Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A Sessions  (Read 305761 times)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Weekly Q and A
« Reply #255 on: October 13, 2006, 04:32 PM »
Just a quick note:Due to the holiday-shortened work week for our friends at Hasbro,

Haha. Friends. Ha.

Ha ha.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 13, 2006, 07:12 PM »
Perhaps I can help alleviate everyones withdrawl.

Hasbro's answers to burning Questions from other sites:

No Playsets next year.

Stop asking about specific figures.

Playsets are not planned for next year.

That is a good idea we'll take it under consideration.

Playsets are not in next year plans.

Didn't you ask that question last week?

Next year playsets? Not Planned.

(Just a little sarcasm on a Friday afternoon)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 20, 2006, 09:57 PM »
I've waited a week for canned answers to repeat questions.......Was there another Holiday in Rhode Island this week that the rest of the country didn't get to take?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #258 on: October 20, 2006, 11:05 PM »
It must have been a busy Friday at the big H... I've seen nothing from them yet and I don't see anyone else posting Q&As this week either.    :-\

Last time it happened, the answers showed up Wednesday of the following week, so maybe we'll get a double-shot next week?
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #259 on: October 22, 2006, 09:06 PM »
The Hasbro QnA for JD from 10/13 has been posted.

- more "Ephant Mon" sized figures possible?
- bad news on that Preview Sculpt R2-D2  :'(
- Felucia Battle Pack Confirmed!

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 23, 2006, 09:53 AM »
And thanks to Matt's hard work we have the following tally:

Playset Questions:  4

Specific Figures Questions:  4

But at least they weren't all the same question.....

And this weeks proof that Hasbro is WAY out of touch with what is happening at retail....this Q and A...

...Nearly every Target, Toys R Us, and Wal-mart is stuffed with those figures which move much slower and have no room to put out the newest TSC wave, Endor 2/The Phantom Menace. Now Hasbro is saying this "greatest hits" style of assortment will be continuing next year. Why are new-product case assortments still such a problem, what is Hasbro doing to deal with the problems beyond simple case revisions, and - understanding that there is some need for older figures to keep a continued presence on shelves - how will the current problems of the "greatest hits" assortment be addressed? (SSG, 10/22/06)

Just as Collections 1 and 2 in prior years had dediciated space on the pegs, so too will the two basic figure assortments next year (and they also do now, by the way, sit side by side with separate assigned space in the planogram). Retailers replenish figures based on the sell through rate of the assortment, so when stores sell down on 85770 (TSC), they will reorder more. The 87181 (Greatest Hits) have no effect whatsoever on this replenishment. Inventory is managed to keep ample stock on both assortments, independent of how you see them put back on the pegs at the end of the day. One more thing, too - you couldn't be further off regarding the sales of the Greatest Hits figures. They have been a runaway hit and the reason why we are creating a new assortment for next year to keep this going.

Maybe I'll go take a picture of Every Wal Mart and Target in town and let them see that "Bob Minimum Wage" doesn't give a rat's ass about assortment numbers, he puts stuff on the Star Wars pegs from the Star Wars box...I worked at retail in college, I know they want the stuff to be on the right shelf, but managers hate empty pegs more than incorrect assortment sorting...

If the TSC peg is clogged with the Peg Melting H&V wave then it won't scan as empty will it?

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #261 on: October 23, 2006, 11:23 AM »
I do not think Hasbro is wrong about the greatest hits selling well.  Hasbro sold them ;D, it is the stores at retail that cannot sell the damn things.  Big H sold of as many assortments as it could.

One of my local Targets has 18 pegs of Greatest figs packed with figures on the shelves below. :-X
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #262 on: October 23, 2006, 11:46 AM »
Even though there are tons of H&V figures on the pegs at your local store, they still may be selling quite well...

I think back to the "Hulk Hands" from a few years ago.  Those damn things were in HUGE numbers everywhere I went.  I would have sworn it was the worst selling toy ever based on how many I kept seeing, but they ended up being the #1 toy seller that year. Sure, the local TRU had 100 on the shelf, but they were selling 10 pairs per day and stocking 20 every other day.

Out of curiosity on the H&V, I started checking my local Target every other day.  Despite the fact that each day there were 20-24 figures on the pegs, the actual figures on the pegs kep changing.  One day there would be Pilot Obi-Wans and Shocktroopers, the next they'd be gone replaced by Yoda and Vader and Droidekas.  Then, the next time, the Yodas would be gone and replaced by something else. Etc, etc, etc.  The mix kept changing every few days.

As near as I could tell, that Target stocked at least 7 cases (84 figures) of H&V over a 2 week period.  The whole time though there were 20-24 figures on the pegs.  If you weren't looking closely at the content of the pegs and just seeing the full pegs, you would think they haven't sold anything in 2 weeks, when really they had sold about 85-90 figures.

Even if only half of the Targets (650 out of 1300 stores) are selling the H&V as well as my local Target (let's say 40 figures per week), that works out to a crap load of H&V figures being moved each week (nearly 26,000 H&V figures sold each week).   And that's just Target and not even counting TRU and Wal-Mart! :o

Maybe they really are selling better than we can see...

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 23, 2006, 01:14 PM »
You might be right there Jeff, but my concern then is why aren't the Endor and Naboo waves being mixed in to the rotation.

My main rant was that Hasbro claims that the pegs are "segregated" so that HV and Greatest Hits lines are not clogging the TSC portion of the pegs.  It was mostly my experience that I see the ROTS re-releases filling the TSC pegs as well as their own.  Whether they sell through or not I don't know, when I see prequel stuff it is the visual equivilant of Charlie Brown's Teacher talking...just noise.  I am going to start keeping track, just to see.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 23, 2006, 01:24 PM »
That's the same situation here, the figures (Greatest Battles/H&V and the regular basic line) are pretty much all on the same pegs.  Target and TRU seem to have their pegs labeled differently, and are sometimes stocked correctly, but customers take care of that throughout the day I think.  Wal-Mart doesn't even try, they're just all piled together - usually on the shelf below the pegs :).

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #265 on: October 27, 2006, 11:44 PM »
The Hasbro Q&A for JD from 10/20 has been posted.

- More 7" Unleashed in 2007?
- Willl we see the Imp army builders from the 30th Anniversary Tins again?
- Comic Packs Wave 2?

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 28, 2006, 09:25 AM »
Star Wars 7" Unleashed - Have the Target and Wal-Mart exclusive reissues sold well enough to keep the line going into 2007? If so, will we see new Unleashed sculpts or will we see more repacks & repaints (if it's re-issues, any chance you could work the Stormtrooper piece into the mix for 2007)? (JD, 10/27/06)

There will be additional 7" reissues next year, but along the lines of the same "greatest hits" format. But there will be some twists, including a version of the figure you mention. Stay tuned!

So it's almost a guarantee that the following list is accurate:

This is from today's R2DToys Newsletter:

BRAND NEW UNLEASHED for 2007!!

Anakin Skywalker Unleashed New US Box!
Obi-Wan Kenobi Unleashed New US Box!
Shadow Trooper Unleashed New US Box!

So more pegwarming Anakins and Obi-Wans and a repainted figure of one of the hardest, if not the hardest, Unleashed to find.   ::)  **** you, Hasbro.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 28, 2006, 11:06 AM »
The Hasbro QnA for JD from 10/13 has been posted.

- more "Ephant Mon" sized figures possible?
- bad news on that Preview Sculpt R2-D2  :'(
- Felucia Battle Pack Confirmed!
They said "that" figure, maybe we'll see itas another version. If not I'll be pissed off like hell.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 28, 2006, 04:43 PM »
I don't understand Hasbro.  They cancel the 7" Unleashed line because the sales were supposedly poor.  But than act like they are doing everyone a favor by rerelease figures that were supposedly not a good seller.  Sorry, I don't understand it.  You might be able to sell BRAND NEW NEVER BEHORE SCUPTED versions.  Dear God.  HELLO HASBRO!!!  HELLO!!!!  (in my best Biff voice from Back to the Future)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 28, 2006, 05:44 PM »
Hasbro will never be understood for their bad decisions.
I remember my dream now.