Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A Sessions  (Read 305677 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Weekly Q and A
« Reply #405 on: January 4, 2007, 10:20 PM »
more stuff to complain and badger about in the QnA's? not a good idea.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 5, 2007, 01:48 AM »
Thank you to Daigo-Bah, Spuffy, ruiner, Nicklab, and Jesse, and anyone else I might have missed who was being cordial with me in discussing the topic earlier.

This might sound odd, but I'm going to write something personal here now. 

After getting home from work tonight, talking with my wife for a few minutes, and getting online to surf the net for a bit and then get back to real work for my job, I noticed how much I neglect the more important things in life like my family. 

Then I came back here and thought about all the comments that I let get under my skin here in this thread, saw earlier today the troll posting comments about me in several threads, thought about how serious I take customizing, how I go on toy runs every chance I get, etc.  And I realized I've let this hobby consume most of my life, and I've taken it too personally.  For the last 11 or so years now, this hobby has almost always been the defining thing in my life, the thing that keeps me really going (especially when my closest collecting buddy, Mike, died in 2001.  I had been friends with him since 1st grade).  But I've fallen in love with it too much, to the point where it's affected my health and my job.  For those of you that are aware of my sleeping disorder, my doctor has indicated that it could be attributed to my Star Wars fetish for customizing/photonovels.  That when I try and sleep, my mind obsesses with it.  I was too embarrassed to admit before.  But I don't feel embarrassed about it now.  It's the truth.

For my age I feel I am really immature when it comes to having such a love for Star Wars, I look at so many things through the eyes of the child I was in the early 1980s.  It's fun trying to recapture that feeling through this hobby, that's the reason I think a lot of us do it.  And for those who question my ideas, I guess you don't understand my reasoning.  I'm a kid when it comes to just about everything.  Here I am, almost 30 years old and even my two best friends, I've been best friends with since we were 7 years old back when we loved and played Star Wars together.  I guess I'm trying to hold onto my childhood too long.

My wife and I are expecting our first child this June.  Because of that, my life will be changing a lot obviously.  I won't have the time I have had the past two years to customize and create the photonovels that mean so much to me.  I'm not going to be able to afford all the figures I am wanting to get.  And you know, that's probably a really good thing for me.  Maybe once I have a kid, I'll experience "living through your child."  I think I need that desperately.  I won't push away time with my kid for the hobby.  I probably do that too much already with my marriage.

Sorry for so much personal stuff and going off topic like I did.  I just felt like I should maybe tell a little more about myself to those that don't know me here, beause I feel like not too many really do.  If you take the time to read that, maybe you'll understand my intentions/motivations more when it comes to wanting things like playsets, making photonovels, and why sometimes I've let things get under my skin too often. 

thank you,

Justin

« Last Edit: January 5, 2007, 02:46 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #407 on: January 5, 2007, 04:19 AM »
I want some new playsets diorama sets too, goddamnit!  WTF am I supposed to pose my Cantina and Jabba's Palace denizens in?  ******' Hasbro ratbastards.  >:(

I think I'm just going to put them all on that bitchin' Black Pearl playset.  Talk about kickass (and affordable)...

(good luck with the Mrs. and future CHEWIE Jr., CHEWIE)
« Last Edit: January 5, 2007, 04:45 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 5, 2007, 10:54 AM »
Chewie, please don't scare me with thoughts of leaving/reducing the hobby!  Just remember that this hobby is a therapeutic (or supposed to be!) method of helping to deal with life issues.  I do think your custom time will diminish soon due to upcoming child (congratulations!), but you'll still be able to do it and perhaps get more enjoyment out of it.  I'm close to 35 years old now, married for almost 10, and have 2 girls (6 and 2 years old), so self-time is tough to find, but I need it and so I make it happen here and there. Trust me, you don't have to give up something for another thing, but a little adjustment will make each aspect more enjoyable. ;D
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #409 on: January 5, 2007, 11:19 AM »
******* Christ.  Can we get back on topic, please?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: January 6, 2007, 02:21 PM »
******* Christ.  Can we get back on topic, please?

Ask and ye shall receive Matthew...

Could someone (anyone?) ask Hasbro about the Saleucami Clone Trooper/BARC Speeder Bike two-pack if the questions haven't been submitted yet?  Not so much about who's getting it, when, and all that other stuff that Hasbro won't reveal, but more about the concerns of leg warpage due to the thighs on the figures being so close together and the straddle portion of the bikes being so wide apart.  I know Hasbro's all about making things nice in the package, but if it's going to be damaging to the toys inside, it'd be nice to know what we were getting ourselves into beforehand.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 12, 2007, 02:07 PM »
Ok, we've waited patiently...need some questions and answers.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #412 on: January 12, 2007, 05:11 PM »
The Hasbro QnA for JD from 1/5 has been posted...

- Who sculpts all these figures anyway?
- Remember the 1978 Stormtrooper blaster?
- The end of 3.75" Titanium Figures?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 05:12 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: January 13, 2007, 12:35 AM »
Interesting- 10 to 12 freelance sculptors!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #414 on: January 13, 2007, 03:32 AM »
Yeah I thought that was interesting too...  GH did a story once a little bit ago about a guy that had sculpted the VOTC Chewbacca which really is one of the finer sculpts of the modern line I think...  I find the who's behind the scenes to be interesting because sometimes you can almost tell the same guy did this or that...  That Chewbacca definitely has a look that makes you notice that same "style" almost in other figures I think. 

I would've thought they had more sculptors in-house to tweak the sculpts too really.  The times of keeping them inside the company seem to be gone though for most toy manufacturers.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #415 on: January 13, 2007, 11:31 PM »
Can I nominate whoever had the question about Multi-Colored Stormtroopers for "Question of the Week"...

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: January 14, 2007, 01:35 AM »
Yeah, those sound cool. I'm pretty sure there was different colored stormies, unlike the camo BDs.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: January 14, 2007, 08:27 AM »

I don't know what is scarier about that question, that it was asked or that Hasbro has taken it under consideration.  Will Hasbro and Lucas please leave the OT alone and stop trying to make it fit the PT world.

There were some pretty good questions and answers though this time around.

However, Hasbro contradicts themselves again.  When asked about the Comic pack vader and his arms, they said there was not time to modify any of the figures in the first wave, does that mean Han in Stormtrooper has been done and was just waiting for release and they chose blue highlights as the way to do it?

Do we surmise from the answers that the Bothan we are getting will be in a Rogue Squadron Comic pack? 
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 11:38 AM by Paul »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: January 14, 2007, 11:35 AM »
I wonder how FFurg qualifies their statement about the Marvel 2-packs being hit of miss. They haven't been out long enough to justify that statement.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #419 on: January 14, 2007, 01:14 PM »
Yeah, the no modifying the comic pack figs was interesting, considering Han; they must have already done the tooling for him (or for the upcoming clone head Stormtrooper, which I assume is the exact same body).  And somewhere, they also mentioned how with the Naboo/Endor wave, some figs actually got pushed back from it til next year or later - maybe that Qui Gon they talked about was supposed to be there.