maybe a clear stand for a hovering effect would be incredibly popular given how many Biker Scouts a lot of us own I'd imagine. (JD, 7/26/06)

Interesting idea. We don't have a new one in the works, but if we do a new bike, we'll take your feedback into account.

Maybe they are taking Hasbro at their word and just doing the "ask again in a few months" bit?   :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #208 on: September 1, 2006, 12:35 PM »
Pretty much... two months ago on one of them.

It was more of a rhetorical question than anything, but thanks, anyway.   :-*

I doubt they'll be asked anyway, as SSG has had some major problems in getting their questions in.  They've missed the last three sessions in a row.  Duplicate questions or no, I hope they get their stuff in today.

Funny though, on the duplicates--in one thread over there, JediTricks was blathering on about how he never goes to JD unless it's to read the Q & A's, to make sure they don't all ask the same questions. . . 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #209 on: September 1, 2006, 01:15 PM »
The Hasbro QnA for JD from 8/25 has been posted.

- Battle Damaged Vader's TIE?
- More knee articulation?
- Is it brown or blue?
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender