Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A Sessions  (Read 307550 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Hasbro Weekly Q and A
« Reply #210 on: September 1, 2006, 01:46 PM »
Watch as JediInsider pisses away what could have been a good question and answer:

Any plans for a VOTC Jango Fett figure? (JI, 9/01/06)

Prequel Vintage is an interesting concept (if not an oxymoron) but we're not there yet…we'd like to continue to concentrate on classic Kenner figures that should be updated first. At some point we can see doing what you suggest, but it's not anytime in the near future.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how not to word a question to these guys. . .
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #211 on: September 1, 2006, 04:53 PM »
Hasbro must think that we are as stupid as they are based on the average question  that they get. :-\

I like Hasbro's answer to the Solo coat.  "Well if we can sell two of the same figure then we will; blue, brown, cherry it is all the same to us here at Hasbro...green" ;D

« Last Edit: September 1, 2006, 04:55 PM by Gatillo »
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #212 on: September 1, 2006, 07:32 PM »
Didn't JD ask those same exact questions like a month ago, and get like the typical, noncommital "no plans at this time" response?

Pretty much... two months ago on one of them.

Do you plan on getting to the remaining figures from the Kenner Vintage line that have not yet been given a modern sculpt update? (These include Jabba's Palace Klaatu, Lumat, Romba, Warok, Black Bespin Guard, Imperial Commander, Death Squad Commander, B-Wing Pilot, and more). (JD, 6/30/06)

We're still working out all the details for the 2007 line, so we will not be announcing the specific figures until the Fall. Be sure to ask again in a few months!

With the all new SA Biker Scout (Kudos to you Hasbro, that's some super fine work you did), fans are now anxious to know if an all new Speederbike is in the works? The original's sculpt is detailed, however the bike isn't particularly sturdy and it's a bit oversized. A smaller (properly scaled) bike with maybe a clear stand for a hovering effect would be incredibly popular given how many Biker Scouts a lot of us own I'd imagine. (JD, 7/26/06)

Interesting idea. We don't have a new one in the works, but if we do a new bike, we'll take your feedback into account.

Maybe they are taking Hasbro at their word and just doing the "ask again in a few months" bit?   :P

Well, here are the results:

Does the Star Wars team still have interest in seeing every original Kenner vintage figure redone in the modern line in some way (be it basic figure or otherwise), such as: Sim Aloo, Warok, Lumat, human B-wing Pilot, Hoth Rebel Technician / Tauntaun wrangler, black Bespin Security Guard, Woof (vintage Klaatu with the sheepskin), etc.? If so, any specific timeline for them? (SSG, 9/01/06)

It's not a stated goal for the next few years, but it will probably happen eventually more organically... i.e next time we do an Ewok, for instance, it could be an update on original figures. But we haven't just slotted all these into a future line.

Now that we have a new definitive Biker Scout, can we expect to see a more accurate Original Trilogy speederbike soon? (SSG, 9/01/06)

I think the previous Speeder Bike was pretty good. But there is always room for improvements. The real question then becomes, is it better to make an improved bike or a similar sized vehicle that has never been done before...

Mmmmm. . .  I got nothin' clever to say here.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #213 on: September 1, 2006, 11:07 PM »
I do...  They must like me better because they actually answered my speederbike question with enthusiasm.

So eat that SSG.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #214 on: September 19, 2006, 10:35 AM »
The Hasbro QnA for JD from 9/8 has been posted.

- Confirmation on Commander Appo and the Combat Engineer Clone
- How do you choose those main characters?
- Why carded collectors feel the pinch
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 19, 2006, 12:00 PM »
Interesting response on the whole yearly release quota thing. I think it's a complicated answer for - "because we know a fixed number of customers will buy every single one."  ;)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #216 on: September 19, 2006, 03:09 PM »
Why was the POTF2 Millennium Minted Coins series from 1998 so named? Was it in relation to the Millennium Falcon, or was it in relation to the Y2K Millennium fever? (RS, 9/19/06)

The latter.

Whew!  Ya know I was getting antsy that nobody had asked this yet.  :-X
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #217 on: September 19, 2006, 03:20 PM »
I've been on pins and needles for the last eight years, waiting to find out about that! 

Now I can finally sleep at night.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 03:20 PM by Matt »

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #218 on: September 19, 2006, 04:02 PM »
I have not said much about the questions being asked but rather the answer given but that MMC question is pretty stupid.  What's next?  Why was POTF called POTF and not power of the hungry wookies? :P
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 19, 2006, 04:03 PM »
From GH:

Galactic Hunter: Have we seen the last of the Holiday Edition action figures? Was the Holiday Darth Vader the end for that series?

HASBRO: I doubt it will be the last…but we will not have a Christmas-themed figure next year at least.

-So does this mean there is a Christmas themed figure for this year?-
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #220 on: September 19, 2006, 04:43 PM »
Yeah that was worded...  funny.  The way I read that, there is one this year but not next year (since they'd have plans that far ahead, it makes sense), however it could've been a miscommunication and meant THIS year there isn't one?

Either way, as is said in the X-Mas figure thread, that's something I'd like to see die a quiet death now as well.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #221 on: September 19, 2006, 04:48 PM »
I think they meant that there won't be a holiday figure this year.

With only three months to go until Christmas, I think we would have heard about something by now, if there was one. . .

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 20, 2006, 08:05 AM »
Good questions again from the JD.Com team.  I noticed at least 2 other sites that are STILL asking about specific figures (some of them twice).  If they are going to piss away a question like that, they should be forced to give their questions to other sites who actually ask decent questions.  It truly boggles the mind.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 20, 2006, 09:11 AM »
Yeah, more great questions from the JD team.  Although there are still a lot of "no comment" type of answers, it does seem like we can read between the lines a little with some of Hasbro's answers.  I noticed in one of the answers this week, they did say there would not be a VTSC Jawa coming next year - as was rumored.  However, when asked about figures such as Jedi Luke, VTSC Bespin Luke/Han, they simply gave a "wait and see".  Maybe that will mean something, maybe not, but I sure hope we see all three of those figures next year in some capacity.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 20, 2006, 09:26 AM »
There was a also a specific question regarding the possibility of the VTSC Death Squad Commander. The answer was interesting because they said they have to figure out a way to make the saga mold better first. ???
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 09:26 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."